Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see some folks whining that the stock isn't popping... that's not what this is about... this is about presenting to investors, and prospective investors, where the company is heading, what's the plan and why they should stay invested

And what I hear I like very, very much

If I were Ford, GM, VW, BMW, then I will have passed the "soiling my breeches" phase and moved on to a prolapse...

I honestly don't know, but 48VDC makes a lot of sense. Every motor, every actuator, uses 1/4 the current, meaning the windings can all be smaller, wiring ~1/4 the cross sectional area (lighter/cheaper), actuators much smaller, meaning more options of how to package them. We had gone with 48VDC for all the motion control systems I worked with years ago.
Yeah, going to 48V will save an enormous amount of copper needed for wires and windings. A few pounds per vehicle adds up across millions of vehicles.

I down-voted you. Like Tesla isn't bright enough to have the trailer hook-up drop down to 12v....
You do realize that RIGHT NOW Model Y cars (that are operated at close to 16 volts) don't output battery power to the trailer hitch socket?

Honestly if the cybertruck doesn’t have that feature it’s a huge reason to get a ford lightning. It’s actually a giant deal in terms of cost savings for electrical grid outages.
It will be a huge miss but let's not start talkign crazy!

Power walls are great (I have one), but my CT will have the equivalent of 8-10 power walls. Plus I could drive to wherever power is still on and "reload".
Didn’t this change?
They said it was going to, but it hasn't yet.

I think they might have actually hinted at V2H at the end of the Charging presentation on the "Do cool s***" slide. Next to the Tesla diner image was a very large Wall Connector product that hasn't been shown before. Possibly large enough to contain an inverter. Either V2H or some form of wireless AC charging...

View attachment 912777
Looks to me more like wireless charging! No cable to the car and there is a pad on the ground under the car.

Edit: Semi-confirmed via 3rd party tweet:
We'll discuss it more, but yes, that is a wireless induction charger. It is paramount for robotaxi and non-touch charging (the car leaves and returns independently while you are asleep).
It is entirely configurable via the mobile app. It only supports newer vehicle iterations.
1677715614476.png

1677715655644.png

Last edited:
so no $25k tesla and HW4 announcement so far?
The $25k car will not be announced until it is nearly production ready. It will cut demand for other Tesla products. People "Tesla stretch" now, a would be Prius owner spends $10k more than budget to get a Tesla. Those buyers will get the $25k car. Tesla will not be able to keep it a total secret... but we probably won't see the look and price until 3 months before if Tesla is masterful. The disruption could make a lower quarter or two. Announcing it now would be very bad.