Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take that as pretty much never. What a diss appointment. Mind you my 2017 s90d is still a great machine Might as well hang on to it with the lifetime free charging as well. Much as the Y is a great car I just think it would feel sub par to the S. BMW / Mercedes-Benz will do well locally out of this though insignificant to global now
I think you own an appreciating asset now!

Not sure what this means, but it seems important....

"Shanghai Economic and Information Commission: Promoting the layout of Tesla's FSD, robotics, and other functional sectors in Shanghai."

Text:

Shanghai Economic and Information Commission: Promote the layout of Tesla's autonomous driving, robots and other functional sectors in Shanghai

2023-05-12 18:26:12

On May 12, the "High-Quality Development Research Tour" media interview team came to Tesla's Shanghai Gigafactory to gain an in-depth understanding of Tesla's "Smart Manufacturing in China" capabilities.

Chen Kele, deputy director of the Intelligent Manufacturing Promotion Division of the Shanghai Economic and Information Commission, introduced that Tesla, as a leading company in new energy vehicles, has made positive contributions to Shanghai's construction of a world-class automobile industry center. One is to support the steady growth of Shanghai's industrial economy. In 2022, Tesla will produce 727,000 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 49.7%, with an output value of 183.9 billion yuan, accounting for 23% of the output value of the city's automobile manufacturing industry, driving an increase of 1.3 percentage points in industrial output value.

Chen Kele said that in the next stage, Shanghai will further deepen its cooperation with Tesla, promote the layout of functional sectors such as autonomous driving and robotics in Shanghai, and jointly build a technology industry cluster with core technological advantages and facing the global market. (The Paper reporter Wu Yuli)

Sounds like larger local supplier base to boost exports.

Well, the 7 a.m. Options Cowboys seem to like TSLA this morning:

Tesla Inc TSLA:NASDAQ​

RT Quote | Last NASDAQ LS, VOL From CTA | USD​
After Hours: Last | 7:06 AM EDT​
175.38 +3.30 (+1.92%)
Volume 632,712​

Edit to add TSLA Real-Time chart which goes live at 8 a.m. ET:

TSLA.2023-05-12.07-00.DOI.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
“BREAKING: Senator Tommy Tuberville has just sold millions in stock and options. He sold puts on $TXN, $KR, $HPQ, $PARA, $AMT, and sold 50k in puts on $TSLA, $CSCO and $MSFT And much more. He appears to using options while in Congress. Wild.”

Are you considering following his lead? Be aware that he is very much regarded as the dumbest person in the US Senate. Wouldn't be surprised if he is using inside trading because he is that stupid. Maybe the SEC can take a break from trying to figure out how to protect the financial industry from shorts and investigate some more crimes in Congress. Is Tommy Tuberville Our Dumbest U.S. Senator?

Are you considering following his lead? Be aware that he is very much regarded as the dumbest person in the US Senate. Wouldn't be surprised if he is using inside trading because he is that stupid. Maybe the SEC can take a break from trying to figure out how to protect the financial industry from shorts and investigate some more crimes in Congress. Is Tommy Tuberville Our Dumbest U.S. Senator?
No. I don’t do options.

Are you considering following his lead? Be aware that he is very much regarded as the dumbest person in the US Senate. Wouldn't be surprised if he is using inside trading

Meh. Not much of an insider: (the following is from Wikipedia)

Tuberville announced his committee assignments for the 118th Congress.

So not much access to Gov't inside info relevant to TSLA, with a slight possibility for the "Subcommittee on Rural Development and Energy". But given that he's a 1st-term Senator and he's already the "Ranking Member", I assume the other members are the Senate janitor and Ast. Mgr of the Cafeteria... :p

Cheers!

Last edited:

In this case he isn't one of those 'shorts'. He sold put options, which means he is a long. He expects/hopes the stocks, including TSLA, will go up. He can then buy the put options back for less than what he sold them for.

Scenario #2 is that the stocks go down. He will then have to buy the shares, but at a discount.

Not so dumb after all?

----

Edit: I don't blame you for misunderstanding his intentions. Options are complicated.

Last edited:
In this case he isn't one of those 'shorts'. He sold put options, which means he is a long. He expects/hopes the stocks, including TSLA, will go up. He can then buy the put options back for less than what he sold them for.

Scenario #2 is that the stocks go down. He will then have to buy the shares, but at a discount.

Not so dumb after all?

----

Edit: I don't blame you for misunderstanding his intentions. Options are complicated.
I'm not really interested about his actual trades, I just wanted to point out that of all the people to consider following for financial guidance this guy is an idiot. I truly mean he is stupid. So there may be inside information saying that Tesla is going to continue to do well. But that doesn't make him smart. Just a crook. And like @SO16 I don't do options. I've been long TSLA since 2013. That's been more than enough excitement for me. :)

Text:

Sounds like larger local supplier base to boost exports.
Along with (whisper it) some manufacturing efficiency knowledge transfer. Price of doing business in China. I very much admire Elon’s confidence in Tesla to be able to continually innovate to stay ahead of the competition even while being a semi open book. I respect China for knowing who to copy and am disappointed in the rest of the world for being too arrogant to do so.

“BREAKING: Senator Tommy Tuberville has just sold millions in stock and options. He sold puts on $TXN, $KR, $HPQ, $PARA, $AMT, and sold 50k in puts on $TSLA, $CSCO and $MSFT And much more. He appears to using options while in Congress. Wild.”

Not sure what's "wild" about it either--- congresscritters use options all the time... there was a Big Thing a while back about all the TSLA calls Nanci Pelosis family held, then later exercised, for example.