Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1694110578852.png

Do we know the reliability of this inventory data?

Something like this charge will happen in every state that collects a fuel tax to help fund road maintenance and construction. Otherwise the ICE fuel user will be the only source. It wouldn't be reasonable to expect EV owners not to contribute a fair share.

Though, it would be nice if the amount being charged were commiserate with actual or average miles of road used. Currently, this charge is higher than the average which others pay at the pump in tax over a year. How many oil and dealership influenced congress-critters were on the team that wrote the statute?
Collect a fee at registration time for any type car.

Keep tax on gas for healthcare cost caused by emissions.

What indications do you have that they solved battery and other challenges for ramp to be imminent ?

Would love that but have seen no signs
Others know the topic way better than me, but IIRC all semis to-date are being 'hand-built' while the proper production line is being built (in Nevada I think?)
I don't think Tesla care about slowly making a handful of semis. I get the impression that pepsi's feedback was positive enough that they are now happy to go ahead with a proper production line.
Also IIRC, the semi was announced even before battery day, and I'm pretty sure Tesla have said not long ago that the semi was not dependent on 4680s.

View attachment 971711
Do we know the reliability of this inventory data?

I've been seeing this as well. I can say that despite the inventory jump, I'm sitting at a sales/service center right now (blown strut on my 3 - don't ask) and this place is HOPPING in the sales area. Not just people that ordered and are picking up, but I've seen repeated customers drive/walk in and talk to sales staff and place an order. There is a lot of foot traffic, and that seems to be the norm.

It's situational State by State. Depends what they have, when it's needed, and 100% cost driven.

Texas is strong in wind energy because, in the land of constant wind, that's the biggest bang for the buck. No storage is needed because the wind generates also at night. (Solar still needs the batteries for night.)

Az didn't go with solar, they have nuclear and hydro power (river, and open desert land that nobody wants to live near). And there's no political will to change that.

W Virginia... well... it's coal country, so why renew anything?
Many things are true about Texas regarding energy. We generate a ton of renewables - wind is great, and West Texas wind tends to blow strong at night (outstanding for spreading the renewable generation longer through the hours of a calendar day without storage). We have a huge number of turbines taking advantage of this.
We have allowed Tesla (in some jurisdictions) as an energy provider via Powerwalls and Megapacks.

We also generate a ton of carbon pollution via coal and natural gas, more so NG at this point.

We have also experienced 20 years of single-party rule, contributing to idiocy such as the following from our last legislative session:
Texas legislators largely ignored pleas for critical reform from environmental advocates during this year’s legislative session — failing to act on lowering energy use, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and lessening the disproportionate impact of pollution on communities of color.

At the same time, the laws they did approve try to block local attempts to control greenhouse gas emissions, eliminate tax incentives for renewable energy companies and support building more fossil-fuel-fired power plants.
Yes, not just their long-running previous refrain of "let the market decide", but since renewables are now winning in the market, "subsidize only things that burn carbon". Wow.

Full link: Climate proposals withered at the Texas Capitol this year

We also host the most action-oriented, forward looking company on the planet. www.tesla.com

We are a large, complicated place. Sort of like this whole Earth thing, or so I am told.

This was a non-sense post. Gali starts by using 12-trailing-months earnings for a GROWTH company (PEG ratio is the appropriate metric when you're investing capital for future growth).

He then piles on by talking smak on 'yields' as if TSLA was a divident-paying instrument like a bond (but fails to mention TSLA YTD increase of 100%).

Gali is not this dumb (he has a business degree); this post is deliberately misleading. He's either accumulating, or swing trading, IMO.

Gali got his valuation by assuming the market cap will be $3T-$4T in 2030 and backing that out at a 20% discount rate for 7 years and then noted that matches today’s valuation roughly.

If interest rates drop and you use a 17% discount value, the present share price would be much higher.

I've been seeing this as well. I can say that despite the inventory jump, I'm sitting at a sales/service center right now (blown strut on my 3 - don't ask) and this place is HOPPING in the sales area. Not just people that ordered and are picking up, but I've seen repeated customers drive/walk in and talk to sales staff and place an order. There is a lot of foot traffic, and that seems to be the norm.
Agreed. Same thing in Marin when I was picking up new Model Y. Had to wait 20 minutes for my turn. Delivery process was quicker than the wait.

I'm curious, what sensible reason could Tesla have for delaying Giga Mexico? The $25K Tesla is paramount to achieving Tesla's goal of accelerating the word's adoption of EV's. What reasons could Tesla have for purposefully delaying the production of the Gen 4 Compact platform? 🤔
Tesla’s new manufacturing process will be a big change, and that brings risks. They don’t want a repeat of the Model 3 ramp when over-automation caused a very slow and painful ramp of production. Maybe they decided they needed more time to do simulations and small scale tests of the process before they are ready to build the full production line.

GSP