Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 Vs TSLA bears:
1704574366794.png

2023:

2024?:
1704574507575.png

Tesla person talking to 2 casting experts (one seems to have been a supplier who was sent documents to quote for, he compared the experience to a European car OEM's wad of docs plus waiting months for decisions and purchase orders leaving his company in limbo with resulting costs).

I seem to recognise the tesla person, maybe from Munro texas tour, maybe from earlier Tesla event.

Talking about suppliers, agility, culture, recruitment. At around 45-50 minutes in, there's animated and friendly discussion on tesla no ego culture.

Late in Q2 2023 there were reports Tesla was in talks to set up a $4.5B Euro Gigafactory near Valencia in Spain. The plans were abruptly scrapped later in June because the plans were leaked to the media. Then in July, perhaps unrelated, Tesla announced the expansion of Berlin to 1M car capacity. I'm not sure if this was posted in Nobember, but Tesla has created a holding company in Spain which COULD indicate further interest in a future Gigafactory.

Has anyone thought about doing some rough calculations how much steel will Tesla need for the next decade/s, if all the new models will use CT style panels?

If, like the CT, the new models will be 30XSS, a lot of SS will be needed. Wondering what is best, buying it from a mill/s or actually buying a producer/s of SS and streamline it for their own use.

Reactions: navguy12 and unk45
Has anyone thought about doing some rough calculations how much steel will Tesla need for the next decade/s, if all the new models will use CT style panels?

If, like the CT, the new models will be 30XSS, a lot of SS will be needed. Wondering what is best, buying it from a mill/s or actually buying a producer/s of SS and streamline it for their own use.

A few years back there was a steel mill being built at Sinton, TX, about halfway between GigaAustin and the Starbase.

At the time the company denied having any contracts with Tesla. Haven't heard much about it since.

Teslascope has written a pretty long post regarding FSD v12:

TLDR:

1. Hopeful for FSD v12 Beta release to non-employees by end of Jan
2. As of this weekend, Tesla has begun internal testing of Actually Smart Summon (ASS) on company-owned vehicles based on V12's end-to-end architecture.
3. High likelihood of ASS (Actually Smart Summon) by end of Q1
4. FSD v12 wave 1 (employees) responses are as follows:

1704599406268.png

Another hit job , they are desperate MSM shooting themselves in the foot

Cancelled my subscription again !!!

It’s sad that this is what passes as journalism these days. Seems like this agenda against Musk continues to run deep… what nonsense to publish when it just rehashes previous episodes and has nothing new factually.

I hate that I clicked on it and read the whole thing too.

Tesla watchers have expected a smaller battery for the Model 2 for years, this is not exactly news.

What would be news is that, say, Tesla has a new 'hot-climate' chemistry ideal for li-ion batteries in like, oh, South Asia. Like the formula Dr. Jeff Dahn is testing right now that delivers thousands of cycles at 60°C w/o degradation.

That'd be actual news, but would also be so far over the heads of media headline
'baiters that they wouldn't even write the article... ;)

Cheers!

Strong words. When looking at what Elon has done as a collective, his positives greatly outweigh his negatives.
Yup, agreed. But as it's a weekend, I'll respond to your other points.
Yes he says things from time to time which aren't very value added nor polite, but he also says a LOT more which is benign or even positive.
Sure. He praises his teams, he talks about what his businesses have done and will do. He answers questions about his businesses, etc. That's the stuff he should be talking about.

And then he talks about things about which he knows little and understands less. That's where he goes off the rails.

The negative simply gets amplified above the rest.
For the general public, sure. But I learned long ago to ignore all the noise and just look at what Musk/Tesla actually says. Since I've been following Tesla obsessively since 2013, I've pretty much seen all the FUD. I don't even look at it any more except to see where the fools get the grist for their mills.

If you truly believe Elon is a "despicable human being" then you either aren't paying complete attention or you are trying to push an agenda. Perhaps you should sell all of your TSLA so as not to support someone you view as such a terrible person?
Well, it's taken years of Musk saying more and more egregious things to get me to where I am today. As I've pretty much read or watched everything he's said since 2013, I'd say I've got a fair amount of material to work with.

Being despicable is not unprecedented amongst automotive geniuses you know. Henry Ford became America's biggest Nazi fan. How did that happen? Was he always that way? Is it excusable because "his positives greatly outweigh his negatives"?

So, no, I can't actually tell whether Elon has been a despicable human being all along and has only recently, in the past few years, gradually revealed himself. Or whether he's changed over time. With the constant abuse he's received from the media and the public that wouldn't surprise me. He's certainly been a prime example of "No good deed goes unpunished." That wears on a person.

Or maybe he's become more and more convinced that he's living in a simulation and the only reasonable way to win is to treat all but a select few people as NPCs? This could lead to the symptoms he exhibits, where he says he "loves humanity" but apparently has no use or respect for any actual people who don't serve his purposes.

As to selling my huge TSLA investment. Why? Tesla behaves pretty reasonably as a company, in general much more reasonably than their competition. What I have done is significantly curtail my responding to FUD, especially Elon FUD. If Elon is going to say the awful things he does, I'm not going to defend him when people lie about him.

Another hit job , they are desperate MSM shooting themselves in the foot

Cancelled my subscription again !!!

The article claims Elon Musk repeatedly called BFR "Big F-cking Rocket" in a 2018 SpaceX company meeting, and uses this as evidence that he's on drugs. But everybody in the space community already knows BFR does officially stand for "Big F-cking Rocket", this is a well known fact for more than 10 years, for example from the 2014 article Battle of the Heavyweight Rockets – SLS could face Exploration Class rival:
The SpaceX Super Heavy Lift Launch Vehicle (SHLV) – which does not yet have an official name, but is widely known in the space community as the BFR (Big ‘Frakking’ Rocket) – would be very big and very powerful indeed.

By 2018 even mainstream media knows this, for example from the article Elon Musk's Victory Lap:
Now, he said, the focus—and the resources—will be on the BFR, the company’s next, and even bigger, rocket, which stands for “big” and “rocket” and, well, you can guess what the F stands for.

Yet here we're in 2024 and this basic fact is being perverted as "proof" that Elon is on drugs, this is why I don't take any criticism of him seriously, because when I look at the part that I have good knowledge of, it's all outrageous lies like this.