Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did see a post on X from some guy Yesterday who got his. Posted a pic of his CT charging at a supercharger. Wasn't a YouTuber as far as I could say. Did not bookmark since I assumed there would be more. Got the phone call from Tesla just a few days before the event.

Edit: Tried to search for this post. But Google did not show me anything X. And on X I could not search for images with in a time period.
Finally found it. Not a YouTube'r but not exactly an ordinary customer either - he is one of the guys behind Reddit.

https://twitter.com/alexisohanian
Alexis Ohanian

@alexisohanian

So thrilled to have gotten to be one of the first to get the iconic stainless steel
@Tesla
Cybertruck - what an experience!!More Cybertruck content coming

Speaking of safety, anyone else notice how the color red is used for ANYTHING that moves in the Factory? Stationary beams are all White. What a great idea!
I also noticed the one Yellow robot applying adhesive to glass, surrounded by Plexiglas. Yellow is color for Gas in plumbing. Looks like it's also for robots around VOC's (outgasing risks). What a tidy factory!

Impossible in its current form - pedestrian safety..

A valid concern, which was addressed in an episode of the Carmudgeon Show, covered by SMR today. Cybertruck's hood line is quite a bit lower than traditional pickups. (no mention of it being expected to meet European standards)

This link opens to their discussion of pedestrian safety and how Cybertruck compares to other pickups.

This!

In my particular situation where loss of power takes out both water and sewage service, the CT easily provides 4 to 5 PW capacity (120+ Kwh pack perhaps at half charge given surprise power outage) supporting power for days!
Well, darn!

I was really hoping I could get to share in your bowl of Wheaties this morning until I finally figured out that by “4 to 5 PW” you weren’t referring to Petawatts.

Speaking of safety, anyone else notice how the color red is used for ANYTHING that moves in the Factory? Stationary beams are all White. What a great idea!
I also noticed the one Yellow robot applying adhesive to glass, surrounded by Plexiglas. Yellow is color for Gas in plumbing. Looks like it's also for robots around VOC's (outgasing risks). What a tidy factory!
I think that's just the default color of Fanuc robots, nothing to do with outgassing....

Reminded me of this dumb allegation against Elona few yrs back:

1701705395948.png

Somebody subsequently posted a factory pic FULL of yellow Fanuc robots lol...

Not sure if this has been posted yet, from today’s Guardian feed:

European carmakers have secured less than a sixth of the key raw materials they will need by 2030 to make electric vehicle batteries, according to analysis that highlights the expected scramble for green-tech resources.

The world’s two biggest electric carmakers, Tesla in the US and China’s BYD, were significantly further ahead of many of their European rivals in securing access to key raw materials, the researchers found.

Julia Poliscanova, the senior director for vehicles and emobility at T&E, said: “There is a clear disconnect between carmakers’ electric vehicle [EV] goals and their critical mineral strategies. Tesla and BYD are way ahead of most European players, who are only waking up to the challenge of securing battery metals now.”
T&E said Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Hyundai/Kia were the carmakers with large European operations that were lagging furthest behind rivals. Ford, Volkswagen and Stellantis have disclosed plans for battery mineral supply that rival Tesla and BYD.

A valid concern, which was addressed in an episode of the Carmudgeon Show, covered by SMR today. Cybertruck's hood line is quite a bit lower than traditional pickups. (no mention of it being expected to meet European standards)

This link opens to their discussion of pedestrian safety and how Cybertruck compares to other pickups.

It's not shorter than a van... what's the concern here?

Impossible in its current form - pedestrian safety..

Ok - I could be wrong.. I'm not qualified. The corners are the bit that really make me wonder, they just appear to sharp..
Perhaps posting something that appears to be factual ...is not a good idea....if you don't know if it is factual.

Ok - I could be wrong.. I'm not qualified. The corners are the bit that really make me wonder, they just appear to sharp..
The best pedestrian safety is not to hit a pedestrian. Tesla has superlative active safety. Also the frunk height is actually at a pretty safe level compared to other trucks, where you would be putting your head straight into the cooling fans. yup those front quarter angles don't look great, but it is just one part of the equation.

Still looks like hydraulic lines to me.
The Brembo Sensify system uses a hydraulic brake-pedal sensor unit for pedal "feel", so there would ostensibly be lines running to it.

The Brembo was tested on a Tesla, incidentally... and Tesla has used Brembo systems on their cars, so there's some thought they were developed in conjunction with each other...

Reactions: 2daMoon