Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see things as a progression of anti-EV assumptions and talking points being demolished.

• The OG Roadster demolished some talking points.
  • Model S demolished a lot of talking points.
  • Model X demolished a few more
  • Model 3/Y demolished a lot more.
  • Cybertruck will demolish some talking points that earlier cars couldn't
  • Semi will demolish a few more talking points.
  • Gen 3 cars will demolish a lot of price related talking points.
  • The next gen Roadster can demolish a few more talking points.
  • The Supercharger network demolishes a few more.
  • FSD will make ICE cars look archaic
On addition, other EV brands can chip in here and there,

By the time we get to this stage, I doubt that there are many talking points left standing, and some have had their negative assumptions corrected by real world EV experience.
Part of me wonders if the comments are genuine since they are 100% negative. What's the probability of that?
Ya know how feedback on various sites give a verified purchase stamp? I think we're going to need that for humans pretty soon.
A simple filter On/Off is all I ask. BS World <--> Real World.

At 3:23 pm ET, you said:

isn’t this the moment the clever guys on this board writes something like “TSLA showing lots of strength today” or “omg lot of resistance today?” .. I want a breakout and fast.

...21 minutes later, your prayers were answered (new X/Twitter CEO hired).

ELON, IS THAT YOU?!

Cheers to the Longs! :D

CNBC evidently doesn't want to report this. My prediction... they will wait until their round-up of news just prior to the closing bell... so no viewers (the ones that don't know what the heck is going on anyway) will be able to organise purchases of TSLA before the bell.

EDIT never mind :p But their discomfort was tangible while they discussed it

Also published late on Youtube. Go phish! :p

Elon Musk announces he hired a new CEO for Twitter | CNBC Television (2 hrs ago)

Part of me wonders if the comments are genuine since they are 100% negative. What's the probability of that?
Ya know how feedback on various sites give a verified purchase stamp? I think we're going to need that for humans pretty soon.
A simple filter On/Off is all I ask. BS World <--> Real World.
Maybe 100% negative because AutoBlog has lost all credibility with anyone who owns an EV?

FYI, NKLA spiked at the same time. Did Elon find them a new CEO too?

True, but can we still call +$0.03 per share a "spike"? ;)

NKLA.2023-05-11.16-00.png

NKLA will doubtless soon be rolling back down that molehill... :p

Cheers!

Good article on Zach mostly making the argument he is the Tim Cook of Tesla. Paywalled.

I knew that Kirkhorn guy was smart

"Mr. Kirkhorn was frustrated by Mr. Musk’s high-profile dive into bitcoin—Tesla bought $1.5 billion worth in early 2021—and he was reluctant to hold the cryptocurrency on the company’s balance sheet, people familiar with the matter said. Tesla sold most of its bitcoin last year."

I see things as a progression of anti-EV assumptions and talking points being demolished.

• The OG Roadster demolished some talking points.
  • Model S demolished a lot of talking points.
  • Model X demolished a few more
  • Model 3/Y demolished a lot more.
  • Cybertruck will demolish some talking points that earlier cars couldn't
  • Semi will demolish a few more talking points.
  • Gen 3 cars will demolish a lot of price related talking points.
  • The next gen Roadster can demolish a few more talking points.
  • The Supercharger network demolishes a few more.
  • FSD will make ICE cars look archaic
On addition, other EV brands can chip in here and there,

By the time we get to this stage, I doubt that there are many talking points left standing, and some have had their negative assumptions corrected by real world EV experience.

Nice. Let the ICE be the “vehicle of the gaps” and keep shrinking and closing those gaps.
One more for the list. Megapack + RE destroys the “coal powered cars” talking point, as does the announcement of all superchargers being powered from renewables.
When FSD can drive itself to the charging station and be plugged in by Optimus and then pick you up for work next day, another talking point is destroyed. We’re in a weird place right now. A comment like that at a weekend BBQ and the crowd would write me off as a raving lunatic, and yet it’s realistic and practical. So much that was science fiction up to now is about to become real. Challenging time for CEOs, other than Musk who’s landed in his element. /rambling

Ha, nice pivot from let's buy advertising to, let's sell advertising.

...and in Tesla news:

First glimpse inside Project Highland Model 3 reveals Model S like round steering wheel | Drive Tesla Canada

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
S/X RHD cancellation letters went out, looks like Tesla will no longer be making RHD version of the car. Reservation holders will receive a 2k credit toward 3/Y.
:( At first I didn't believe you, but they've changed the UK website... all you get is a "feel free to look through our used cars with nothing newer than 2019" - at least you can buy a Raven

Even more weird-S/X will be sold in Japan, but only LHD, despite it being a RHD country

Japan allows both hand drive cars on the road. Not sure what the demand would be for LHD cars but Japan is a small market for Teslas anyways.