Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well then "Watch out EPA". Range is nothing that you can claim. It has been certified by the EPA so take it up with them.
Pretty sure it's more common for the auto maker to perform their own tests to the EPA testing regimen and provide the results to the EPA with everyone taking it on faith that nobody cheated. Since the EPA testing regiment is a parody of actual driving at best, as nobody drives the speed limit, you can't really "gotcha!" anyone since the testing isn't real world in the first place or claimed to be (only ever claimed to be EPA, or WLTP, or whatever range).

Of course, that won't stop anyone from trying to "gotcha!" - I especially love it when people (generally on the Internet) compare NEDC or WLTP range against EPA and claim victory for whichever vehicle was using the NEDC/WLTP range in the comparison.

It seems that @TSLA Pilot has disagreed with the above, which could mean the evidence supporting his claims may finally be shared forthwith.

It will be good to see something based upon the scientific method (rather than emotion) which will corroborate the claims.

Like the cat that ate the cheese, I await with bated breath this presentation of fact to clear up the mystery once and for all.

Thanks for stepping up to do the right thing. 👍
How about reviewing the TSLA chart and asking, "How much of the decline from the ATH was SELF-INDUCED?" Even brilliant people are still massively fallible and Elon is no exception, yet he often fires people that might suggest a better option. Guess what that does to others that might wish to speak up going forward?

The value lost was hundreds of billions of dollars . . . .

Placed a buy at 238, and the thing starts jumping all over the place. Last chance?
My purchase - or sale - decision is always, “Is this still a company I wish to own?”. If so, buy or sell it at whatever the price happens to be at the moment. Hence, my stock purchases - and sales - are always market orders. I have one in right now to buy 63 shares on opening from my aforementioned Ford sale. I see short term price fluctuations as “noise” and essentially unpredictable, if not random.

But whatever works for you!

How about reviewing the TSLA chart and asking, "How much of the decline from the ATH was SELF-INDUCED?" Even brilliant people are still massively fallible and Elon is no exception, yet he often fires people that might suggest a better option. Guess what that does to others that might wish to speak up going forward?

So, you're entire logic behind this is based upon an assumption that a correlation exists, though you cannot demonstrate how the dots connect in such a way that would rule out all other possible influences upon the SP?

Perhaps you could study the Scientific Method in greater detail in order to be better prepared to accept how you haven't presented enough data to support your claim in this relationship between Elon's behavior and the SP.

There are many, many factors which contribute to these movements, all of which will have varying impact on the SP. Your preferred one included.

To pick one from a chaotic multitude and declare that it is THE one, true, influence upon the SP will not stand up to scrutiny.

Pick any of the other possibilities and make the same claim and you will have the same result. That being, a belief-based opinion which cannot be proven to any degree of accuracy.

Let's put this another way. If what you claim as knowledge is factual and repeatable you then should be able to reliably use this knowledge to your advantage in trading Tesla based upon what you believe to be a known correlation. Give that a try next time he says or does something that you KNOW will prove your theory.

Let us know how that works out for you.

But does that even matter? If you believe Level 5 FSD, Robotaxis, and Optimus are all coming down the line eventually, then all of this short term noise currently playing out is meaningless compared to the boom in valuation all three of those will bring years from now. In fact, it would present an outstanding opportunity to buy MORE shares now while the share price is suppressed.

I guess I just don't understand the point of your argument from a long term (investing) point of view? 🤔

I guess I just don't understand the point of your argument from a long term (investing) point of view? 🤔

This is precisely why I continue to use terms like "trade" and "trader" in my responses to @TSLA Pilot as their posts seem to be coming from someone who was betting short-term and lost, and who now wants to lash out and blame someone other than themselves for the outcome.

My purchase - or sale - decision is always, “Is this still a company I wish to own?”. If so, buy or sell it at whatever the price happens to be at the moment. Hence, my stock purchases - and sales - are always market orders. I have one in right now to buy 63 shares on opening from my aforementioned Ford sale. I see short term price fluctuations as “noise” and essentially unpredictable, if not random.

But whatever works for you!
Here, let me try to justify my addiction…I used to be all in a majority of time. This is high risk for the retired. So whats different is I sold some to limit this risk a little, and buying when its obvious. I’m no longer “all in” 100% of the time.

However, I’m fully aware of the opportunity risk of being in any cash when this takes off, which could be today. Therefore, I view these trades as a way of reducing the risk of a macro Depression! Luck is on my side lately.

It would be like you cleaning out your bank account on the next dips and holding. THAT would be crazy due to any downside risk, requiring a sale at the lowest price for life’s essentials. Been there done that, so mitigating this time. Relatively all in if that makes sense, hence my system today.

Edit… might I add that it makes the dips less painful as well giving this feeling that I am alive!

Last edited:
I still think this could be cybertruck delivery event announcement day. It feels like we are at that point.
Announce today for an early October delivery event. Employees only for the first handful, full specs and pricing revealed, configurator online.
While I don't think Tesla (or at least Elon) cares at all about short term stock movement, whatever they can do to help offset the drop that will invariably occur when the Q3 numbers are announced will be nice! My guess is they want to announce either right before or at the Q3 earnings call.

Yep I agree it looks sped up. I tried watching the video at 0.75, 0.5, and 0.25 speed, and watched the movement of the blocks. The 0.5 speed looked normal to me, especially at the 0:24 mark where the block tumbles most life-like. Interestingly, they slowed the frame rate way down, to maybe 15 FPS, I think to hide the alteration in speed. For instance, we can't do a frame count on the dropped blocks to calculate the actual video speed - each block drops within one frame at such a low frame rate. While I understand the reason for wanting to make it look more "lifelike", it seems a bit sketchy to me.

If you watch the upper-right of the video, there is a brief display that says "1.5x speed" just as Optimus starts moving Legos.

It's subtle, but it's there. Much less of a deception/mystery than people are making it out to be...

(Sorry for repeated info...I was behind on the thread, and posted this reply before I got to the first posts saying the same info.)

Last edited:
Tesla doubling down on DOJO:

I’ve had a reservation for a Model Y 7-seater since they started taking reservations in Norway some years ago. I received an email today that the 7-seater will not be available any time soon, and that if they don’t hear from me the reservation will be cancelled.

Good news is that this is probably a sign that they have so good influx of 5-s orders that the 7-s will just be increasing cost and they cant be bothered to make it for the european market (yet). And I’ll probably be looking at a 6- MX instead 🤩

Attachments

• 784E7285-6877-4204-8B85-429E63E94D05.jpeg
    784E7285-6877-4204-8B85-429E63E94D05.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 67
While I don't think Tesla (or at least Elon) cares at all about short term stock movement, whatever they can do to help offset the drop that will invariably occur when the Q3 numbers are announced will be nice! My guess is they want to announce either right before or at the Q3 earnings call.
Maybe. I get an impression that Elon doesnt like to mix investor stuff with product stuff. He often refuses to answer questions on earnings calls that are related to new product announcements.
Also he LOVES the cybertruck. I think he wants to announce it to the world, not wall st. Looks like it isn't going to be today, but it HAS to be soon. We have seen too many of these things on the road, with different wraps, in different locations, hauling, towing, coming back from crash tests... and we have seen paperwork at service centers that indicates they are ready for the CT.
I REALLY think its this week :D