Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's such a cheap tactic to try and say "Ooooh don't get excited we'll still raise 2 more times" when we all know they're full of it. The next 2-3 CPI prints are going to come in very good. We all know it. Wall St knows it. Fed will have no legs to stand on to hike rates again.

The macro's are going to sell off on this...not because Wall St actually believes that nonsense Powell is saying, but because they want an excuse to ride the market down for a good 5-8% drop, claim the market was just correcting, and then ride it back up to these levels and higher in a matter of weeks.

It's all like clockwork at this point.
They had to throw a curve ball….

Officials paused in June but signal a willingness to raise rates again to tame inflation.

I am not buying them saying more rate hikes. Inflation at 4%..
Rates at 5-5.25%...
Darth Powell just trying to look tough
Wall Street is stupid, of course Fed would be willing to raise rates again to tame inflation. Did Wall Street thing the Fed would say "We have decided we will never use raising of interest rates to tame inflation ever again."

A "crooked dirtball" perhaps?
Actually a more accurate thing to say is -

The Fed is a pitcher that likes to throw curveballs but doesn't have the arm strength to get the ball to home plate....and the batter (Wall St) knows it.

But it doesn't matter because the pitcher and batter in this case are all chummy happy bro's and the crowd (retail investors) are forced to bet on the outcomes.

Actually a more accurate thing to say is -

The Fed is a pitcher that likes to throw curveballs but doesn't have the arm strength to get the ball to home plate....and the batter (Wall St) knows it.

But it doesn't matter because the pitcher and batter in this case are all chummy happy bro's and the crowd (retail investors) are forced to bet on the outcomes.

That's why I never really got into Baseball. It is so complex. :rolleyes:

There is one important metric on which Tesla is far and away leading Lucid, and that is manufacturability. The Tesla drivetrain may not technically be as advanced as Lucid's, but it's easier to make at high volumes, and that is much more important to Tesla than the other metrics.

If Lucid was making 2 million cars per year, then they'd have something. I mean seriously, for the price a Lucid costs it better dang well be the best performing powertrain out there!
No air suspension in Lucid, which is de facto in luxury segment, and actually important in a BEV car. I test drove a lucid, it was clear that air suspension was needed, pun intended.

I don’t actually give a crp… 14 days… But let’s make it happen anyway
I'd rather have the stock be down slightly today and for the rest of the week. In fact I wouldn't mind the stock doing nothing for the next 2 weeks for consolidation and overbought conditions to ease.

It's been a great run but the more it goes up constantly, the higher the chance that there's some big down days. Healthy consolidation gets us back to 300's and even 400's in a more healthy way. And a more sustainable way. If TSLA keeps moving higher, we'll need a blowout earnings to really push even higher in the short term (a la Nvidia run up and then move post blowout earnings)

I'd rather have the stock be down slightly today and for the rest of the week. In fact I wouldn't mind the stock doing nothing for the next 2 weeks for consolidation and overbought conditions to ease.

It's been a great run but the more it goes up constantly, the higher the chance that there's some big down days. Healthy consolidation gets us back to 300's and even 400's in a more healthy way. And a more sustainable way. If TSLA keeps moving higher, we'll need a blowout earnings to really push even higher in the short term (a la Nvidia run up and then move post blowout earnings)
I'm not smart enough to understand all of your post.
I did see a 400 in it.
That seems nice to me.

💯 I agree with every word

Reactions: FSDtester#1
One thing I picked up (from the recent Spaces) is that he spoke to Bill Gates regarding Elon. Not sure if Isaacson helped him with his change of mind but Gates is now in awe of Elon's engineering and admits he was wrong regarding semi range etc. Unclear whether he has closed his short position.

Gates is friends with Buffett. We know Buffett / Munger have warmed to Tesla and Elon recently so maybe this is another step towards BKG making an investment.
Plot twist; Gates is now VP at Tesla responsible for negotiating FSD regulatory approval in China:

So @Gigapress, were you competing with the 14 year-old who just got an engineering job at SpaceX? I really find it hard to believe you didn't get past the first round!

You're definitely one of our Supermen! Glad to see you posting again!
The opening was only somewhat adjacent to my work experience and I probably only got to the interview in the first place because of a referral from a certain other Seattle-area TMCer who is now working on Starlink engineering instead of posting here.