Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How certain are we that the FSD partner isnt apple?
This would be so far away from Apple has operated for such a long time, I could never see this happening. If/when Apple ever does produce a car, they will outsource the production but they will tightly control the design and all software aspects. That's how they operate and that is their difference maker. Anything else would make zero sense for them.

Reactions: MC3OZ and UncaNed
This would be so far away from Apple has operated for such a long time, I could never see this happening. If/when Apple ever does produce a car, they will outsource the production but they will tightly control the design and all software aspects. That's how they operate and that is their difference maker. Anything else would make zero sense for them.

Besides, the statement was that these FSD talks were with an automotive OEM, which Apple isn't.

...so the question becomes why doesn’t tesla also become a giant utility itself?
They already are and have been for some time. The EU, UK, Texas and more coming.
There is significant discussion about that including actual customer experiences.
Someone will link a few of them soon, I'm sure. I haven't time to do it now.

Tom Nash gets it.

Here, he provides some show and tell to educate the analysts on Wall Street.

Then, Tom goes on to hit the key aspects of how Tesla compares to other companies.

A great video to share with folks who haven't grasped what Tesla is doing and how it poises them for future growth.
I've never watched Tom before, so thank you for sharing and I'm going to do the same with everyone I know. After being on here for 11 years, the manipulation is finally starting to wear on me. It's.so.****ing.tiring. sigh.

Yeah, shame it's ours :oops:

I thought earnings were much better than expected, shame about the Debbie-downer call, but better sand-bagging than hyping IMO
Or someone wants to buy in at a lower entry point of TSLA before the licensing. announcement of FSD... I suggest every weekday at 10 am and Mondays and Fridays.

Given Elon said "major automaker" we are 100% certain it's not Apple since they they currently make 0 cars.

That said- Tesla told us in 2017 they were in "negotiations" to open the supercharger network, something that would be vastly simpler than the FSD thing, and nothing came of that for another 6 years, so not sure this FSD licensing thing is going to be pertinent anytime soon either.
This would involve getting Tesla's hardware into the other maker's vehicles eh along with figuring out the exact implementation (driver monitoring, feedback, etc), probably a long lead time on that even if the ball was already rolling.

I highly doubt OEMs would be interested in putting Autosteer on City Streets in consumer's hands, to me it's more likely this "FSD Licensing" would be Autopilot and/or safety features. Basically doing what companies like Mobileye have been doing for a long time.

There are other potentially interesting questions here, like whether it would mean the OEM cars will be set up for OTA updates and such

Just like the auto bailouts, the major OEM's are going to have someone else (i.e. Tesla) do all the heavy lifting and bail them out (i.e. with licensed software, hardware, and batteries). 😂
Pretty sure most companies are already using other suppliers for their advanced cruise control systems etc. Mercedes' Drive Pilot Level 3 system is actually an implementation of NVIDIA's Drive Orin. I believe GM is using Mobileye, Ford might also be using Mobileye, pretty sure Hyundai group is using Mobileye.

Tesla also used Mobileye back in the day for AP1 vehicles before their partnership was severed

Tom Nash gets it.

Here, he provides some show and tell to educate the analysts on Wall Street.

Then, Tom goes on to hit the key aspects of how Tesla compares to other companies.

A great video to share with folks who haven't grasped what Tesla is doing and how it poises them for future growth.
Good video, it all sounds credible; I feel even happier now about gradually buying this dip.
Yeah, shame it's ours :oops:

I thought earnings were much better than expected, shame about the Debbie-downer call, but better sand-bagging than hyping IMO
Ah, it'll grow back soon enough and then all will be forgotten.

The numbers were acceptable. The CC, not so much.

I'm not surprised by this reaction, yes it's an overreaction but then again this is TSLA, so par for the course.

I expect the reaction to be short lived but I also see us stuck around $280 give or take $10.

Need to see Cybertruck deliveries before we get some much needed momentum for this stock.

Cheers to the longs.

I think Elon's constant referral to the yet unobtainable FSD robotaxi fantasy hurts the stock among investors (not among fans, but investors).
It hurts his credibility on other corporate value related issues such as cybertruck shipment outlook, new cost reduced improved performance batteries and the important corporate culture of ongoing overall business cost reductions. This makes Wall Street dismiss entirely the more medium term possible (my take) use of humanoid bots to reduce factory cost (3D limited actions) to improve 24/7 throughput in the next couple years.

The numbers were acceptable. The CC, not so much.
I agree. The call is limited to one hour to share info with shareholders. We could have had updates regarding solar, solar roof, cybertruck design update (that was going to happen 2.5 years ago), more detail of factory upgrades, Mexico progress update, more details of supercharger growth and plans, upcoming hvac products, insurance updates, autobidder / virtual power plant updates

Instead, Elon used a bunch of time to, again, tell everyone how great autonomy is going to be. I think it will be life changing, but many people are tired of hearing about this unfinished product while time is taken away from other products and teams.

Logically, the main impact to stock price would be the news that factories will be stopped for part of q3 and Tesla not giving any more detail than that on estimated impact to production numbers.

I think Elon's constant referral to the yet unobtainable FSD robotaxi fantasy hurts the stock among investors (not among fans, but investors).
It hurts his credibility on other corporate value related issues such as cybertruck shipment outlook, new cost reduced improved performance batteries and the important corporate culture of ongoing overall business cost reductions. This makes Wall Street dismiss entirely the more medium term possible (my take) use of humanoid bots to reduce factory cost (3D limited actions) to improve 24/7 throughput in the next couple years.
Remember a compelling EV was a fantasy to many 10 years ago, now it is the assumed future. This is what makes investing in Tesla/Elon so controversial. Some see the vision and others just don't get it.