Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Includes:

Chargers are working when drivers need them to, by requiring a 97 percent uptime reliability requirement;

EA goes ooof!
YES!!!

About damned time. This has been the single biggest flaw in all of their stupid incentives. Companies air-dropping compliance/ incentive bait chargers out there with zero incentive to make them reliable has been a huge problem for years.

I can't verify if this is true - $25,000 Tesla for low income in California (USA)

Took a while to find, but this appears to be legit. An additional $7500 for lower-income individuals (400% of the federal poverty level):

(click on "How often do CVRP program requirements change?" and then scroll down to the "Summary of February 28, 2023 updates"

Tesla sold 1 in 9 cars in Cali in 2022. That's only going to go up, a lot, after this. Currently the program has 370M+ in available funding:

Last edited:
Just out.

FACT SHEET: Biden-⁠Harris Administration Announces New Standards and Major Progress for a Made-in-America National Network of Electric Vehicle Chargers​

Includes:

Chargers are working when drivers need them to, by requiring a 97 percent uptime reliability requirement;

EA goes ooof!
More like EA needs Tesla to get to 97%!

YES!!!

About damned time. This has been the single biggest flaw in all of their stupid incentives. Companies air-dropping compliance/ incentive bait chargers out there with zero incentive to make them reliable has been a huge problem for years.

Has anyone found details of how this works? It sounds great, but walk me through it: JuicifyUSA applies for and receives cashola to install a new charging site. Gov't says cool cool cool, make sure it actually works. 18 months later, it's had 91% uptime. Now what? Is the government checking in and following up? Are penalties clawed back? Applied against future incentives? How does this actually work to ensure that the station actually hits and keeps 97% full-power uptime for years to come?

Just out.

FACT SHEET: Biden-⁠Harris Administration Announces New Standards and Major Progress for a Made-in-America National Network of Electric Vehicle Chargers​

Includes:

EA goes ooof!

An EA station where 1 out of 6 stall working and it's occupied by a Bolt charging to 100%, is counted as 100% uptime.

Just out.

Includes:

EA goes ooof!
The Tesla section comes first, it looks totally plausible because most of it already exists…

Then I read all the other “plans“.
Many of those companies will be out of business by 2024 or soon after.

Last edited:
I own BPTRX which is the retail version of BPTIX. 32% Tesla and 9% Space Exploration Technologies Corp.
Where's SpaceX? Here's their top 10 holdings.

1676485712899.png

I don't care for the other stuff. I'd consider a 60/40 Tesla/SpaceX fund... or just X containing anything Elon does, makes it simple.

I own BPTRX which is the retail version of BPTIX. 32% Tesla and 9% Space Exploration Technologies Corp.
Same here. BPTRX has a minimum buy-in of $2000, whereas BPTIX is $1,000,000.

Has anyone found details of how this works? It sounds great, but walk me through it: JuicifyUSA applies for and receives cashola to install a new charging site. Gov't says cool cool cool, make sure it actually works. 18 months later, it's had 91% uptime. Now what? Is the government checking in and following up? Are penalties clawed back? Applied against future incentives? How does this actually work to ensure that the station actually hits and keeps 97% full-power uptime for years to come?
People will learn pretty quickly who has reliable chargers. And if revenue comes at all from charging usage, reliability should percolate to the top of their charts.

Reactions: jerry33
They did, until their hand got forced (I think mainly by Twitter)
I am not challenging you. But curious to learn the role of Twitter in any of these..?

It will help bolster the narrative that Twitter is a big part of how the conversations and decisions will take place in the public arena, further adding to nail in the coffin of lying legacy media

Last edited:
People will learn pretty quickly who has reliable chargers. And if revenue comes at all from charging usage, reliability should percolate to the top of their charts.
Sure, but you just described the status quo, which this announcement is designed to fix. I'm curious as to the specifics as to how, but haven't seen any.

But I think I've taken the thread on enough of an aside--the important takeaway for purposes of this thread seems to be that Tesla's now in line to receive the incentives, and that they aren't going to have to deviate from existing plans to do so.

I have some ideas about how I would structure it which would work, but since it’s the government they will likely pick some other method.

Here’s how I would do it:
  • Companies with 97% uptime on their current network get paid on completion.
  • Companies with lower uptime or no history get paid 20% on completion, 20% per year after if they demonstrate 97% uptime on those stations until the full amount is paid. (Actually a schedule of 20%, 20%, 10%, 10%, 10%, 10% would be ideal)
  • If a company demonstrates 97% across their entire network for 3 years running they can qualify to move up to the first program.
… but it’s government so it’ll probably have some weird clause that makes the reliability unenforceable and they’ll just pay the DOT administrator’s cousin to put in crappy ones.

I am not challenging you. But curios to learn the role of Twitter in any of these..?

It will help bolster the narrative that Twitter is a big part of how the conversations and decisions will take place in the public arena, further adding to nail in the coffin of lying legacy media
My understanding, such as it is, is that before Elon purchased Twitter Elon's companies could mostly be ignored by the WH. Once he acquired Twitter, there was almost an overnight change due to the number of people reached by Twitter. Before Elon purchased Twitter, everything that the WH (or anyone else) didn't like could be chalked up to bots. Now the bots are mostly gone, there is a better verification system, etc. Now correlation does not equal causation, but there is certainly a smoking gun.