Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
84 month financing now avail with Tesla. Should help with the higher interest rate and higher payment issue for some
Dont worry, everything is fine. I couldn't imagine carrying a 7yr loan on a car, especially when most cars only have 4-5yr warranties. Couple that with the high likelihood that the loan is also coming with low or no down payment and what could possibly go wrong.

I see again the reference to the length. (This time that it will fit in a 20 foot garage). But has anyone actually got real measurements yet? (Our garage is bang on 19 feet).

You could do what us Brits do and use the garage (if we're lucky enough to own one) for junk storage and park the car on the driveway.

While I think Tesla will eventually figure this out, I do wonder if the juice will be worth the squeeze, ultimately. Still, they look to be planning for battery production in Berlin and, presumably, if they thought they could just get M3P cells or whatever cheaper from CATL they would just do that. Sooooo....

CapEx is already lower by a lot as is footprint. As long as yeild is comparable, in-house is a win.

Q3 2022 Earnings call:
Tesla (TSLA) Q3 2022 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool
Elon Musk -- Chief Executive Officer and Product Architect
Yeah. And I think, once we are fully integrated, I think we still do see a path to hold roughly $70 kilowatt hour cell -- $70 per kilowatt hour cell before any incentive.

Drew Baglino -- Senior Vice President, Powertrain and Energy Engineering
Before incentive.

Elon Musk -- Chief Executive Officer and Product Architect
Before incentive. Yeah.

CapEx is already lower by a lot as is footprint. As long as yeild is comparable, in-house is a win.

Q3 2022 Earnings call:
Nevermind the fact that with the IRA credits, it's 100% worth it even with major growing pains on ramping production. When Tesla is cranking out hundreds of thousands of battery packs and 10's of million of cells of 4680, the impact from the IRA will show up in earnings in a huge way.

Initial length was 22 feet now 19 feet, which I'm sure helps for alot of people figuring out the details of owning.
At least based on the specs displayed during the first cybertruck announcement, initial targeted length was 231.7 inches = 19.3 feet = 19 feet 3.7 inches. The new statement of "under 19 feet long" doesn't seem to be a huge change in dimensions, just an important one for those wanting to park in a 19-20 foot garage.

1689970728746.png

jul21chartpre.jpg

Looks like we had 28 million shares trade during the Friday closing cross, which should take care of the NASDAQ 100 rebalancing. The question for me is whether the dip going into close was adjusting the price to get sellers and buyers to better match or whether it was just a hedge fund manipulation to maximize the profits they make as they close their short positions by buying excess TSLA shares from the NAS 100 index funds during the closing cross. I suspect that with the dip beginning around 3pm it was a manipulation plus general fear vs. what was actually needed to match buyers and sellers during the CC.

Next, let's see if the market makers keep the price rock solid in after hours trading to solidify the price for the index fund TSLA shares disposal.

Sorry, moderators, if this is deemed too political. But it could directly affect the demand for EVs, and may have an impact on the share prices for EV makers including Tesla. I'll understand if you choose to move or delete the post.

Politico - Thursday evening:
Trump vows to undo Biden’s electric vehicle policies
Curt, you place no political spin on this information and so I believe it's just information we investors need to anticipate the future as we see how the political landscape develops. The positive for investors is that if it looks like Trump has a real chance of winning as we get farther into this race, we would see an incentive for buyers to take advantage of IRA breaks prior to any new rules being created. An act of Congress might be required to undo any legislation already passed, and that act would require Senate and Congressional approval. Thanks for posting, it's info we investors need to know regardless of political leanings. The challenge will be to avoid politics in the responses to your post.

Threads of the day:
FSD Transfer I estimate a Q3 gross profit bump of $500m. Too much?
Tesla to license Autopilot / FSD If Ford? announce this year, does SP go up $50 overnight?
Sorry, moderators, if this is deemed too political. But it could directly affect the demand for EVs, and may have an impact on the share prices for EV makers including Tesla. I'll understand if you choose to move or delete the post.

Politico - Thursday evening:
Trump vows to undo Biden’s electric vehicle policies
UK government are also under pressure to delay 2030 ICE (hybrid to 2035) end point. This is following older ICE payments to travel in outer London recently coming into force and have not been popular with voters.

Wishing @DaveT 's wife all the best following cancer diagnosis.

The question for me is whether the dip going into close was adjusting the price to get sellers and buyers to better match or whether it was just a hedge fund manipulation to maximize the profits

I'll take Door No. 2, Alex.

Door No. 2.jpg

We could see this tgt for Fri Close in the Options Open Interest since Thursday mourning.

TSLA.Open-Interest.2023-07-21.Expiry-As-of.2023-07-20.07-00.jpg

Painful Maxiom: "Big $$ don't like to loose..."

At least based on the specs displayed during the first cybertruck announcement, initial targeted length was 231.7 inches = 19.3 feet = 19 feet 3.7 inches. The new statement of "under 19 feet long" doesn't seem to be a huge change in dimensions, just an important one for those wanting to park in a 19-20 foot garage.

View attachment 958414
I can see a lot of requests to early deliveries owners:
  • "Hey, would you mind coming over with your new Cybertruck to see if it'll fit in a garage like mine??"
  • (closes garage door)
  • "It does!! Okay, thanks, bye!"

• "...Oh what's that? well, okay, I guess I'll open my garage again... *sigh*"
😂

DaveT who has been so helpful to many here since the early days of 2012 and now is mostly on youtube, his wife was just today diagnosed with breast cancer. He is welcoming support and knowledge from anyone here or on you tube. Words, tips, or knowledge of support or even positive outcome experiences would mean a lot to him.

@DaveT

DaveT who has been so helpful to many here since the early days of 2012 and now is mostly on youtube, his wife was just today diagnosed with breast cancer. He is welcoming support and knowledge from anyone here or on you tube. Words, tips, or knowledge of support or even positive outcome experiences would mean a lot to him.

@DaveT

I know nothing about breast cancer, but when it comes to medical challenges...

1. If you're an influencer like DaveT is, and some others I know are who have experienced something similar (life/death stuff), try to keep a low profile on posts and social media until one's head is above water and the family and social support of whichever friends want to help too. Social media is an amplifier and it's a mixed bag whether it's helpful or not in times of medical challenges (especially at the beginning and as the illness progresses in a good/bad way). Have a strategy on usage that's, probably, radically different than what he's used to having with everything going great.

2. Family is going to largely be the only one's that care enough to support deeply (like day-to-day). The rest of us are bystanders and humans trying to help each other out as best as possible while we manage our own lives.

3. The sufferer and family are the best advocates for themselves. The doctor's will help, but its their job and they see *lots* of patients at any given moment that are in worse situations than them financiall and socially. Him and his wife will get frustrated from the "lack of care". The pandemic burnout situation of healthcare workers is real too and many are trying to help, but one has to think they're a statistic first to the doctor team before anything else. It's a random health issue and it deeply will effect their family, no one else.

4. Move for the best care - cancer is globally empathized, so I'm guessing there's good support everywhere. The US actually has a very good healthcare system depending on where you live. Get onto Medicare as quickly as possible and if possible for her case, ask her doctor about it. It's universally accepted medical coverage in the US and abroad with our partner countries.

5. Find peers. Go to support groups actively and be selfish about needing support (while also giving back to that community going forward). Again, be your own best advocate and don't be lazy about it. They're going to need willpower to get through it, hopefully.

That's all I can think of for now. Good luck.