Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You must have missed the part about the Tesla Charging Network being spun off to existing shareholders, not "sold off" to others who don't have the steadfast commitment to service and quality that anything-Tesla possesses. My idea (and it's just an idea) would involve the continued management of the system, as is. It would just be a separate entity within the Tesla umbrella. Honestly, I know you've been around a long time, like myself, but I'm surprised that you did not recognize that I did not, in any way, suggest that the charging network be sold off for a profit and wash our hands of it. Yes, that would be a "terrible idea". Spinning off ownership to shareholders and installing excellent Tesla executives to run the new Company is a vastly different story. Perhaps you are just responding to the cherry-picked sentence JRP3 quoted above. At any rate, I hope I've answered you question.
Supercharger Network may eventually have to be spun off ... as other vehicle manufacturers may make future claims of Tesla giving preferential treatment to its own vehicles ... at the rate others are producing EVs this is still a long way off..🥱
to be clear i don't want SCN spun off

Reactions: gene and GOVA
@Hock1

Esteemed colleague,
with _all_ _due_ _respect_ to your _well_ thought out plan

I fail to see the _rationale_ or even reason, of selling off the absolute best charging network extant,
that keeps the vehicles from becoming expensive lawn ornaments or compliance city cars,
to become subject to whims of various rapacious owners bent on (gutting) profits.
(or even, (shudder) EA

I'm thinking Martin Shrikelli and Epipens as an object lesson of "wyoming knot" (why not) for one

Remember the mission or a variant explanation thereof

Humans multiplanetary
electrify transportation (and manufacture the energy to do so by not using extractables fossils)

Please give _cogent_ reasons that make a modicum of sense and refute my contention

thank you.
Indeed, don't all issues of such high esteem deserve their own special thread somewhere, so we can enjoy them somewhere FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS THREAD??
Subsequent replies, it might be argued, would belong there.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
Sure....if macro holds together. I think there's going to a lot of chop and "fake crashes" over the 2nd half of 2023. If you have LEAPS with the intent on exercising them, then yeah not much to do right now other than watch the ticker.

But if you bought LEAPS as a leverage to increase your gains, the premium you're getting here after the non-stop run up (in the macro's as well) is a good time to swap to safer LEAPS or just stock.
If I was buying an index I might be interested in macro (not really).

I think one needs to identify why the stock is acting the way it is to determine if this trend will continue. If you think it's merely a momentum play then take profits. Sales growth ... take profits. Macro bet ... take profits. Undervalued AI play ... stick around. "I don't care" (Elon crushing his detractors) moment ... stick around. For me, it's the same reason I go to the strip club ... I like the music.

Even with this clarification, it is a stretch to see any advantage to spinning it off. Currently, the SC network is purposefully running at low profits, as this helps with the mission, and it may or may not even be fully funding all of its own expansion.

Granted, I like the idea of getting more solar and batteries involved in offsetting fossil fuel energy generation. But, that is going to happen anyway and it will be happening within Tesla's Energy operations. The Energy side likely would never be spun off along with the charging network as you have offered, would it?

If you envision some aspect of the idea of a spin-off that would be significantly advantageous for stockholders, over simply leaving things as they are, please elaborate upon that.
Even with this clarification, it is a stretch to see any advantage to spinning it off. Currently, the SC network is purposefully running at low profits, as this helps with the mission, and it may or may not even be fully funding all of its own expansion.

Granted, I like the idea of getting more solar and batteries involved in offsetting fossil fuel energy generation. But, that is going to happen anyway and it will be happening within Tesla's Energy operations. The Energy side likely would never be spun off along with the charging network as you have offered, would it?

If you envision some aspect of the idea of a spin-off that would be significantly advantageous for stockholders, over simply leaving things as they are, please elaborate upon that.
NO I'm not
You are selling it off/spinning it off, for no reason other than to sell/spin it off and allow MORE manipulation .
(and yeah, i've been in the markets over 40 years and have seen a few shenninagans)

(a guy in our investment club, last time we saw him had nekkid shorted AAPL, holding overnight and it popped UP)(before most of the splits)

As many of us are acutely aware, there is the real problem of virtual shares, hypothecated and rehypothicated endlessly due the 15 times cursed "Madoff rule exception" that allows shorts and MM's etc etc to persue their rapacity of extraction and what the share price should be without those shenannigans

Your "idea" allows an additional venue for that blatant manipulation

I think it should be the opposite

shrink the market, restrict TSLA trading to many fewer times per month, or year,
deliver the actual shares prior to trades, none of these "virtual shares"

clean the house of the ghod forsaken shorts, deliver the hypothecated shares
OK. Just 57 for me. I quit.

We never got the golden cross on 9/9/22 so that tweet is wrong. If you go back and look on page 190 of Papafox Daily trading charts thread (❤️❤️❤️❤️) you can see we almost got it but never happened. Per the post 3793: "If you look at the 50 day and 200 day moving averages (blue and red lines) they are paralleling each other just a little over a dollar apart. We'll save the golden cross for another day."

This thread is about Tesla and TSLA. All posts directed toward news outlets will be strictly confined to affirming or refuting specific articles, headlines and topics.

There has developed a slow drip of posts asserting that there is something akin to a conspiracy of Fake News! that is at once repugnant, unseemly, off-topic and at a very long stretch, barely holding a modicum of truth. And as all know, there are one or two sites on the internet where such concepts can fester. This is not one of them.

All Moderators are directed to treat any more such posts with the opprobrium they deserve.
Might I humbly beseech you to graciously expound upon the intricacies and nuances inherent in the words you have chosen to express, such that I may acquire a more comprehensive comprehension of the underlying essence and intended meaning encapsulated within your communication?

apologies to all whom I have disoriented with my mild passions, I shall cease for the nonce

Attachments

• 1687289952862.png
    1687289952862.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 132
My portfolio's unrealized gains are increasing at a ridiculous rate. I'll take it, and I'm very happy, but a part of me feels like my net worth isn't correlative to personal input of effort/value...
🤔

This money concept is rigged... I guess I'm getting rewarded for awareness/research, ignoring FUD, patience, and time in the market. Anyone else feel strange about it? That said, everyone I know admits they should have invested in TSLA long ago... But they still don't...

HODL, cheers to the Longs!

today is the day where market 100% accepts TSLA status as a super stock and for me is the day to finally top off my TSLA position and no more trading or selling covered calls. no more buying TSLA either.
just buy and hold and let the magic of compounding work its charm
by 2027, $2000 to $2500+ is very likely
$1600+ could easily happen by 2025
my personal opinion, will definitely be proven wrong (both to downside as well as upside and timeframe)
not trading or investing or financial advice

It's been a long wait, but my TSLA holdings are positive again! Started buying in a little over 2 years ago, unfortunately went in heavily when prices dropped significantly from ATH...and didn't have enough dry powder to average down last winter. Oh well, HODL for the long haul. Time for a drink to celebrate.
My $420.69 commemorative share will be able to celebrate soon enough.

Might I humbly beseech you to graciously expound upon the intricacies and nuances inherent in the words you have chosen to express, such that I may acquire a more comprehensive comprehension of the underlying essence and intended meaning encapsulated within your communication?

@AudubonB never missed an issue of the Reader's Digest "Increase Your Word Power" page. 🤓

That was a nice way to end the day.

For those not keeping score, we are 153.9% up since January 3.
As I recall, one of our favorite short-sellers was feeling the Q thesis had been validated at that point, and was going all-in shorting TSLA.

Time for a wellness check?