Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are these people really dumb enough to think they can challenge Tesla head on? Or are they simply trying to capitalize on using the tesla branding in their commercials?

These Bay Area OEM dealers must be getting crushed; the percentage of EV’s is going vertical and from what I can see the vast majority are teslas.

Just watched a local Nissan dealer commercial directly challenging Tesla…tried to post it here but it’s not allowed…anyhoo; you’re not missing anything low budget misinformed drivel as usual.

That's so lame, Reuters! Could you somehow make it 2 million vehicles recall? Maybe that would donthe trick? /s
I wonder how many cars give you any kind of warning when you hit the accelerator hard. I mean..the usual warning is you are accelerating. Are we really going to cater to stupid drivers with recalls and updates? Pretty soon we will have "you are hitting the accelerator, are you sure? Acknowledge this disclaimer to proceed " as people behind you honk.

I think you own an appreciating asset now!
Message from the uk Tesla sales guys is that there isn’t a decision specifically not to do a RHD version it’s just there is no defined timescale and they don’t want reservation holders hanging on for ever. Difficult to judge if this is real or just sales speak. Can but LHD version but no financing available

Assuming it's real, I think the largest part of the Twitter "overhang" is the risk of Twitter requiring more funding and forcing TSLA sales by Elon vs him being CEO.
Elon would not pass the CEO reigns of Twitter unless Twitter was already profitable or on a clear path to profitability. Elon has already done the hard work. So yes, the Twitter "overhang" should be removed from TSLA. Full stop.

Are these people really dumb enough to think they can challenge Tesla head on? Or are they simply trying to capitalize on using the tesla branding in their commercials?

These Bay Area OEM dealers must be getting crushed; the percentage of EV’s is going vertical and from what I can see the vast majority are teslas.

Just watched a local Nissan dealer commercial directly challenging Tesla…tried to post it here but it’s not allowed…anyhoo; you’re not missing anything low budget misinformed drivel as usual.

Is it permitted to sell a left hand drive new car in most RHD markets?

Have always see the odd opposite drive in various countries but they are older cars. In the US many Japanese hot (EVO, etc) cars from the 80-90's but I think they need to be 25 years old to import.

It is in the UK anyway, the new Model S and X LHDs are listed in inventory here.

"Hey Mikey! He Likes It!"​

Hey Market He Likes It 2023.png

Paging @unk45 Which of the "5 M's" is this?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Selling puts mean you are bullish...crazy for msft at all time highs but yeah sure.
........or perhaps it is a bundle of trades that don't all manifest for 'image management' reasons. For instance, MSFT is an intentional loss to give the image of Mr. Tubberville having less than 100% success. That would help avoid any future prosecution, and it could help set up a nice trap for other traders following these DC 'investors' while MSFT is at an all-time high. For example - he agrees to lose $100,000 on MSFT if the overall bundle of trades nets much more than that. That sets up a great Short for MSFT for those 'In The Know' while Retail Investors are blindly buying MSFT on Tubberville's trading news. Regardless @Singuy I agree it is very risky to follow these 'bundle' trades blindly. And it is horrible that these people sitting on both sides of the aisle are allowed to play in the Market like this at all.

Here is another link from Unusual Whales with a very interesting thread ('read the full conversation") discussing how this game is played:

Last edited:
Selling puts mean you are bullish...crazy for msft at all time highs but yeah sure.
Without knowing where this information is coming from, I think there are few cases where we ever have a full picture of what these people are doing and only get to see what needs to be disclosed. Any position could be part of a hedged strategy or straddles or strangles (I don't even know all the terminology) with risk offset by doing other things that don't need to be disclosed or who even knows.

I don't think these people often take positions will full risk exposure, same with focusing on disclosed short positions when we have no idea what long positions the party might have because only certain things need to be made public.

Reactions: saniflash
Message from the uk Tesla sales guys is that there isn’t a decision specifically not to do a RHD version it’s just there is no defined timescale and they don’t want reservation holders hanging on for ever. Difficult to judge if this is real or just sales speak. Can but LHD version but no financing available
My interpretation: The current S/X is about three years old now. It probably won’t be long anymore before the next refresh is here. Not worth the effort anymore to set up RHD production for the current version.

I knew that Kirkhorn guy was smart

"Mr. Kirkhorn was frustrated by Mr. Musk’s high-profile dive into bitcoin—Tesla bought $1.5 billion worth in early 2021—and he was reluctant to hold the cryptocurrency on the company’s balance sheet, people familiar with the matter said. Tesla sold most of its bitcoin last year."
Meh. Name the person familiar with the matter so there is some accountability and ability to confirm, or I’m going to have to assume it’s made up or in someway not the whole truth.

IMO the letter to customers cancelling their reservation should at least explain why the car is no longer available, any reason is better than no reason.
Why do you hold Tesla to a different standard than any other company?

No other company tells their potential customers or even past customers why an item is being discontinued. Indeed, I recently just had an order for an item I’ve bought regularly for a few years be cancelled without explanation other than - discontinued. Then there was a product last week I tried to reorder for my cats - discontinued, no reason. The list is endless.

A lot of people happy now, but I doubt what that will mean for Elon's focus on Tesla.
The new announced CEO will be 'crippled' from the very start because the CFO is also the owner.
There are still a lot of difficult issues there and no matter what rules are set, we are only human.

Imagine a board meeting: who do you think everybody will be looking at, when a difficult decision is on the table and every argument has been said?
A forced look at the CEO or more likely at the owner/CTO or .... down at the table.
Are you serious?

So you think Gwen Shotwell is ‘crippled’? Oh, right. Elon only owns a piece of SpaceX. 🙄

Can you give the new CEO a chance before deciding she’ll be useless?

...........and why TSLA in such a bundled trade? TSLA is currently trading in the 'Beast' of converging wedges - between the 2-year resistance and 5-year support as a result of the 'convenient' landing at its recent lows at the very end of 2022, after which it almost doubled in price - (why just talk about DC traders when we are witnessing larger set-ups on stocks like TSLA and others). Thus the spring can't be coiled much tighter than with the leverage of these Very Long Trendlines, and TSLA is poised for break-out before the wedge converges around $140ish in mid-July. A break to the upside is a quick trip to $211 and above IMO........and then off to Sparta-land. Its not very likely MSFT will be playing the same music. Nice pick, Mr. Tubberville! And a not-to-subtle recent reference to Sparta when reflecting on this chart Mr. Musk.

1683902198290.png

Last edited: