Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the latest status of the Roadster 2.0? Did they most recently say 2024? My wife just asked... I figure I better have an answer if she is asking 🤔
We don’t talk about that here…

My Tesla.com account will have bought and sold at least three cars while my Roadster reservation sits there, taunting me.

Maybe we should ask grok?

With regards to the roadster, and its non appearance still...

Am I the only person who adores the look and styling of the roadster, but does not vaguely want the performance? (or frankly the price tag). I now admit my performance model Y is too quick for me. Its just wasted 99% of the time here in speed-camera hell. But I LOVE the look of the roadster, and also 95% of the time, it would be fine, size-wise for me too. I dont need a huge trunk/frunk and 5 seats when its just me and my wife.

If Tesla made a roadster body with model Y or model 3 long range performance, I'd be so, so tempted.
yeah with dual castings and structural battery pack a convertible Model 3 Ludicrous would be awesome and super rigid.

Must be from Stranger in a Strange Land??
Coincidentally, “Grok” was an answer on last night’s Jeopardy. Category: “ODD 4-LETTER WORDS”. Which none of the contestants got!

53316480445_469e096efe.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:

Am I the only person who adores the look and styling of the roadster, but does not vaguely want the performance? (or frankly the price tag). I now admit my performance model Y is too quick for me. Its just wasted 99% of the time here in speed-camera hell. But I LOVE the look of the roadster, and also 95% of the time, it would be fine, size-wise for me too. I dont need a huge trunk/frunk and 5 seats when its just me and my wife.

If Tesla made a roadster body with model Y or model 3 long range performance, I'd be so, so tempted.

And please Lord, let such a smaller, modestly fast Roadster be a full convertible like it's grandfather. Even if only as an option!

Very succinct. Tesla needs to grow profitability or compression will continue
Agreed. I don't agree with all their numbers, but the sentiment has foundation in the margin and profitability reductions seen over the last few quarters... I will say that the ride-sharing network, if driven by Tesla vision, ought to be more binary than listed unless they think there is relevant competition?

1699372517516.png

https://twitter.com/SawyerMerritt/status/1721653918264950891?s=20

Looks like things are starting to move again in India, approvals are underway and this also sounds like maybe a compromise on import taxes:
"A new category may be introduced in the import policy to ensure that clean energy driven vehicles are taxed lower," said the first official cited, while insisting that this incentive will not be "just for Tesla but for anyone committing to set up electric vehicle manufacturing units".

India looks to fast-track approvals for Elon Musk's Tesla by January 2024

Agreed. I don't agree with all their numbers, but the sentiment has foundation in the margin and profitability reductions seen over the last few quarters... I will say that the ride-sharing network, if driven by Tesla vision, ought to be more binary than listed unless they think there is relevant competition?

View attachment 988630

https://twitter.com/SawyerMerritt/status/1721653918264950891?s=20
Am I understanding this correctly? I interpret this as MS's base case is 380 in 6 years. Barely 10% per year and lower than all time high of two years ago.

Potentially good news.....

In the UK, it has been announced that the government will seek to put through a bill in the next session of parliament allowing self driving cars to operate on UK roads, where the manufacturer of the self driving software would take liability.

Bill to enable self-driving cars to be used on Britain’s roads

We don’t talk about that here…

My Tesla.com account will have bought and sold at least three cars while my Roadster reservation sits there, taunting me.

Maybe we should ask grok?
Just imagine how my lonely RN for a Model 3 delivered to Rio de Janeiro must feel! It has been silently and determinately waiting since I placed it in the early hours of "04/10/2016" as it shows on my account. That order was placed about twenty minutes after Tesla announced opening of Model 3 reservations for several countries, including Brazil. The one I ordered the days before after standing in the giant queue at my local Tesla store, a MCR Performance gem, I took delivery in September 2018 when the first Performance ones were being delivered too Florida. That one yielded to an S Plaid when those appeared.

For the most part it seems those giant wait times still happen for new models. However, Tesla still only sells in ~40 countries. None in South or Central America, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, or anywhere else except for on store in Abu Dhabi and one in Dubai. Africa is vacant too, except for those tourist Superchargers in Morocco. Even huge swathes of the USA and Canada are unserved, as well as huge parts of Europe.

For those who worry about spawning greater demand in existing markets, how about turing attention to all the opportunity elsewhere? Quite a number of the vacant markets, especially wealthier ones, have relatively huge demand for higher-end vehicles. Coincidently many such markets are now pursuing solar and storage products to supplant peaker plants and reduce fossil fuel power generation.

Tesla is just scratching the surface. Of course, They're in the process of opening in Chile right now. Many other countries are coming soon, including India. The only questions are about what products Tesla will offer first and how much local investment will happen in any given case.

Will all that raise the shore price soon? No, certainly not! Securities analysts and market makers invariably ignore revenue and sales categories that might require some actual analysis. Look at AAPL service revenue for clues, which analysts ignore in preference to gross iPhone sales. And so it goes, for TSLA too.

Last edited:
What is the latest status of the Roadster 2.0? Did they most recently say 2024? My wife just asked... I figure I better have an answer if she is asking 🤔
That's the last update I heard. So my current expectation is set to Dec 31st, 2024.

I desire the performance but I think it would be great for Tesla to offer a low powered and less expensive version that is basically a competitor to the Miata. When people see them, they won't know which version it is until it accelerates.

That's the last update I heard. So my current expectation is set to Dec 31st, 2024.

I desire the performance but I think it would be great for Tesla to offer a low powered and less expensive version that is basically a competitor to the Miata. When people see them, they won't know which version it is until it accelerates.

I am sure Tesla will be happy to nerf the performance by SW if enough people ask but I doubt the price is ever coming down

This surely won't get a standing O here, but I am undisturbed by the lack of progress on the Roadster. To me, it's purpose was to increase (or continue) perception of Tesla as a company that can make the fastest production car on the planet. With the S Plaid this lane seemed to get narrower and narrower. More importantly, there was always a tenuous connection to the Mission with such performance model goals. It feels to me that connection is nearly non-existent now that Tesla is clearly targeting a car for the masses. I recognize that I am not the target market for a supercar like the Roadster, so disclose my bias there. If I was willing to part with that kind of money for any car, I would likely have a different perspective. Also, while it's obvious I will say this is just my opinion and I respect others' may be different.

I don't know why there are so many posts about Sweden. Tesla will do what other employers here and there do: settle with the union and raise prices in Sweden. The significance to the big picture is nil.
Sounds like Tesla rerouted to other "ports" and so the union in Sweden is pushing out the date for the blockade. If I recall this story correctly, initially it was 4 Train ports planned. At what point do we just drive them to customers using FSD? And I'd love to hear what the customers of all those vehicles think of this.

"...planned to extend its blockade of the automaker’s shipments to every Swedish port, starting Nov. 17."

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand