Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drop the yoke and go with the steering wheel--it's far safer and practical for anywhere cars need to turn, especially in roundabouts or when parallel parking . . . .

The "boy racer" yoke is an Elon fad that will soon fade in desire.
Or let him enjoy what he enjoys and have his own opinion, rather than trying to enforce yours like it's fact.

Trade in was only $57k on a one year old MS, MC Red over white, with 7k miles?!?

Tesla will likely sell it on their used site for, what, $70k?

Tesla kills us with such low trade-in values. What were Carmax, Zoom, etc. offering for your 2022 MS?
I can’t speak for OP, but my 2022 ordered summer of 2021 was about $80K before multiple prices increased with a 6 month wait until delivery in Jan 2022. Last month Car Max paid $61K to buy my identically spec’d 2022 S with 22K miles. Carmax listed my car for high 60’s. Is this the reference you were seeking?

Loved it, ordered it.

Model S Plaid, Ultra Red, cream interior, 21 inch, yoke. After half an hour of driving I already liked the yoke more than my traditional steering wheel.

The sales rep in the showroom said they already sold a lot of Plaids and LRs after the price drop.
Oh so close to replacing my 2015 MS with an Ultra Red MX, even had some cash as I over calculated tax consequences, but will buy more TSLA instead, which also had a price drop.

Overall, Bjorn is very impressed by the interior -

Best part of that video, probably will start being deployed in the US with more power from the start

1693678647279.png

Or let him enjoy what he enjoys and have his own opinion, rather than trying to enforce yours like it's fact.
Of course, after FIVE Palladium MS's, all "yoked" with the joke yoke, what would I know?

How it is that so many on the Investor Thread can continue to believe that Tesla and Elon can do no wrong is worrying . . . . I just hope that their mistakes remain somewhat manageable, which is why any new MS comes with a ROUND STEERING WHEEL, finally (for the sane people that have a clue on how to direct a car). Now if Tesla/Elon would just fix the *^$#@!)% horn button location it would be a major safety improvement (and since the new M3 has the horn fixed, there is hope).

Love the yoke. It's peeling really bad and the new design won't be ready until next month so Tesla offered the round wheel for free...so of course I'll be driving around with a peeling yoke for another month.
OT
What is the "the new design" difference from the old yoke design?
My yoke was peeling and the service center replaced it last week. All the new yoke functions are the same as the old but the yoke has a much better "feel" to it...
(I would also prefer to have a center horn button, but I am OK with the current location, after moving from New York, I find I use my horn less than once a year )

Last edited:
Cybertruck line shut down heard from insiders apparently has a tendency to produce more trucks. Tesla may have figured out a way to produce trucks with no line. The best production line is no production line....

Seriously we need to start taking these inside sources' information with a grain of salt, including the "no new Model 3 till next year" rumor.

Of course, after FIVE Palladium MS's, all "yoked" with the joke yoke, what would I know?

How it is that so many on the Investor Thread can continue to believe that Tesla and Elon can do no wrong is worrying . . . . I just hope that their mistakes remain somewhat manageable, which is why any new MS comes with a ROUND STEERING WHEEL, finally (for the sane people that have a clue on how to direct a car). Now if Tesla/Elon would just fix the *^$#@!)% horn button location it would be a major safety improvement (and since the new M3 has the horn fixed, there is hope).

You may be able to grasp how, just because you have what you feel to be a well reasoned opinion, there is no requirement for others to share it.

The mere fact that several people have offered how they hold what seems to them to also be a well reasoned opinion, one which is counter to the one you hold, should paint the picture clearly how further attempts to argue them into taking your opinion as gospel are ambitious at best.

It would be as ineffective for them to try to convince you as it is for you to try to convince them.

Maybe some people like some things that you don't care for.

That's okay, isn't it? 🤷‍♂️

This horse is now in a bloody pulp, and laying beside it is the MS resale value horse that has been equally beaten to smithereens.

Perhaps agreeing to disagree could be a wiser path than attempting to prove Einstein's definition for insanity.

Last edited:
Overall, Bjorn is very impressed by the interior -
Bjorn points out the back up lights in the lower bumper. I saw another video with the running lights in this area going on when the trunk was opened.

My guess is the those lower lights have all the functions including turn signal when the trunk is open. I believe there is a FMVSS requirement that the cars still have all the lighting functions with the trunk open. (Yeah, people will drive like this.) I was wondering how they accomplished this.

They have integrated all the main rear lighting into the deck lid instead of the of using the side quarters. Avoids the gap in the rear lights you see on almost all cars and avoids many of the alignment issues in this area. One reason the rear has such a clean look.

Really good to see the high level refinement on the Highland. I was a little worried after the presentation earlier in the year that they were just focused on cost cutting. Good to see them adding content back in to the car but I am sure there is a bunch of cost savings we can't see besides the eliminated items. (stalks, fog lights, etc.)

Bjorn points out the back up lights in the lower bumper. I saw another video with the running lights in this area going on when the trunk was opened.

My guess is the those lower lights have all the functions including turn signal when the trunk is open. I believe there is a FMVSS requirement that the cars still have all the lighting functions with the trunk open. (Yeah, people will drive like this.) I was wondering how they accomplished this.

They have integrated all the main rear lighting into the deck lid instead of the of using the side quarters. Avoids the gap in the rear lights you see on almost all cars and avoids many of the alignment issues in this area. One reason the rear has such a clean look.

Really good to see the high level refinement on the Highland. I was a little worried after the presentation earlier in the year that they were just focused on cost cutting. Good to see them adding content back in to the car but I am sure there is a bunch of cost savings we can't see besides the eliminated items. (stalks, fog lights, etc.)
NHTSA hasn't directly said lights on a trunk are non-compliant, but they've strongly suggested having a second set. (As far as I've been able to find).
14248.ztv | NHTSA
European requirements directly call out normal driving configuration (truck closed).

OT
What is the "the new design" difference from the old yoke design?
My yoke was peeling and the service center replaced it last week. All the new yoke functions are the same as the old but the yoke has a much better "feel" to it...
(I would also prefer to have a center horn button, but I am OK with the current location, after moving from New York, I find I use my horn less than once a year )
New materials, New wrapping coming in October. This is the 5th or 6th version, but they keep peeling. They are actually melting according to Tesla.