Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S/X RHD cancellation letters went out, looks like Tesla will no longer be making RHD version of the car. Reservation holders will receive a 2k credit toward 3/Y.
I would be interesting to know why this was done, the language of the letter sent to Australian reservation holders just says "will not be available in RHD", which sounds permanent.

Perhaps the volume of RHD orders doesn't justify the complexity of supporting the cars in those markets?

Or perhaps there is only enough production capacity to satisfy the LHD market?

IMO the letter to customers cancelling their reservation should at least explain why the car is no longer available, any reason is better than no reason.

I would be interesting to know why this was done, the language of the letter sent to Australian reservation holders just says "will not be available in RHD", which sounds permanent.

Perhaps the volume of RHD orders doesn't justify the complexity of supporting the cars in those markets?

Or perhaps there is only enough production capacity to satisfy the LHD market?

IMO the letter to customers cancelling their reservation should at least explain why the car is no longer available, any reason is better than no reason.
Seems like they stop producing RHD S/X since end of 2020. Probably not worth switching production to RHD as total S/X sold in 7 years prior to end of shipment ended up being 35k cars sold.

A lot of people happy now, but I doubt what that will mean for Elon's focus on Tesla.
The new announced CEO will be 'crippled' from the very start because the CFO is also the owner.
There are still a lot of difficult issues there and no matter what rules are set, we are only human.

Imagine a board meeting: who do you think everybody will be looking at, when a difficult decision is on the table and every argument has been said?
A forced look at the CEO or more likely at the owner/CTO or .... down at the table.

I knew that Kirkhorn guy was smart

"Mr. Kirkhorn was frustrated by Mr. Musk’s high-profile dive into bitcoin—Tesla bought $1.5 billion worth in early 2021—and he was reluctant to hold the cryptocurrency on the company’s balance sheet, people familiar with the matter said. Tesla sold most of its bitcoin last year."
Fantastic that this is the case - at least their is one person at the top in charge of the coin that is switched on

S/X RHD cancellation letters went out, looks like Tesla will no longer be making RHD version of the car. Reservation holders will receive a 2k credit toward 3/Y.
Well at least this might be good for 3/Y performance models demand in RHD markets, as anyone that was holding out waiting for a new S/X will now look for the next best thing. Also good for resale values for older S/X models.

I see things as a progression of anti-EV assumptions and talking points being demolished.

• The OG Roadster demolished some talking points.
  • Model S demolished a lot of talking points.
  • Model X demolished a few more
  • Model 3/Y demolished a lot more.
  • Cybertruck will demolish some talking points that earlier cars couldn't
  • Semi will demolish a few more talking points.
  • Gen 3 cars will demolish a lot of price related talking points.
  • The next gen Roadster can demolish a few more talking points.
  • The Supercharger network demolishes a few more.
  • FSD will make ICE cars look archaic
On addition, other EV brands can chip in here and there,

By the time we get to this stage, I doubt that there are many talking points left standing, and some have had their negative assumptions corrected by real world EV experience.
At some point in the not too distant future EVs will be so common that no-one will bother listening to the gripes of EV complaints as there will be evidence driving past that EVs work for the majority of people.

Not never, but not for the foreseeable.
Rats.

Attachments

• F56D91F5-3ED3-450F-96C9-35E85E6F2596.jpeg
    F56D91F5-3ED3-450F-96C9-35E85E6F2596.jpeg
    438.7 KB · Views: 119
Not never, but not for the foreseeable.
Rats.
I take that as pretty much never. What a diss appointment. Mind you my 2017 s90d is still a great machine Might as well hang on to it with the lifetime free charging as well. Much as the Y is a great car I just think it would feel sub par to the S. BMW / Mercedes-Benz will do well locally out of this though insignificant to global now