Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prediction...

These early models will print money hand over fist for them for around 6 months or however long the early adopters support. Then they drop prices 20% overnight and do exactly what they've done for every other model, rinse and repeat.

They would be foolish not to do this as they have complete control over transfer price. If just 10% convert they have all of 2024 sold out at probably 40% margin. The long range will sell 2X that of the beast given tax credit. Most of these will have "cheap" FSD which is pure profit, so maybe we hit 50% gross margin.

I think the first RWD will roll off the line Dec 2025.

The Range extender will Never be sold, just makes no Sense at all

It’s too heavy to be easily removed, it’s not possible to truly fast charge as of cooling complexity, it worsens every spec of the car including the ones you care for when buying into the extender which is range and charge times as more weight is less range and the extender can’t keep up with vehicle charging speed

Prediction...

These early models will print money hand over fist for them for around 6 months or however long the early adopters support. Then they drop prices 20% overnight and do exactly what they've done for every other model, rinse and repeat.

They would be foolish not to do this as they have complete control over transfer price. If just 10% convert they have all of 2024 sold out at probably 40% margin. The long range will sell 2X that of the beast given tax credit. Most of these will have "cheap" FSD which is pure profit, so maybe we hit 50% gross margin.

Hopefully once ramped they'll have enough margin to be able to adjust prices as needed to sell all they can make. But I don't agree with your first sentence. While ramping I suspect costs will exceed revenue. Lots of cost to spread over fewer units.

How does one install/remove this range extender (a few Optimus bots?), to get this claimed millage this thing will need to be 75kWh-ish or the size of a MY pack, not to mention you then wont be able to haul anything due to the weight of the pack being almost the entire payload capacity.

View attachment 995188

Also, when CT videos on YT? The Embargo still in place?

Also Also, yippee V2H power
The problem I see is that you can't have that and the tent. It's an either-or situation. And camping is one instance where you really need the extra range (assumes not an RV park style camping).

Prediction...

I want to know what the margin will be on the $3k tent

Shatter-Resistant

Armor Glass can resist the impact of a baseball at 70 mph or class 4 hail.

1701386888730.png

Hopefully once ramped they'll have enough margin to be able to adjust prices as needed to sell all they can make. But I don't agree with your first sentence. While ramping I suspect costs will exceed revenue. Lots of cost to spread over fewer units.
There is no paint shop, so unless the stainless is way more expensive, I don't see how this is dramatically more expensive (other than battery costs) than a model Y. Obviously until it's ramped we are going to absorb some overhead and fixed costs, but this will be the most profitable vehicle they make IMO...not close.

Yeah, hopefully not accurate.

If I remember correctly, the 100 kWh Model S pack was something like 1200 pounds. I think the Model Y LR pack is less than 1000 lbs...maybe 800-ish-lbs for 82 kWh?

I assume the range extender is probably different chemistry (since it can't really have all the same cooling, etc. that a full pack would have), etc. But I just don't see how this range extender could be anywhere close to 2,000 lbs...
Maybe it's 2000 pounds of payload with the extender?
50kW/250Wh/kg=200kg = 440 pounds plus balance of plant.
The problem I see is that you can't have that and the tent. It's an either-or situation. And camping is one instance where you really need the extra range (assumes not an RV park style camping).
The tent is above the cargo floor.
SmartSelect_20231130_184121_Firefox.jpg