Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, I'm still trying to prepare for understanding how the energy transition and potential macro black swans might change the investment landscape from an outsider's perspective! Yes, its super out there and macro, but I'm trying to comprehend this transition before/while it actually happens.

In the voice of Jeremy Clarkson, some say, it will be done in two weeks...

But I'm more of the mind that we are actually looking at many decades to complete the transitions of everything from the power structures of industry and government down to managing transactions at an individual level. This will probably take generations before it reaches anything resembling Star Trek due to the momentum that must be overcome/redirected at every level. Humanity doesn't change quickly by nature, except when forced to, by nature.

For now, I think we are in the catbird seat with Tesla/TSLA to weather these initial squalls brought on by these steps taken toward the larger end game.

The macro black swans may impact most harshly the parts of the system that are being displaced by the new paradigm as the Mission makes them more vulnerable to the winds of change. It could be a lot like watching dominoes falling in a line. Just gotta scan ahead to see where the line of standing dominoes lead.

Not sure if real or not :)

1676501654180.png

This and general power sharing requirements will be handled by V4 Superchargers pretty handily. Let's hope we hear more about them in March and they start actually deploying them soon.
We will see, but someone that has posted supposed V4 specs show that they aren't much different than V3. (Still limited to 250kW/port, ~400kW/cabinet)

Even Rivian is going with allocating under 100kW/stall. It seems like the actual sweet spot for costs and grid availability.

But I question if their information is accurate.

We will see, but someone that has posted supposed V4 specs show that they aren't much different than V3. (Still limited to 250kW/port, ~400kW/cabinet)

Even Rivian is going with allocating under 100kW/stall. It seems like the actual sweet spot for costs and grid availability.

But I question if their information is accurate.

Interesting. I was hoping we'd see MW charging with V4.

I don't remember all the specifics but I'm thinking about when I watched this video:

His thoughts are V4 will be MW and a semi charger will be multi-MW.

I just did a 5,500 mile LA >> Augusta, GA roundtrip. I must have hit 6 different Buc-ee's along the way. Folks, if you've never been to a Buc-ee's you owe it to yourself to visit one. Kinda like Flying J and Wal-mart had a baby. They are truly impressive and offer Tesla drivers a great experience while waiting to charge. Brilliant move on BOTH Tesla and Buc-ee's part. PS. Every single Supercharger along the way WORKED!
Did you hit this one? New 48-stall SC at Buc-ees in Temple, TX.
😳
86BCD134-88B8-49A6-9CF7-21A56AEF7A34.jpeg

Reminds me of a Model X towing a Boeing 747

Reminds me of this one car towing a house, which is literally what that Tesla is pulling. 4 rooms! Boxable is so backlogged it's not funny. When are others going to compete?

1676503431522.png

Then it said "Or did we solve shipping?" Which reminds me of this:

1676503732924.png

And then...

1676504121744.png

Not to go off topic or nothing... but transport is a big part the business.

• Love
Reactions: Max Plaid
Grabbed a few shares at $210 today 😁
Well, can't go back and edit, but now that I actually checked my account, the order went through at $208.80! Even better. It was a $210 limit order so a little better than I expected. New to the single stock game, this is fun! I have about 50 more shares to buy before investors day. Yes, I'm a tiny fish 😁 😁

Also, for those that missed it, nick name is Bear, and own a Tesla, hence the username!

Last edited:
Well, can't go back and edit, but now that I actually checked my account, the order went through at $208.80! Even better. It was a $210 limit order so a little better than I expected. New to the single stock game, this is fun! I have about 50 more shares to buy before investors day. Yes, I'm a tiny fish 😁 😁

Also, for those that missed it, nick name is Bear, and own a Tesla, hence the username!
Don't forget to diversify your single stocks investments by getting some leaps.

not investment advice.

Gotta start somewhere! This stock is volatile and will test your stomach. But through ups and downs it’s hella entertaining.