Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

So the Toyota was at fault.

“On December 28, 2023 at approximately 2:05 pm, CHP Redwood City units were dispatched to a two-vehicle crash on SR-35 (Skyline Boulevard), south of Page Mill Road. Our preliminary investigation indicates a Toyota Corolla was traveling south on SR-35 southbound, south of Page Mill Road, at an unknown speed, when the driver, for unknown reasons, turned to the right and subsequently struck a dirt embankment on the right shoulder. The Toyota then re-entered the roadway, crossed over the double yellow lines into the northbound lane, and crashed into a Tesla Cybertruck traveling north on SR-35 northbound.”

"...a Toyota Corolla was traveling south on SR-35 southbound, south of Page Mill Road, at an unknown speed, when the driver, for unknown reasons, turned to the right and subsequently struck a dirt embankment on the right shoulder. The Toyota then re-entered the roadway, crossed over the double yellow lines into the northbound lane, and crashed into a Tesla Cybertruck...”

Toyota's plan to overtake Tesla, obvsly. /s

[insert The Shining meme]

I reserved my CyberTruck the night of the event about 2+ hours in and my number is RN113026xxx. Not sure how within 2+ hours, I got 113xxxxxx when many others received. 112xxxxxx?
Very off topic, but

It could have been your form of payment. I heard people saying Apple Pay is the fastest way to confirm payment. I used a credit card and see it didn’t process until the next day. Even then I’m 11279xxxx

Finalized my CT order tonight. AWD, Jan to March delivery, Seattle area, Reservation 129***** (placed Nov 20th, 2019). Going to be a rough next few months waiting...and this is in the purchase agreement

View attachment 1003951

Good to see you posting in this thread again!
Hope to see your content here more often.

“On December 28, 2023 at approximately 2:05 pm, CHP Redwood City units were dispatched to a two-vehicle crash on SR-35 (Skyline Boulevard), south of Page Mill Road. Our preliminary investigation indicates a Toyota Corolla was traveling south on SR-35 southbound, south of Page Mill Road, at an unknown speed, when the driver, for unknown reasons, turned to the right and subsequently struck a dirt embankment on the right shoulder. The Toyota then re-entered the roadway, crossed over the double yellow lines into the northbound lane, and crashed into a Tesla Cybertruck traveling north on SR-35 northbound.”
I can only imagine the headlines today...

Low drama EoY from the Tesla side, no call for employee overtime, factory workers on showroom floors doing deliveries, customers helping with deliveries, Franz delivering cars, only small discounts on some models and low-key advertising on changing tax credits on others, etc. All those things were necessary in other years, at this level of maturity and execution, I think the lack of drama is a good sign for Tesla 2024.

First Cybertruck I’ve spotted in the wild, outside Charlotte NC. Here’s to a brisk production ramp!

IMG_0361.jpeg

The Electric Viking is reporting that 6,500 Teslas that arrived in Australia were not allowed to unload due to insects found on the cargo carrier. Port authorities instructed the carrier to return back to Shanghai where the cars would be offloaded, carrier cleaned, then cars reloaded for transport, so a month or so delay for delivery of these units, many of which were expected to be delivered for 2023. For perspective, that is one day worth of Tesla's total production for which deliveries will be made in Q1 2024 instead of Q4 2023.

Last edited:
Port authorities instructed the carrier to return back to Shanghai where the cars would be offloaded, carrier cleaned, then cars reloaded for transport, so a month or so delay for delivery of these units, many of which were expected to be delivered for 2023.
Interesting, but I would think that the insects would likely have gotten in/on the vehicles as well. Are they going to be cleaned as well? (Unless it was a localized infestation in a non-car carrying portion of the carrier.)

Reactions: ShareLofty

And while that Corolla was pretty banged up, the driver's side of the CT doesn't look too bad in thie quick glimpse we get from this dash cam video:

And while that Corolla was pretty banged up, the driver's side of the CT doesn't look too bad in thie quick glimpse we get from this dash cam video:

There is a better picture of the side in this post.

1703848527666-png.1004042

You can see that it appears that the thicker door panels held up better than the rest of the panels. (As would be expected.)