Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still not following...what are you trying to say? (And obviously Tesla wouldn't be worth zero without FSD...even good ol' Gordon the Clown knows that).
Small number (200) for "word changing" technology - that I'm literally banking on.
1500 left at eX-twitter - a non-world changing technology (my opinion) that my banking has supported.

Not sure I like those foreword looking shadow 'statements'.
So from where I stand, a sphincter tightening moment.
Misguided?

Small number (200) for "word changing" technology - that I'm literally banking on.
1500 left at eX-twitter - a non-world changing technology (my opinion) that my banking has supported.

Misguided?
While I think Elon is banking a bit too much on the supposed inevitability of actual intelligence being possible artificially, the size of the team doesn’t tell much. Especially when it’s R&D heavy software work. Advancements can be very nonlinear as are overhead from coordinating bigger teams. One of the things I appreciate Elon for is his Lean-ness.

You want to have the right number of people for the project. No more. No less.

Too many just get in the way.
and I'm clearly saying that I feel it's a small(ish) group - but I think the FSD 'team' also includes (or should) some hardware folks (what I did in another life) in the same room - else the SW folks can get lost sometimes.

Not sure what your mean, other than 'good job' ;-)

Elon: "Entire FSD/AI team at tesla is 200 people"

yikes.
200 exceptional software engineer will hands down beat 10,000 mediocre software engineer.
Alot of people get confuse with quality and quantity. They think throwing more heads will solve problem faster and better, but that's far from the reality. Throwing too many body onto a problem would likely slow down and makes problem worse. That's especially true in software.

Misguided?
A lot of twitter employees are in sales and moderation. You don't need a boatload of people to code.

Mobile Eye and Waymo both has 3000+ employees each generating 1.4B in revenue

Tesla has 200 employees generating ~1.8B in revenue from FSD.

Tesla also generates more revenue than BYD with 1/5th the TOTAL employee count. Elon is known to do way more with less. One of the key pillars for a higher PE, which is their ROIC being unmatched and in a different realm vs competitors.

Picked up 50 just now.
Max Pain is pretty loud at 280 for this week and the show's about to start, or continue...

1694547012429.png

and I'm clearly saying that I feel it's a small(ish) group - but I think the FSD 'team' also includes (or should) some hardware folks (what I did in another life) in the same room - else the SW folks can get lost sometimes.

Not sure what your mean, other than 'good job' ;-)

Considering the number of times people have had to ask you for clarification on what you're implying, you're being anything but clear..

I'll take 1000 tesla bots without legs (1/2 BOT).
As a 'reformed' Manufacturing Engineer working in contract electronics manufacturing (building circuit boards) - we had floors of 100's of people (humans) working on assembly lines (manual product movement, manual processes).
It was lowish volume, very high mix manufacturing - lots of changes, fast.

The people were the problem. They were good people, took pride in their work - but still - people.
The people are the problem. Hmm. Have you or anyone else figured out what all these "people" , drivers, and all of the tens of millions suddenly out of work because of bots, robo- taxis, robo-trucks, robo-everything else will do for a living? Five years ago, hearing about all of these innovations Elon was working on, I was glad it was him working on these things, certain he would have considered the impact on capitalism, society, and had a plan for that. Five years down the road, we have all learned more about our hero. With his new venture and other...changes.., I now have no expectation that Elon has given the societal chaos that will certainly ensue a moment's thought.

Henry Ford at least realized his workers would need to be paid well to afford to buy his cars (and participate in the economy). I don't think the "new" Elon could give a flying you-know-what about pride, and the "people" you mention.

The people are the problem. Hmm. Have you or anyone else figured out what all these "people" , drivers, and all of the tens of millions suddenly out of work because of bots, robo- taxis, robo-trucks, robo-everything else will do for a living? Five years ago, hearing about all of these innovations Elon was working on, I was glad it was him working on these things, certain he would have considered the impact on capitalism, society, and had a plan for that. Five years down the road, we have all learned more about our hero. With his new venture and other...changes.., I now have no expectation that Elon has given the societal chaos that will certainly ensue a moment's thought.

Henry Ford at least realized his workers would need to be paid well to afford to buy his cars (and participate in the economy). I don't think the "new" Elon could give a flying you-know-what about pride, and the "people" you mention.
Clarify "suddenly".

I REALLY tried to buy one but no-one I could find anywhere at Volkswagen would sell me one.
I took a picture of one at Brussels Motor Show in January 2014 -> free tickets courtesy of Tesla back then = the Tesla stand was pretty busy, but was just the Model S back then, of course

This was in the excruciating period between me ordering my P85 in December and receiving the car end of March - Bjørn's videos were daily viewing back in those days

1694552997130.png

1694553110247.png

Misguided?

That is probably just the team doing the actual AI work. There's also the people that have been doing labeling, and everyone working on Dojo, and the FSD computer, and ...