Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another fun tidbit--Lars mentions that in addition to the Semis being run by Pepsi et al, Tesla has 'close to' 100 in their own fleet making Fremont/Nevada runs. I'm not sure how many I thought Tesla had in active internal use these days, but it wasn't ~100.
Another interesting tidbit is that Lars said he "Had to convivence Elon on that one." referring to 4-wheel steering, so Elon didn't want to include that.

Franz confirms over 2 million deposits/reservations for the CT.

This is important. Combined with Lars Moravy's statement to Sandy Munro that they only need the 9,000 ton gigapress for the rear castings (because Tesla tool'n'die maker/engineers have developed a way to make the CT front casting with the 6,500 ton gigapress - BTW they already have 4 of those in Austin).

Now Tesla already has 2 of the 9,000 ton gigapresses installed, so they can very quickly increase installed CT production capacity from 125K/yr (announced) to 250K/yr, just by adding a 2nd shift on the existing line.

A 2nd line takes Ct capacity to 1M/yr, but requires either more 9KT gigapresses, or more magic tricks from die-makers, or a combination of both. All I know is that if the orders are there, Tesla Engineering will make it happen. ;)

Jay Leno talks Cybertruck w. Telsa Execs Lars Moravy and Franz von Holtzhausen: topics include the roofrack, the tent, the 48V light bar, it's all there, plus an extended, wide-ranging conversation during the Ride-Along-With-Jay segment.

Cybertruck Easter Eggs, Features & Design | Jay Leno's Garage on Youtube

Must-see TV. ;)

Cheers!
Not a yoke, but rather a "squircle", lol

Last edited:
Don't ducking tell me Elon's involvement with X doesn't affect this company. An app (Disney) has now been taken off our cars due to Elon's ****ing ego. How about the CEO focus on the cars and let the owners decide what they want in them. POS.

I really, really, hate that he bought that damn platform.

This behavior needs to be known and talked about.

It seems D+ is only removed if you have never used the app in the car before. You can also add it back in the browser.

Is it petty? Sure, but it is no pettier than all the boycott by these Swedish unions. As long as it doesn't affect actual users of Disney Plus, then I don't see what the big deal is.

Another fun tidbit--Lars mentions that in addition to the Semis being run by Pepsi et al, Tesla has 'close to' 100 in their own fleet making Fremont/Nevada runs. I'm not sure how many I thought Tesla had in active internal use these days, but it wasn't ~100.

Years ago I posted an estimate here on TMC of the no. of tractors Telsa needs for its West-coast logistics: about 500. These are spread around between the Sparks<>Fremont run and the various ports and rail-heads. I think that's still a good estimate, especially once Tesla is operational with it's planned Western Megacharger Route from SFO to Austin (Tesla Semi Megachargers every 200 miles w. megapacks - solar to come later?)

Cheers!

supercharge.info
22 new Supercharger locations added in the US with permits since Saturday. The ramp just continues.
When will the government realize if you're trying to maximize tax payors money how much more effective Tesla is than any competitor.
Agree on the sentiment! Tesla bid on, and won, a number of NEVI projects (as reported many pages ago? in this thread). IMO the government should set requirements and bid them out, and evaluate the bids, which they did. Tesla did not bid on all of them-- one reason likely being the Superchargers are a more elegant solution than what the government specified (card readers, screens, etc.)

We know Tesla has their own map and plans underway. The likely bid on the NEVI ones that were near or in where they wanted to build Superchargers anyway. Can't prove it, but it seems to be the way they operate: head down, feet churning, pedals to the metals focused on The Plan for The Mission.
Personal note: Whenever I am down on the scale of the crisis and task ahead of us, I go to supercharge.info and marvel at the updates. IMO that is where the true progress is here on the Mission. Infrastructure is so big, slow, and expensive that only governments build it.... and yet Tesla is building it at scale and for profit. An underappreciated marvel.

Eventually NEVI will (hopefully!!!) help with that. It is intended to focus mainly on areas the corporate guys won't (areas of less traffic / lower income).

I'm surprised we haven't seen more semi videos with that many running around.