Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. Model 3.

Cost is down 30%. Sales price is UP ~10%. Even if margins were near zero, where does that leave margins today?

Is this number projected from Highland costs or existing? Seems like this is higher than what their results suggest.
Remember we are 2 months after that earnings call, and the numbers reported then were from the entire quarter, all the way from October to December. I assume a lot have changed since, and the numbers they presented are the latest.

This event shows the stupidity of claiming Tesla is at risk when "Elon is distracted by Twitter."

The people who use that line of criticism don't mention that Elon always spent more time at SpaceX than at Tesla (prior to the Twitter stuff) - since that didn't fit their narrative.

But obviously, Tesla is competently run by a large gang of divisional leaders. To say Elon can't get distracted by some new high-level thing without Tesla suffering is... transparently dumb

Since the SEC has zero interest in reigning in the MM/Hedgie's practice of heavily (at times) manipulating the stock, why doesn't Tesla come up with a clever solution to at least discourage it? I understand that splitting the stock via divided causes consternation among the manipulators. Why not commit to a technical split/reverse split randomly once a quarter? If it was 1:1.1 or something small and then reversed randomly within a few months, wouldn't that incentivize the jerks to take their ball and go bother some other company?
Zach : "We've also greatly reduced the entry cost of ownership of our stock, allowing more new buyers to purchase shares than ever before!"
This presentation was geared toward long term investors. If you are a short term trader or options jockey, good luck. It's not going to happen the way you would like it to. Hardly ever does.

The Elon Q&A is where things are going to get wild.
hopefully they ask for an update on this

Or at least this

While the attendees in Austin take a short break, can we have a brief session of TeslAlcoholics Anonymous?

Hi, I'm willow_hiller and I bought short-term calls in anticipation of today.

Whew. Okay, that felt good to get off my chest. I've been telling my wife that the entire presentation is good for our shares, but bad for our calls. Live and learn!

so no update on Robotaxi service? Nothing at all?

Lemme save you some time on asking each "concern" in a different post:

Nothing about robotaxis (other than stuff already said)-- and nothing at all about HW4.
No new models announced (they did mention some design and cost items related to the unannounced next-gen vehicle though)- same with Cybertruck
No new factories announced (they did mention learnings and future cost reductions and efficiency improvements that'll roll forward to them though)
Nothing new about Optimus other than the "nicer" looking version can walk now and they showed a sizzle clip of one assembling another

This wasn't about "Here's a specific thing we're announcing today" this was about "Here's all the ways everything we do has improved, and how everything we do WILL improve over the coming years- including some specifics about those improvements- and they'll show up across all the future stuff we announce later"