Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I’ll offer bets that Superchargers there will begin in 2024.
Faster than for Baja, which was lacking when Tesla did a Cybertruck run there, using icky fossil fuels
to help the cause? (Aside: years ago I went there to see a total solar eclipse, memorably carrying 5 gallon
cans of fuel into the Sonoran desert "just in case".) If Tesla is ramping up a factory in Estados Unidos Mexicanos,
it only makes sense to sprinkle a few Superchargers around south of the border in Baja "California".

Last edited:
This is not true.
Average weekly production for Berlin was:
Q1 - 3,100
Q2 - 3,600
Q3 - 4,300
Q4 - 4,400 (with one week shutdown)
I'll trust your numbers more than mine, I admit I just read the public announcements on X in February and March. There were no more news after those, in 2023:
1. 4k in a week: 2. 5k in a week: Can I ask you where did you find your rates?

Thanks for posting this; I never saw this back in 2019.

Is there some video where Mr Spiegel publicly eats crow?

He was wrong on literally every talking point he was making.
I believe it’s his family eating crow and whatever else they can scavenge as Stanphyl was basically his parents assets that made up his “investment fund” that produced huge losses thanks to his obsession with shorting TSLA.

You get bonus points for that attitude. It’s a wonderful way to be. I just happen to think most people don’t warrant or deserve to be listened to. I give them 30s to say something profound, intelligent, logical, reasonable, interesting, fascinating or not. Most land in the not category and then I pull the Tesla over and tell them to get out. 🤷🏻‍ You drove the guy to his destination, didn’t you? You’re a better human being than I.
I wouldn't say I am a wonderful human being. More like I am a hoarder and I like to extract all the information I can first. For ex. I'd piss them off on purpose sometimes so I can extract confidential information from them when they spew things out of anger. It's a bad habit I have from growing up poor. Pulling over and telling them to get out would reveal too much what my actual worth is and blew my humble nobody cover.

Again in an RPG example. I am the one clicking on every trash I can click on so I can sort and store every pebble and grass I find.

There are 3 major decisions I made in my life that led me to where I am today. And I was led to those 3 decisions by this attitude.

Can I ask you where did you find your rates?
Nevermind, I found this from @Troy, my napkin math checks out.
1704533517263.png

Last edited:
Uh, no. They are annoyed because as Elon has revealed who he is, it turns out he's a great engineer but a despicable human being.

Strong words. When looking at what Elon has done as a collective, his positives greatly outweigh his negatives. Yes he says things from time to time which aren't very value added nor polite, but he also says a LOT more which is benign or even positive. The negative simply gets amplified above the rest.

If you truly believe Elon is a "despicable human being" then you either aren't paying complete attention or you are trying to push an agenda. Perhaps you should sell all of your TSLA so as not to support someone you view as such a terrible person? 🤔

Uh, no. They are annoyed because as Elon has revealed who he is, it turns out he's a great engineer but a despicable human being.
The old phrase comes to mind:
"The right think the left are wrong. The left think the right are evil."
I dont agree with elon on everything, but on the whole he seems to be passionate, intelligent, hard-working and analytical. Properties that are sadly absent in so many senior politicians. Also, unlike Apple, GM, Facebook etc, In Tesla I know what the CEO really thinks and believes in. Thats reassuring.

2-yr old Tesla Model S Plaid bests $250K Lucid Air Sapphire 3/3 in qtr mile drag races:

Lucid Air SAPPHIRE vs Tesla Plaid! 1234HP vs 1020! 1430 lb-ft vs 1050! 1/4 Mile! 8.9? 3 Races in 4K | Tesla Plaid Channel (3 hrs ago)

Saphire has 1,234 hp but weighs 5,300 lbs. Plaid S beats it out of the hole every time.

Cheers!
Pro’s of overdoing it with battery is higher capacity and range number…superficial outputs that readily resonate with many. Con’s of course are greater weight and cost, outputs that are conveniently neglected as efficiency requires thoughtful appreciation and cost minimization isn’t top of mind to Lucid (it’s willing to lose great amount of money on every vehicle it sells per current exit strategy). While some of us are car aficionados; others are also investors. To the latter of us, one company is clearly superior.

10-15 years from now maybe Tesla is an AI/robotics company, but today, TODAY, they are an energy company.
Aren't they increasingly similar subjects? Elon is talking about AI in terms of GW and MW, transformers, inverters, and the like. Even in the short term (1.5-2 years). AI data centers are being collocated with car and bot manufacturing facilities, photovoltaics, and megapacks. Done well, these are tightly integrated. This plays to Tesla's core competencies.

Last edited:
Aren't they increasingly similar subjects? Elon is talking about AI in terms of GW and MW, transformers, inverters, and the like. AI data centers are being collocated with car and bot manufacturing facilities, photovoltaics, and megapacks. Done well, these are tightly integrated. This plays to Tesla's core competencies.
This discussion reminds me of Amazon; who would have thunk years ago that the word coming to mind when thinking of Amazon is cloud computing. Along an entity’s journey, needs arise. Some present an opportunity to advance, lead, and monetize. While I see the same with Tesla, I like to think it’s a bit more discriminating than Amazon.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
I was a lurker in Jan 2019 and joined later in Aug of that year. I now realize this place was much funnier before I arrived.
An accountant always ruins the party.

View attachment 1006553
I'm sure you could offer some accountant jokes to make up for it. But then again; let's not go down that road.

"How many VW engineers does it take to change a light bulb?

"None, they refuse to see the light" 😉

This discussion reminds me of Amazon; who would have thunk years ago that the word coming to mind when thinking of Amazon is cloud computing. Along an entity’s journey, needs arise. Some present an opportunity to advance, lead, and monetize. While I see the same with Tesla, I like to think it’s a bit more discriminating than Amazon.
In hindsight, it seems that Amazon wasn't working on the base technology. It wasn't cloud computing, or even silicon. It was energy. I think it's no coincidence that Microsoft is starting to talk about nuclear power investments, even though I think that's a bit misdirected because it can't be brought online quickly. Microsoft looks out a year or two and sees an insatiable hunger for energy for its AI data centers. Note that Microsoft spent $10 billion for capital investments in the latest quarter, so there are big numbers involved.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
I was a lurker in Jan 2019 and joined later in Aug of that year. I now realize this place was much funnier before I arrived.
An accountant always ruins the party.
Not even remotely. Accountants provide humour.
An engineer, a mathematician, and an accountant apply for a job.
The interviewer asks the engineer "How much is 2+2". The engineer whips out his calculator and replies 4.
The mathematician takes his notepad out and replies 4.
The accountant looks around, goes to the door, opens it, looks around and closes it. Goes back to the interviewer and whispers, "What would you like it to be".