Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT: I've listened to (almost) all Rob Mauer's Tesla Daily videos but some days, especially at beginning of the week (Labor Day FTW), I don't have the time to go through his full videos. Unfortunately, Rob still doesn't include chapters, or timestamps in description, to jump to topic, so you can't scan the video except by playing it 2x speed (not easy for non-native English speakers).

Any way, I've discovered this GPT-like tool that can sum up video, and it works great with TeslaDaily:
Code:
https://www.summarize.tech/www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOcA0A8SASg

(Had to set the URL in code format because TMC converts it into a Youtube embed even though it doesn't point to YT. Creating a manual link doesn't work either. Weird).

If only you could click on a sentence in the summary to go play that specific part. I'll probably use it for most Youtube video shared on TMC now… starting with our friend GJ.

Last edited:
In The Economist for 23rd April is a special report that I took some time to absorb. On balance this is the first in-depth press perspective on the auto industry that places focus on the subjects we raise here every day. They discuss Tesla in various parts, favorably, while flatly stating that several Chinese companies are iterating more rapidly than Tesla; mostly credited because of faster, more frequent updates. My view is that these articles should be mandatory reading for TSLA investors. We need not agree with all of it but we cannot fail to understand that finally a traditional news source really understands:

Manchin trying to derail the IRA he helped write because it's actually helping EV sales

What do we expect from a Maserati-driving, houseboat-living, slag coal-selling, elected West Virginian?

It seems the $250 raise is a signal to the consumer that prices are no longer declining .

Part of me thinks Tesla is adjusting prices every week or two just to make the media constantly write articles advertising Tesla prices to the public.

Tesla doesn't need to advertise if they can easily manipulate the media to advertise for them. For free. On a regular basis. Around the world! :p

Manchin trying to derail the IRA he helped write because it's actually helping EV sales

I think it's more that the Made in America (or places with free-trade agreements) provisions have been watered down by the delay in issuing the rules, and the leasing workaround. Plus they went from an SUV classification with some semblance of relation to capability to the weaker EPA classification, which raised the MSRP limits on a bunch of vehicles.

It makes it a lot harder for him to sell the bill to his constituents when any clauses he helped to include are being dodged by the administration.

I think it's more that the Made in America (or places with free-trade agreements) provisions have been watered down by the delay in issuing the rules, and the leasing workaround. Plus they went from an SUV classification with some semblance of relation to capability to the weaker EPA classification, which raised the MSRP limits on a bunch of vehicles.

It makes it a lot harder for him to sell the bill to his constituents when any clauses he helped to include are being dodged by the administration.
He tried to make sure it wouldn't actually help EV adoption:
He repeated that theme in remarks to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce April 18, saying, "I never wanted to give the electric vehicles 75-cents' credit let alone $7,500."

At the end of the day, he is obligated to represent the people of WV. Manchin played a critical role in the writing and passing of the IRA. If he loses re-election, Democrats will find it even more difficult to get laws and budgets passed.

He tried to make sure it wouldn't actually help EV adoption:
He meant for the credit to be applied to future vehicles with more stringent mineral and battery sourcing requirements. He prioritizes domestic production over faster adoption.

True, but I think he's doing this to put on a show for the constituents he sold out. He had to know when he voted for it that he couldn't trust the integrity of this administration to work within the confines of the bill, and use it as a tool to stimulate American jobs and manufacturing. The article is pretty good-they are honest enough to refer to this as a "climate" bill and not pretend that ~$1 trillion in new spending will do anything to reduce inflation.

60 minute TSLA chart indicates stock price could leap up any day now
NVDA just broke out today
$compq poised to take off
i am not interested in selling any calls at this time
sp could break out as early as tomorrow or anyday
very hard to know exactly when, but very very likely to go up pretty significantly
just my personal interpretation and i could be 100% wrong
not financial advice

View attachment 933698
Pure blind luck!

He literally said he didn't want to give any money to EVs.

There's saying you don't want to give money to EVs, but there's also the reality of politics that you trade one thing for another. But if you trade and then you think the other side isn't playing fair on the bill, then there's a reason to be upset.

There's saying you don't want to give money to EVs, but there's also the reality of politics that you trade one thing for another. But if you trade and then you think the other side isn't playing fair on the bill, then there's a reason to be upset.
You are confusing honesty and politicians playing both sides of the fence to get re-elected.