Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are the call and put walls this morning for this week? It seems to me that almost nothing else matters to TSLA anymore other than options manipulation
Even knowing the call and put walls, we don't know why those call and put walls are where they are. All we do is observe the line moving tick by tick day after day and try to rationalize it, we genuinely have no idea why any stock does anything on a given day.

Q2 2023 Tesla beats P&D consensus and issues lower guidance for upcoming quarter due to upgrades to Gigafactories. TSLA drops.
Q3 2023 Tesla misses P&D consensus and issues higher guidance for upcoming quarter due to upgrades to Gigafactories. TSLA rises.
Is all about the future...
and the future is bright. :cool:
So the stock price rises for the last hour and that is a new trend?

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Did a quick flick through today's Tesla 'news' reports, and also seekingalpha...
Honestly the average IQ of people shorting the stock or 'analyzing it' has to be the really really low single digits now right?
The ONLY CONCEIVABLE reason why a car factory downtime could ever, ever be considered a good piece of news is... "Our cars are in such insane demand, despite virtually zero advertising, that we need to take our very efficient factories down VERY briefly to upgrade them so we can make more of our extremely profitable products even faster."
added to
"Oh BTW we are also ramping 2 huge factories, about to start building a huge one in mexico, and are building a battery factory, a lithium refinery, and also a factory for making the tesla semi".
"Oh and optimus and FSD and Dojo are also things".

The absolute gulf between what we, on this board, know about Tesla's future, and the opinion of the average muppet trading the stock is gargantuan. Its pretty much free money. Just hold, and when the world suddenly sees cybertrucks sales, semi sales, FSD take-rates on V12, and more optimus progress, we can all laugh like hyenas as 'traders' beg us to sell them some shares :D.

Come on cybertruck delivery date!

and we get rough weight estimate 60-70 000 pounds for 2 semi with small trailer
It's hard to find semi flatbed trailer empty weight specs... seems like most places want to quote gross trailer weight loaded...

But it seems like 10K lbs is a reasonable estimate.

That would imply each semi weighs 25-30K lbs... the low end of that range just overlaps the high end of the weight range of 10-25K for a diesel semi, but I assume that's for a extended sleeper cab etc..., whereas the Tesla Semi is not.

But then again... batteries. Lots of 'em.

And yet, my Rivian stock holdings continue to disappoint. 😴
Because they haven’t shown a path to profitability yet. I haven’t run the numbers recently, but they have a finite number of years before they run out of cash. Q3 results for Rivian will be very interesting and telling. Still, Rivian is at least showing improvement in production. Interestingly, they still aren’t at current Tesla Model S/X numbers yet. They seem to be more or less following Tesla’s initial Model S production ramp numbers.

And yet, my Rivian stock holdings continue to disappoint. 😴
Perhaps the most dangerous time when there's a lack of liquidity with high interest rates. Companies with strong balance sheets and positive cash flows can weather the storm while companies that's nowhere near cash flow positive having a hard time surviving. Unless Rivian exceed wallstreet's expectation and start having a positive margin, the stock will continue to drift lower.

It's hard to find semi flatbed trailer empty weight specs... seems like most places want to quote gross trailer weight loaded...

But it seems like 10K lbs is a reasonable estimate.

That would imply each semi weighs 25-30K lbs... the low end of that range just overlaps the high end of the weight range of 10-25K for a diesel semi, but I assume that's for a extended sleeper cab etc..., whereas the Tesla Semi is not.

But then again... batteries. Lots of 'em.
Much of the weight of a semi is in the engine (can be 5,000 to 15,000 lbs), transmission, fifth wheel, and driveline. The sheet metal doesn't add a lot. Fuel adds around 2,000 lbs.

Reactions: petit_bateau
A fantastic video from Jay Leno about the Semi - and talks with Franz and Dan on how they made this beast.

Wow. It's just silly how much more advanced (I believe) the Semi is compared to an ICE semi. Like, two different torques for the two pairs of rear drive wheels to provide both initial acceleration and efficient highway cruising (= quicker runs = $ profit). And SOOO much energy saved with regen compared to an ICE semi descending mountains pumping out heat for nothin' (= reduced fuel cost = $ saved). The disc brakes are basically 'emergency brakes' only. Fantastic. 4680 volume production can't come soon enough!

Last edited:
Watching the Ford roast with Q&As to the Board. Seems the whole battery plant pause is over what role, if any, the UAW will play in the EV space. The response keeps coming up that Ford “needs to be competitive against Tesla and BYD.” The framework to negotiate is there… that’s it.

Oh, and with their latest offer, after 20% increases, if you work 30 yrs at Ford, you’ll have 1M in a retirement 401k. 30? Is that because they’re “building new engines too”?

I dont have a link, just look up uaw and Ford roast. Jim is literally tight lipped after every statement, almost gonna explode! If Beaker had a human double…