Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
have we hit lower support yet? Isn’t it just a bit over 230 and then positive news is allowed @Artful Dodger. This is sort of how it works, right?

Haha, no treble, because it's all about that bass... :D

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2024-01-09.16-15.png

Hint: Toni Scaramouche already told the Market that CT won't 'save' TSLA (and he said that BEFORE the delivery event on Nov 30). Wall-E has no problem maintaining a multi-year lie, then they move the goal-posts (all-news-is-bad-news).

While they ignore the actual CT ramp and automation, 4680 production going exponential, TE doubling every year for at least 3 years, and Model 2 incoming, etc. And Hedge funds simply 'off-shore' their stale naked shorts to avoid SEC reporting requirements for FTDs...

yup, MMs have the life of Reilly, until Elon declares a cash dividend. The day is coming. :D

Cheers to the Longs!

Cybertruck Charging Curve - Where it is vs where it needs to be

Now that we have a bit of data, I went on to analyze and extrapolate from it, main source is @ryanshawtech review with a few complimentary points extracted from @itskyleconner videos

The current charge curve isn't great to say the least, but we have @larsmoravy saying it will do 15% to 85% in 18 to 20 minutes, so the question is, what the charge curve has too look like for that to be true? This is what I went on to find out

For that to happen on a V4 Supercharger, it has to maintain 350 kW up to 57%, doing 10% to 80% in 17 minutesIf we just cut the curve for a V3 Supercharger with 255 kW, it should maintain that up to 69% (nice) and takes 21 minutes for the same SoC interval

Both cut the charge time in half or more from where it stands todayNow, I would be impressed if this actually happened with trucks that are on the street today. Why? If they will improve that much, why launch them with such a bad charging curve? Maybe the full charging session with service mode enable from @itskyleconner will shine some light on it when we look at cell temperatures

Or indeed the first ones won't get better due to some constrain, be it due to cell, pack or both, which would be a huge letdown for early owners that are paying a premium. Would the rumored new chemistry that is in transition right now result is this much improvement? Are the first packs using 4680 gen 1 cells? Too many question with no answers in sight

CybertruckImprovedChargingCurve.png

Would the rumored new chemistry that is in transition right now result is this much improvement?
My understanding is that the new chemistry is changes to the Cathode which improve energy density, there may be corresponding changes in the Anode (e.g. thicker) which might result in faster charging..

Lars may have been talking about the current pack, charging speeds will improve, The initial charging speeds could be reduced for some (likely temporary) reasons. It is possible that a future software update will unlock faster charging.

Charging speed and range are not as important as many assume they are, I regularly had lunch when charging on the road and I always needed to come back in the middle of lunch to unplug and move the car.

Cybertruck demand exceeds production capacity and that will probably continue..

The primary concern would be towing a large heavy trailer with a lot of drag, long distances. For the small percentage of the population that need to do that, ASAP, Cybertruck might not yet be suitable for that role.

Yeah right, just one platform as an information source for everyone, what could go wrong as long as Elon is in charge 😂

Why do people have to go to extremes all of the time? This kind of posting here is the same as the critized media´s click-bait headlines, trying to get attention and obviously it works.
What’s the difference? X as the only source - some people believe, some don’t.

What we have now - some believe this one but not that one etc…

One or twelve, what changes? Repeat after me; nothing changes. Nobody can be trusted to be truthful. Ever.

The Gujarat Summit in India begins tomorrow. All eyes on Jan 12th for the seemingly imminent GigaGujarat announcement (see midway down the schedule). Next most likely is "after the 10-K" talk Elon promised via X a week back.

GCdRQUwXMAAIx6m.jpeg

Some interesting further speculation in the below article as APSEZ, the operator of Mundra Port, selected Ashwandi Gupta, the former global Chief Operating Officer at Nissan Motors, as the new Chief Executive Officer. The article speculates this is perhaps a “sign of things to come”...

For those unfamiliar with Gautam Adani: Adani was just behind Elon Musk in wealth last year; then (SOURCE: Forbes Richest) he fell from third richest in the world on January 24, 2023. He is ranked No. 16 in the world as of January 1, 2024

Kinda OT: As I watched "Chernobyl" for the first time the other night (awesome series), I was struck by this quote from Vasily Legasov and thought to myself, is this what some of the forced Tesla naysayers think about themselves?

Legasov: "I've already trod on dangerous ground. We're on dangerous ground right now, because of our secrets and our lies. They're practically what define us. When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there. But it is...still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how...an RBMK reactor core explodes: Lies.”

Kinda OT: As I watched "Chernobyl" for the first time the other night (awesome series), I was struck by this quote from Vasily Legasov and thought to myself, is this what some of the forced Tesla naysayers think about themselves?

Legasov: "I've already trod on dangerous ground. We're on dangerous ground right now, because of our secrets and our lies. They're practically what define us. When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there. But it is...still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how...an RBMK reactor core explodes: Lies.”
This would certainly resonate with the likes of Chanos.

What are folks thoughts on when we will see earnings start to move upward again? Seems like we're stuck at this ~price until earnings move because I don't see WS giving us more P/E regardless of the other magnificent 7...

STOCKRATINGMKT CAPP/EEPS
AAPLNeutral2.879T30.26.16
MSFTStrong Buy2.793T36.3910.37
GOOGStrong Buy1.773T27.335.25
AMZNStrong Buy1.564T79.041.95
NVDAStrong Buy1.313T70.167.65
METABuy918.5B31.5511.5
TSLASell746.9B75.663.41

I thought the "rating" column was comical, so I left that in the chart 🤣

Last edited:
What are folks thoughts on when we will see earnings start to move upward again? Seems like we're stuck at this price until earnings move because I don't see WS giving us more P/E regardless of the other magnificent 7...

STOCKRATINGMKT CAPP/EEPS
AAPLNeutral2.879T30.26.16
MSFTStrong Buy2.793T36.3910.37
GOOGStrong Buy1.773T27.335.25
AMZNStrong Buy1.564T79.041.95
NVDAStrong Buy1.313T70.167.65
METABuy918.5B31.5511.5
TSLASell746.9B75.663.41

I thought the "rating" column was comical, so I left that in the chart 🤣

Recall the summer of 2019 when 40% of analysts slapped a "sell" rating on Tesla. It coincided FUD being released at an accelerating pace. The spring continues to compress. The difference today is a nearly complete lack of existential risk with TSLA.

Recall the summer of 2019 when 40% of analysts slapped a "sell" rating on Tesla. It coincided FUD being released at an accelerating pace. The spring continues to compress. The difference today is a nearly complete lack of existential risk with TSLA.
Tesla bringing such a bet as the CT to life indicates Tesla’s well past having reached escape velocity.

Can we imagine any legacy automakers, including near 100-years-old ones, doing anything that revolutionary?