Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TMC has always been my “go to” for HODL confirmation. While 2023 was good, we still haven’t returned to ATH or recovered what the pirates stole from us. Luckily, I think Tesla will continue to push the envelope of “possible” for all of us in 2024 and beyond…

IMG_0232.gif

God I'm sitting on $45k from a Wells Fargo bond (3.55%) call and wish I could just buy more Tesla. Been a Tesla investor since 2012 but Musk's outside of the company antics make me really hesitant about anything Tesla. I was pleasantly surprised at the number CT's produced and believe the model 2 will be successful. Just not sure what else he will do/say next year. Guess money market for a while will be ok.

God I'm sitting on $45k from a Wells Fargo bond (3.55%) call and wish I could just buy more Tesla. Been a Tesla investor since 2012 but Musk's outside of the company antics make me really hesitant

God's not here, we have to make up our own minds. Antics? As told by the bought-and-paid-for-in-full Media? You really haven't noticed the massive PR campaign conducted against Musk companies? Fish & Wildlife much? Rural Starlink? IRA bait'n'switch? Killer bloody ROBOTS?!

And you still haven't decided who's right and who's lying about blunt-smoking, pedo-guy, misogynist, anti-semite tax-evader alien Musk? You clearly aren't groking the gravity of the Mission, and why Elon is on his horse.

It doesn't sound like you even believe there is a curtain, never mind looking for who's behind it.

God's not here, we have to make up our own minds. Antics? As told by the bought-and-paid-for-in-full Media? You really haven't noticed the massive PR campaign conducted against Musk companies? Fish & Wildlife much? Rural Starlink? IRA bait'n'switch? Killer bloody ROBOTS?!

And you still haven't decided who's right and who's lying about blunt-smoking, pedo-guy, misogynist, anti-semite tax-evader alien Musk? You clearly aren't groking the gravity of the Mission, and why Elon is on his horse.

It doesn't sound like you even believe there is a curtain, never mind looking for who's behind it.
Which is why he is only sitting on $45k

nominate for post of the year

This article was published in the NYT on August 28th, 2015:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/29/opinion/joe-nocera-the-tesla-cheerleader.html

Closing Price of TSLA Friday August 28th 2015: 248.48
Closing Price of TSLA Friday December 29th 2023: 248.48

Wow, that's amazing, it's the exact same price all these years later!

Oh, wait! Forgot to adjust for stock splits...lets see...3x split...5x split...

So TSLA has a 15x gain from the time they wrote that. Newspaper of Record indeed.

--Woof!

We have only 3 weeks to go until the massive yearly Jan 19 2024 options expiry, where open interest currently stands at a whopping 2,726,167 contracts. Max Pain stands at $220 (this will likely migrate slightly closer to the SP as we near the date). Given these two facts, it is very strongly in the interest of the market makers to pull tightly on the reigns on the SP until then. The FUD seems to be coming as fast now as late summer & fall of 2019, doesn't it? Eh, probably just coincidental.

Tesla earnings report isn't until Jan 24, 2024, after the Jan 19 Quad Witching expiry. Also, from a technical analysis perspective, sometime around late Jan the final 50:100 golden cross will inevitable occur (assuming SP stays over $250). There seems a lot of excitement in the air over V12.1, Cybertruck, Optimus, Highland coming to US, Juniper ramp in Shanghai, likely imminent India Gigafactory announcement in January, Megafactory in Shanghai breaking ground, GigaMexico breaking ground (not for certain, but very possibly soon), Model 2 entering production, factory expansions of all sorts at nearly every Gigafactory (as well as Lathrop Megafactory), potential for Auto and Energy and perhaps even Services to suprise Q4 earnings...etc etc. You get the point. If a number of these imminent catalysts were to occur in close succession (perhaps even purposely...as if some 4D Chessmaster was coordinating them), the sweet sweet fragrance of Burnt Hair will certainly fill the air.

"One man has them totally surrounded, outnumbered, and outgunned. Elon Musk. " - Jack (may he rest in peace)

Happy Early New Year everyone. I am grateful to all of you over the years for the perspectives and entertainment you have provided. I usually start and end my day here, obsessively. I truly value and respect you all so very much. HODL!
To use another of Jack's expressions, In 2024 Tesla will be "off the chain". He saw this clearly before he passed.

So TSLA has a 15x gain from the time they wrote that. Newspaper of Record indeed.

--Woof!
The comments read like Jonestown supporters. Wow.

So TSLA has a 15x gain from the time they wrote that

Don't forget to account for 1.6x dilution (4 rounds of cap raises, stock-based comp. for employees and execs, plus Elon's 2012/18 CEO Comp. Plan).

On Dec 31, 2015, TSLA market cap was $31.5B, based on 1.97B shares (split adjusted) $16 per share. So yeah the share price is up 15x but TSLA's Mkt Cap gain is 25x.

Cheers!

Guesstimate of USA timeline:

Size of dev team:
1/10 equals small
10/10 equals huge

• Jan 24
    • CT - 7/10 (first customer deliveries)
    • Highland 2/10
    • Juniper 1/10
    • Bot 2/10
    • M2 1/10
    • Total - 13
  • Apr 24
    • CT - 5/10
    • Highland 5/10 (first USA customer deliveries)
    • Juniper 1/10
    • Bot 3/10
    • M2 1/10
    • Total - 15
  • Jul 24
    • CT - 3/10
    • Highland 5/10
    • Juniper 2/10 (China ramp only)
    • Bot 4/10
    • M2 3/10
    • Total - 17
  • Oct 24
    • CT - 2/10
    • Highland 4/10
    • Juniper 3/10
    • Bot 5/10
    • M2 5/10
    • Total - 16
  • Jan 25
    • CT - 2/10
    • Highland 3/10
    • Juniper 4/10 (first customer deliveries)
    • Bot 5/10
    • M2 7/10
    • Total - 23
  • Apr 25
    • CT - 1/10
    • Highland 1/10
    • Juniper 4/10
    • Bot 5/10
    • M2 10/10 (first customer deliveries)
    • Total - 24
  • Jul 25
    • CT - 1/10
    • Highland 1/10
    • Juniper 2/10
    • Bot 7/10
    • M2 10/10
    • Total - 21

--Woof!
This was on the Op-Ed page. It was his opinion, not endorsed by the NYT.