Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sawyer does exaggerate. But the savings are real for a large class of people. In California alone,
there are extra local utility rebates for charging equipment, the "cash for clunkers" program to
retire old cars for an extra $1.5K, and certain CA zip codes are considered "disadvantaged areas"
for extra credit, to balance out things for the sake of climate justice impact.
I just wish instead of talking up the edge cases with strict income qualifiers he just talked up the price which most people will pay because that is pretty awesome. List the crazy income gated stuff in a separate post.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
He’s a smart guy. I can’t believe he fell for this and Volvo’s assessment.

Many more big brained people with more time, energy, and money spent on real information on that link above.

Missed a chance to put Tesla in the title as that footage of it burning is from a white Model Y parked next to it.
Or:

Elon Musk, Tesla CEO's who touts their FSD, or as insiders call it, "Fire Suppression Distributor", failed to put out a Fire putting many innocent civilians lives in mortal danger.....

click here for fully story...

(Disclaimer - this article was sponsored by The American Petroleum Institute)

Last edited:
Last edited:
notice the round steering wheel..
if Tesla's professional driver won't use a yoke, enough said
Did your also notice that his hands didn't move from the 9&3 positions in the wheel?

Really? How about their previous Plaid run? All I saw was a yoke.

So, can we leave it up to the end user preference?
Probably because the wheel is standard now, and it wasn't then.

Yea, a buddy of mine sent me this…I had to spend time telling him the various reasons why IMO it is FUD.

I also told him it also seemed somewhat familiar with the latest Toyota talking points.
Mr. Bean was referencing a 2021 Volvo report https://www.volvocars.com/images/v/...com/pdf/c40/volvo-c40-recharge-lca-report.pdf that was debunked by a CleanTechnica report last year Unpacking The "Electric Cars Aren't As Green As You Think" Claims - CleanTechnica.

I looked at the report and it was obviously slanted against EVs.

A few points:
  • The report used a relatively "dirty" global number for the source of electricity generation and did not model for a progressively cleaner electricity grid over time.
  • They assumed all aluminum used was raw and not from recycled sources, therefore higher carbon footprint for EVs which use higher amounts of aluminum.
  • Assumes very inefficient electricity use, 241 Wh/km, stating that's what the Volvo XC 40 gets. That's 388 Wh/mi and ludicrously high compared to Tesla.
  • Assumes there is no carbon footprint benefit from recycling the vehicle at end of life, especially the battery, but weirdly counted the CO2 cost of trucking the lithium battery "1500 km" to a recycling facility.
While Tesla admits there is a higher carbon footprint to make a Tesla compared to an ICE - their impact statement states a Tesla owner will have to drive 2 years before their total emissions are less than an ICE - that is much less than the 9 years mentioned in the Volvo study.

I am overall glad to see Tesla going up. But I don’t quite understand why at the moment. Aren’t we expecting low margins from all the price cuts and at most deliveries in line with estimates? Is it all the AI hype? I’m still not convinced FSD will ever be a viable replacement for a human driver. I agree it is getting better but I’m not sure it will far exceed safety of a human driver. I do have a lot of shares so I will be ecstatic if it does work eventually. Why don’t I sell you ask? Because of the taxes and because I don’t want to miss out if Elon somehow pulls it all off. Perhaps being bombarded by a year of constant negativity has given me a more pessimistic attitude. I look at the new inventory and price cuts and I don’t see a reason to be bullish in the short term. But I’ve been wrong before many times.

I am overall glad to see Tesla going up. But I don’t quite understand why at the moment. Aren’t we expecting low margins from all the price cuts and at most deliveries in line with estimates? Is it all the AI hype? I’m still not convinced FSD will ever be a viable replacement for a human driver. I agree it is getting better but I’m not sure it will far exceed safety of a human driver. I do have a lot of shares so I will be ecstatic if it does work eventually. Why don’t I sell you ask? Because of the taxes and because I don’t want to miss out if Elon somehow pulls it all off. Perhaps being bombarded by a year of constant negativity has given me a more pessimistic attitude. I look at the new inventory and price cuts and I don’t see a reason to be bullish in the short term. But I’ve been wrong before many times.
See @Papafox latest post here for some ideas: Papafox's Daily TSLA Trading Charts