Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Range extender will Never be sold, just makes no Sense at all

It’s too heavy to be easily removed, it’s not possible to truly fast charge as of cooling complexity, it worsens every spec of the car including the ones you care for when buying into the extender which is range and charge times as more weight is less range and the extender can’t keep up with vehicle charging speed

Maybe it can also be used as an external energy storage unit; aka Powerwall?

Last edited:
Loved the intro exploded view in space. Anyone figure out what these tube casing looking things are? Battery anodes, or structural supports?

1701388406457.png

It was a baseball. Try the same with your car and report back.
The way he threw it any window would be fine. My son has hit the window of my MS with a baseball harder than that and it didn't crack. That was humorous, but not something actually noteworthy.

That's not to say they aren't stronger glass.

AWD CT + black (totally cool) + FSD ($10,000 old price) + range extender + destination + 6% sales tax = $121,000. Minus tax credit = $114,000.

AWD CT + FSD ($10,000 old price) + destination + 6% sales tax = $97,000. Minus tax credit = $90,000.

AWD CT + destination + 6% sales tax = $86,000. Minus tax credit = $79,000.

(I want FSD.)

Real money, and the expensive model is $20,000 more plus more sales tax and no tax credit.

I anticipate they'll sell all they can make for a while, but then they'll need to adjust pricing.

(OTOH many will find the CT to be visually impressive, a big factor in many buying decisions. Have you noticed how appearance-challenged the Silverado EV is? I recently looked at the web site for the first time. Good heavens. Subjective, of course.)

The way he threw it any window would be fine. My son has hit the window of my MS with a baseball harder than that and it didn't crack. That was humorous, but not something actually noteworthy.

That's not to say they aren't stronger glass.
Yeah I think that was a bit meant to be humorous and they should’ve just left it out. As long as the glass is as strong as typical auto glass, I’m not sure anyone cares all that much.

They should have just done an apples to apples comparison with another car’s glass from the beginning. Would have avoided a lot of drama.

As a customer I am not a fan of the price increase. As a shareholder thank god there's a price increase. There's zero reason to have a 2 million reservation due to the original prices being too good. Better Tesla to price gouge early adopters than resellers.

Q: "What must we do to be forgiven our sins?"

E: "First, we have to sin."

Cheers to the Sinners! :D

P.S. wanna bet that the Ext'd Rge Battery pack plugs into a Powerwall v3? (unless it is a P/W!) 340 miles range around town and an exta 3 Powerwalls around home! Until you go on that annual 2 week vacation towing a heavy boat or trailer. Then it's still got full range! What an awesome setup!

WINNING <=> LIKE THIS

Lots of comparisons to Rivian price/range. Thoughts:

1. Cybertruck is appreciably bigger than the Rivian. It’s not apples to apples.

2. One of the trucks will be making money, the other not so much.

3. People will pay extra for the unique look of the Cybertruck to stand out on the road. It’s the American Way.

4. Rivian will have a premium paying extra for Supercharger use.

5. As 4680 chemistry advances, higher range variants are inevitable.

While I would have liked to see higher range, I think the new 4680 chemistries aren’t ready yet so they’ll be coming down the road.

Remember: range alone is NOT a moat. Anyone can add more batteries to their EV. What matters is efficiency and cost.