Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1685894824904.png

So, now that Ford is in a charging partnership with Tesla, will every Ford recall be associated with Tesla somehow? /s

Article written by famous "Tesla Killer" Luc Olinga

Unlikely conspiracy theory of the day:

Elon is assembling a top Optimus team in secret by sending them out to further their understanding and build the necessary tools:
  • Karpathy
    • Spying at OpenAI so that he can bring the best of ChatGPT to X.AI which will power Optimus' high level functions (non real world AGI)
  • Chris Lattner
    • Currently a owner & CEO at Modular
    • Developing the Optimus software language Mojo that combines the best of Python and C++.
    • He is expecting other hardware (Dojo?) to compete with Nvidia (Cuda is exclusive to Nvidia)
  • Carmack
    • Currently owner of Keen Technologies
    • Left Oculus to setup a NN company. Could be used to lead an Optimus team or gaming or VR at X app
  • Jim Keller
    • CEO of Tenstorrent
    • Will return as a CEO - ready to develop multiple chips for Dojo, Optimus and FSD simultaneously with multiple big teams
I call them the power rangers:
View attachment 943801
The question is; do they know Elon has set them these quests?
You might be extrapolating a bit too much 😄

But thanks for pointing me towards Modular … didn’t know that existed. Looks like a solid AI tech company, only has a seed round so far (albeit a $30M one!). If anyone has an in to get into the series A let me know! It’s the best of those four as far as investment goes IMHO.

View attachment 943876

So, now that Ford is in a charging partnership with Tesla, will every Ford recall be associated with Tesla somehow? /s

Article written by famous "Tesla Killer" Luc Olinga
“In the event of battery monitor sensor housing damage, an electrical short may develop in the sensor’s printed circuit board. If this happens, a lack of fusing in the sensor power circuit may cause the surrounding materials to overheat."

Seriously?? They didn’t fuse something? Isn’t that rank incompetence? The fix is … to add a fuse. Yikes.

(meanwhile Tesla has moved beyond fuses to use active current monitoring circuitry for every power consumer, giving it faster and more accurate fault response, ability to self diagnose, and even self reset transient faults)

“In the event of battery monitor sensor housing damage, an electrical short may develop in the sensor’s printed circuit board. If this happens, a lack of fusing in the sensor power circuit may cause the surrounding materials to overheat."

Seriously?? They didn’t fuse something? Isn’t that rank incompetence? The fix is … to add a fuse. Yikes.

(meanwhile Tesla has moved beyond fuses to use active current monitoring circuitry for every power consumer, giving it faster and more accurate fault response, ability to self diagnose, and even self reset transient faults)
Legacy OEM engineering at its finest :)

Great, now these beasts in the future will be using Tesla superchargers who will get the blame when they go ablaze while charging because they didn't use a $2 fuse.
No. The article title refers to a gas car that catches fire…

But somehow the entire body of the article was discussing Tesla in a partnership! You just can’t make this stuff up.

Was the entire powerwall replaced, or just the pack in it?
Entire Powerwall was replaced. In fact, the engineer told me that, being an RMA, it is actually being replaced by a refurbished unit. I am envisioning a cycle where my questionable unit is sent to Tesla. They put it in a harness, pinpoint one or more bad or degrading cells, replace those with carefully matched cells, then send it to the next guy as his RMA refurbished unit. Minimal waste, aside from shipment. One day that shipment will be by Tesla Semis, one hopes, further reducing energy wasted.

Entire Powerwall was replaced. In fact, the engineer told me that, being an RMA, it is actually being replaced by a refurbished unit. I am envisioning a cycle where my questionable unit is sent to Tesla. They put it in a harness, pinpoint one or more bad or degrading cells, replace those with carefully matched cells, then send it to the next guy as his RMA refurbished unit. Minimal waste, aside from shipment. One day that shipment will be by Tesla Semis, one hopes, further reducing energy wasted.
Good deal. I had my Model S 85 pack replaced at just under 3/yrs 60K miles... also got a refurb pack, and suspect similar refurbishment process. Now at 10/yrs/~175K miles and the refurb is still going strong... I trust yours will as well...

Last edited:
Sounds like somebody didn't buy any TSLA and now wants to rain on the parade of those who did.

I know the cat "guy" will be all broken up over this, and Dodger may just kick back on the Chesterfield while contemplating how insignificant some people can work so hard to become.
i have a feeling cat "guy" is actually "cat woman "

1685922666820.png

In my opinion it would just turn people off FSD. The latest version is a complete train wreck. We can’t even use basic TACC anymore as every suggested curve speed is read as a speed limit so wether it’s a 80 kmh, 60 kmh or 40 kmh curve that’s the new speed the cruise or FSD sets at. Plus every right turn lane onn the highway or in the city is considered the right lane and it darts into it…and then out of it. It’s going backwards fast now.