Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the signs allow general parking?
yes, to be fair you are correct there is 60 minute parking allowed for non-EV… But does that really change the situation.

Really, the problem is that there is parking available directly adjacent to this area… There’s really no reason to be blocking, charging stalls in a half empty parking lot.

Just confused is all.

Edit: my last response to this. Sorry to derail the convo mods. Happy to delete if not on topic.

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpeg
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    989 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Think it refers to this:

He posted it just prior to the sink. But I have no real idea of what he's referring to here either, except X.com may be closer than we think, especially with the new CEO soon coming in.
If I was working in the Financial Industry, I would be worried. Elon Musk has been working on this X idea of his since 1990.
Elon's first job when he moved from South Africa to Canada was as a summer intern for Scotiabank which turned into a year.
"One of Musk’s takeaways was that “bankers are rich and dumb,” he told Vance, and he kept that in mind when, in 1999, Musk launched his finance start up X.com. The site merged with Confinity in 2000 and became PayPal."

California has EV rebate up to $7.5k for very low income individual/family. I was able to convinced my in-laws to get a Y by showing them CA + Fed rebate of 15k.

Model Y standard 48k - 15k rebate = 33k for a freaking Y!
Model 3 now qualify 7.5 Fed rebate + low income CA rebate 7.5 = 15k.
$40-15 = $25k for a Model 3!!!!!!!

They were gonna get a $30k Corolla lolololol

Welp, glad I didn't sell any TSLA last week!

Raises hand.....but a Dog has to live ya know.....not so much cats.

After hodling last 4years, Super bummed I had to sell a bunch early last month to close on a house. Will have to rebuy in at the next dip. Missed out this epic run last 2 weeks. Such poor timing.

Is it possible to be "very low income" and also be able to use a $7500 tax credit?
Similar issues with people who claim you can get Teslas with $12k in rebates here in Oregon. The number of people who can qualify for some of the rebates are unlikely to qualify for all. Here in Oregon, the rebate money for 2023 ran out already so seems like you need to order your car earlier in the year every year too!

Hopefully I’ll get my Cybertruck early enough in 2024 to get the main $2,500 rebate, that would shave a solid $10k off the price.

California has EV rebate up to $7.5k for very low income individual/family. I was able to convinced my in-laws to get a Y by showing them CA + Fed rebate of 15k.

Model Y standard 48k - 15k rebate = 33k for a freaking Y!
Model 3 now qualify 7.5 Fed rebate + low income CA rebate 7.5 = 15k.
$40-15 = $25k for a Model 3!!!!!!!

They were gonna get a $30k Corolla lolololol

Acutally, the $7.5k fed tax credit is eligible on inventory vehicles too, so base model 3's are currently being offered for $37,830. $15k off of THAT is only $22,830. That is an absolutely insane value.

Ladies and Gents, (yes, Cats and Dogs too, @Krugerrand and @Unpilot) I think now is a perfect opportunity to spread the message of just how cheap Teslas have become, especially if you know anyone that lives in California and/or any other state with significant EV incentives!

1685752260259.png

Last edited:
Here's a take I hadn't heard before on how Tesla is getting $7500 to apply on the entire Model 3 line.

Recoil421996 Tyco R/C 11 points an hour ago*

There's no LFP production in North America, and they didn't magically co-onshore ~30GWh of LFP production overnight. These RWD packs are still CATL LFP from China.
They're likely slicing the incentives per-model, as the IRA allows:
Proposed § 1.30D–3(a)(3)(iv) would provide that a qualified manufacturer may determine qualifying critical mineral content based on the value of the applicable critical minerals actually contained in the battery of a specific vehicle. Alternatively, for purposes of calculating the qualifying critical mineral content for batteries in a group of vehicles, a qualified manufacturer could average the qualifying critical mineral content calculation over a limited period of time (for example, a year, quarter, or month) with respect to vehicles from the same model line, plant, class, or some combination of thereof, with final assembly (as defined in section 30D(d)(5) of the Code and proposed § 1.30D–2(b)) within North America. The Treasury Department and the IRS seek comment on whether to include any more specific conditions or limitations on this ability to average these calculations
What this means if that if Tesla has 60% LFP packs 100% from China, and 40% NMC packs 100% from North America, they can still establish the entire TM3 line as qualifying.

It's an interesting take, but I'd also like to take this opportunity to inform members here that that Redditor is a generally anti-Tesla moderator of /r/electricvehicles.
Ok, but it is still the only explanation I’ve heard that makes sense? Are there any other explanations? The fact that this is retroactive back to April and includes inventory cars does make it appear that it is an interpretation of the law rather than a model change.

Last edited:
US is all 2170 and 4680, love to see this (my speculation)

Yup. Except for the 18650s in Models S/X. And the LFP packs in the Model 3 Std Rge... and perhaps for 3LR also, given that the website was recently updated to show just $3,750 IRA tax credit for that LR Model going forward. ;)

EDIT: Apparently the IRA credit is in flux: (but is still most likely an LFP pack I think, because the update is retroactive to Apr 18, 2023 the date of the Treasury Dept draft rule release)

Sawyer Merritt on Twitter: "BREAKING: @Tesla says ALL new Model 3 vehicles in the US now qualify for the full $7,500 EV tax credit, meaning the Model 3 now starts at $32,740 (with incentives). In some states, you can get it for under $30k. Before, the RWD and Long Range versions only qualified for $3,750. https://t.co/6K3aW60vse" / Twitter​

FxpIRJkWwAELy1m

Cheers!​

Last edited: