Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most potential EV buyers are not negatively influenced by Elon Musk's behavior:

Most WERE not. According to this article the poll was "In the weeks leading up to Elon Musk’s latest round of controversies.."
That number will go up and down and probably have little meaning at any point. A better poll would determine how many had developed hardened positions, and of those who say they are MORE inclined to buy now (or less inclined), what is that cohort’s actual propensity for following through on purchases.
This poll is as good as a survey monkey on Taylor Swift’s new outfit this week at the Chiefs game.

Where are people seeing this on the Tesla website? I can only find where they say they are losing the full $7500 for the 3 RWD and 3 LR.
It looks like they changed the wording since that Electrek story. Now it says "All new Model Y vehicles currently qualify for a federal tax credit for eligible buyers. Take delivery by Dec 31 for full $7,500 tax credit".

1000004342.jpg

Boy, the FUD is strong tonight about the "recall" of 2 million Tesla's! Let's see if NBC mentions that it's just an OTA update. Well damn, they did mention it, even if it was incorrect.

These folks are reporting on accidents that happened 4 years ago or longer like they happened yesterday! Since then, Autopilot and Full Self Driving have improved immensely and Tesla's are the safest cars ever built! But people that aren't aware of that think they're deathtraps.

How to widely dispel this FUD? I wish I knew...

Boy, the FUD is strong tonight about the "recall" of 2 million Tesla's! Let's see if NBC mentions that it's just an OTA update. Well damn, they did mention it, even if it was incorrect.

These folks are reporting on accidents that happened 4 years ago or longer like they happened yesterday! Since then, Autopilot and Full Self Driving have improved immensely and Tesla's are the safest cars ever built! But people that aren't aware of that think they're deathtraps.

Looking at what each company reports as accidents on their Level 2 ADAS, Tesla has the most accidents, even recently.

Part of that could be the lack of reporting or selective reporting by others...or even that Tesla has many more cars with level 2 capabilities, but part...according to the NHTSA is that Tesla allows theirs on all roads instead of limiting it to controlled highways.

Regardless Tesla has more accidents than all the rest combined by a large margin...again, these are reported by Tesla.

Edit: Raw data version

Regardless Tesla has more accidents than all the rest combined by a large margin...again, these are reported by Tesla.
NHTSA specificly says you can't use the data for that type of conclusion. Because most manufacturers don't know about the collisions their vehicles are involved in to report them. Or they don't have the data to know that an ADAS system was engaged sometime in the 30 seconds prior to the collision.

NHTSA specificly says you can't use the data for that type of conclusion. Because most manufacturers don't know about the collisions their vehicles are involved in to report them. Or they don't have the data to know that an ADAS system was engaged sometime in the 30 seconds prior to the collision.

Most car companies.

Those numbers came from them and they initiated the recall due to them.

Again, all statistics are skewed, but this is why it's being reported widely, just like the Cruise accidents.

I do think it's important to emphasize, again, that those accidents on level 2 were self reported by Tesla.

Those numbers came from them and they initiated the recall due to them.

Again, all statistics are skewed, but this is why it's being reported widely, just like the Cruise accidents.
The investigation has been ongoing since 2021...
"On August 13, 2021, NHTSA opened a Preliminary Evaluation (PE21-020) to investigate eleven incidents
involving stationary first-responder vehicles and Tesla vehicles that were operating with Autosteer engaged"

NHTSA is well aware that Tesla is the only ADS Level 2 provider with somewhat accurate reporting.

Just wait.

I believe the phrase is, "the truth will out"

Given time, and increasing production, folks will come around.

Hopefully at a rate that balances well with production increases.

Reactions: jerry33 and MC3OZ
Unless things change drastically, I don't think even 125k next year is possible. Elon already said the 125k is the production limit next year, but if you look at the first 1,000, they have an estimated delivery window from now to March 2024.
Your interpretation is not necessarily correct.

The 1000 are Foundation Series CT’s. There may be other non-Foundation Series vehicles delivered before all the Foundation Series CT’s have been delivered.

For example, it’s time consuming to reach my island from a Tesla service center despite them not being that that far in physical space. Tesla folks might choose not to deliver my Foundation Series CT till later in Q1.

By that time non-Foundation Series CT’s may already be being delivered in higher numbers in CA, TX and elsewhere.

Most WERE not. According to this article the poll was "In the weeks leading up to Elon Musk’s latest round of controversies.."
That number will go up and down and probably have little meaning at any point. A better poll would determine how many had developed hardened positions, and of those who say they are MORE inclined to buy now (or less inclined), what is that cohort’s actual propensity for following through on purchases.
This poll is as good as a survey monkey on Taylor Swift’s new outfit this week at the Chiefs game.
And with the catches dropped by her boyfriend lately, she's probably cost KC a return to the SB too. Person of the Year... right.
Just wait.

I believe the phrase is, "the truth will out"

Given time, and increasing production, folks will come around.

Hopefully at a rate that balances well with production increases.
Yeah, but will anyone believe it after this drivel that's been shoved at them. I tweeted to one of my favorite video journalists Erin Burnett after she repeated the company line today and never once said it was an OTA upgrade, which leaves non-Telsa owners thinking that 2 million cars will have to be driven to the service centre to correct this "defect* to express my disgust, but I doubt she'll ever read it. And then she interviewed Gayle King (whose 2 children own and love their Tesla's) and Charles Barkley (who hates the concept of self driving cars) and while Gayle was quite supportive of Tesla, Barkley did most of the talking, very derivative.

How do we get into these peoples heads? Maybe Jay Leno doing a special about how much he loves his Tesla(s)? Got to be something in prime time that's not a commercial or advertising and comes from the heart of someone who knows and can prove the truth to the American public... heck I'd even help finance it with one of my shares.

Gotta do something. Yes, the truth will come out ... to people who are actually looking for it and read past the headline.

Your interpretation is not necessarily correct.

The 1000 are Foundation Series CT’s. There may be other non-Foundation Series vehicles delivered before all the Foundation Series CT’s have been delivered.

For example, it’s time consuming to reach my island from a Tesla service center despite them not being that that far in physical space. Tesla folks might choose not to deliver my Foundation Series CT till later in Q1.

By that time non-Foundation Series CT’s may already be being delivered in higher numbers in CA, TX and elsewhere.
Some facts we know:

Those in TX and CA are the only ones who have ordered Foundation Series, their delivery estimates are Dec-Mar.

No one else has been able to configure a CT, yet.

We also know the ramp is incredibly slow and they will deliver less than 125k CTs next year, the estimates are between 30k (IMO way too low) and 100k.

All of that points to say that Tesla will not be delivering all backorders that don't cancel and new orders in 2024 like some here have suggested.

Some facts we know:

Those in TX and CA are the only ones who have ordered Foundation Series, their delivery estimates are Dec-Mar.

No one else has been able to configure a CT, yet.

We also know the ramp is incredibly slow and they will deliver less than 125k CTs next year, the estimates are between 30k (IMO way too low) and 100k.

All of that points to say that Tesla will not be delivering all backorders that don't cancel and new orders in 2024 like some here have suggested.
Hmm, here’s a fact: I ordered and configured my Foundation Series CT last Saturday and I’m a fair distance from both CA and TX. I got the Dec-Mar delivery window that mentioned only CA and TX deliveries until 2024…checks calendar…and that’s in about, um, 2 weeks. 😂

It’s important to see the world as it is, as opposed to how we’re, ah, inclined to see it.

Hmm, here’s a fact: I ordered and configured my Foundation Series CT last Saturday and I’m a fair distance from both CA and TX. I got the same Dec-Mar delivery window that mentioned only CA and TX deliveries until 2024…checks calendar…and that’s in about, um, 2 weeks. 😂
We're waiting and watching with bated breath! Please keep us posted my friend!

Hmm, here’s a fact: I ordered and configured my Foundation Series CT last Saturday and I’m a fair distance from both CA and TX. I got the same Dec-Mar delivery window that mentioned only CA and TX deliveries until 2024…checks calendar…and that’s in about, um, 2 weeks. 😂
Was your original reservation address in Cali or TX? There's a tracker on the CT forum and while some live in other places, everyone had reserved from California and Texas. Also, it points to specific Service Centers. There's some in California, day 1 holders, that aren't getting the e-mail. The assumption is that some SCs are trained for them.

If not, it's a good data point that the expansion has begun, even if very slowly.

I think when regular configurations start opening up, we will have an idea of how many can be delivered...that's assuming there's only going to be 1,000 Foundation Series, which I know many have said, but there's always a chance it increases.

Last edited:
Was your original reservation address in Cali or TX? There's a tracker on the CT forum and while some live in other places, everyone had reserved from California and Texas. Also, it points to specific Service Centers. There's some in California, day 1 holders, that aren't getting the e-mail. The assumption is that some SCs are trained for them.

If not, it's a good data point that the expansion has begun, even if very slowly.

I think when regular configurations start opening up, we will have an idea of how many can be delivered...that's assuming there's only going to be 1,000 Foundation Series, which I know many have said, but there's always a chance it increases.
Indeed, I did live in California when I reserved though I don’t recall entering a physical address when I did so though that was some time ago.

I didn’t see anything about a specific service center when I ordered and configured. I did receive the estimated delivery window mentioned previously.

I reserved fairly early during the reveal.

I don’t follow the CT forum or other forums.