Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember he thinks fsd will come out of beta this year so no hands is a solid step in that direction.
The march of nines is about safety probabilities IMO. It would be irrational to loosen safety practices until FSD is many 9s into proving human supervision is a liability.

I expect to have a “hands” nag and “attentive“ nag right to the end. Is it annoying, sure, but so is an at fault accident as I see it.

Well, it's not really "no touch" that's being suggested, it's "no nag". It's still possible that the system will still confirm you to have your hands on the wheel via camera, as the Tweet mentions.

The camera can't actually see the wheel so that wouldn't make much sense.... the only tweet I saw linked didn't mention the camera, was there another that the bird app isn't showing me for some reason?

Anyway green has a whole thread about what the camera actually can and can't see (including video clips and specifically calling out its inability to see the wheel) here:

You can now verify this yourself by turning on sentry and viewing the interior cam in the app as well

"The steering wheel is actually making things more dangerous at this point" Post 420786.

I wish to agree. When my car enters a complicated driving situation, I have to take my eyes off the road to check for the nag warning then I have do the steering wheel tug, which sometimes fails. It would be safer to let me keep my eyes and thoughts on the road.

The camera can't actually see the wheel so that wouldn't make much sense.... the only tweet I saw linked didn't mention the camera, was there another that the bird app isn't showing me for some reason?

Yup, the thread Elon responded to:

1689341839546.png

Reactions: SOULPEDL
Leave @TrendTrader007 alone. He can post in the investment thread if he wants. There's a lot worse posters than him. I was glad to see him come back. He was a super bull before the 2020 breakout, and we all know how that went.
thanks electroman
you can always find me on twitter. thanks everybody. have a profitable rest of 2023
Goodluck with ER next week
Charts look fabulous especially TSLA
IMG_3295.png

Yup, the thread Elon responded to:

View attachment 956154

Ah, that's not Elon mentioning the camera though

Instead it's another guy suggesting camera is sufficient for safety in general, NOT to check hands on wheel (which it can't do).... so he must mean sufficient to see driver attention/eyes.... though it's really not sufficient for that EITHER except in cases where driver isn't wearing sunglasses and it isn't dark....at least on the first few years of cabin cameras.... IIRC newer cams are a bit better in low light (but still have no solution for sunglasses)

The other complexity here is there's years of S/X production with no interior camera but can still have bought FSD.

Reactions: kbM3 and aronth5
India carries lower geopolitical risk, but much higher general internal risks, due to internal political volatility. Many manufacturers have had to walk away from ambitious developments in India due to corruption, sabotage and terrorism
Huh?

Corruption - yes
Bureaucracy - yes
Poor supply chain - yes
Heavy red tape - yes.
Political volatility - possibly yes, but that is a vibrant democracy for you
Anti capitalistic - possibly yes.

But terrorism? Sabotage? Huh? making up stories?

In the words of Gojo.."Tesla Q o Q has lost significant market share and we are selling ahead of earnings"
Yeah going from 80% to 60% in one quarter makes no sense so I thought something was up with the data.

Good to see it actually ticking upwards. Holding a majority share of EV's with essentially 2 cars is quite amazing. Every other OEM would love to be Tesla. It looks like after the supply constraints of Covid are ending their challenges for EV's are growing especially for Ford and GM.

Reactions: madodel
Yeah going from 80% to 60% in one quarter makes no sense so I thought something was up with the data.

Good to see it actually ticking upwards. Holding a majority share of EV's with essentially 2 cars is quite amazing. Every other OEM would love to be Tesla. It looks like after the supply constraints of Covid are ending their challenges for EV's are growing especially for Ford and GM.
Tesla could gain 1% q o q in market share and that clown would still say the competition is coming, demand falling off a cliff, BYD, Mercedes eating Tesla for lunch yada, yada. I agree holding a majority share of EV's with 2 cars is unprecedented, imagine what the vaporware model 2 will do, let alone the other vaporware CT :)

"The steering wheel is actually making things more dangerous at this point" Post 420786.

I wish to agree. When my car enters a complicated driving situation, I have to take my eyes off the road to check for the nag warning then I have do the steering wheel tug, which sometimes fails. It would be safer to let me keep my eyes and thoughts on the road.

A tip that really really helped me: You don't have to turn the wheel for the car to know you're paying attention. You can just adjust the scroll wheels slightly. Tick the volume up a notch and back down on the left scroll wheel is my most common strategy. It is much more certain than trying to tug on the steering wheel just the right amount. I think it probably also works to do it "preemptively" -- so hit that volume wheel just before the tricky section of road, and the car will know you're there.

A V4 with a card reader and screen seen in the UK at the festival of speed at Goodwood.

I can barely make out the screen behind the charging plug but if this is legit it would solve the problem of markets demanding alternative payments and pricing information.

IMG_6171.jpeg

Last edited:
Above all else Japanese domestic cars are Narrow. Since proof-of-parking law requires proof of a parking space the dimensions become crucial, not only to notoriously narrow residential area street, but also because parking spaces are very narrow too. That makes nearly all European and North American vehicles huge barges that are possible but very difficult. Larger cars exist but are ones, like taxi or executive chauffeur driven so have specialized parking arrangements. Obviously similar situations are not uncommon in older cities around the world, as are access restrictions on polluters and other giants. Even where BEV are permitted the giant Tesla's have problems. Idiot me, driving a Model X in Italian city centers. Never again, I want narrow, preferably short, as do others driving in old cities nearly everywhere.
My previous condo parking:

Attachments

• 5ury2aty.jpg
    5ury2aty.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 135
I know the bird is mostly verboten, but in case you don't follow it the latest system they implemented to pay creators has really allayed my fears that Papa might need to sell more to bail it out. Basically there is sizable revenue sharing for accounts with lot of views. Good news for TSLA holders IMO.
Intuitively, it doesn't seem like there could be that many other brands of EV's that anyone would want to buy that many of to make up the other 31% or 40% of EV's, and it seems like Tesla's % would actually be a lot higher.

Also I wonder what Tesla's percent is in dollars?
I think there are enough people who really want "something different" or are hyper brand loyal that pick up these oddball EVs. Hard to imagine that most will be repeat buyers though.

Last edited:
Interesting. The tweet asks if the statement that a CT has "enough power to charge a Tesla" implied bidirectional capability on the CT.

While that could be, we also know the CT will have power outlets, so it could simply be that.
That will still work... at the lake... recharging my eBoat. Slow, but something, maybe more.

OT - Has ANYONE talked about chargers at lakes? Boats don't mess around. They push the carbon and heat directly into the water and without catalytic converters, not some passive process with gas cars. It's 96F water temp in the Florida Keys. What?