Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, they published my question... for real!

1705540306292.png

This is a good video that goes into depth on the Chicago charging situation. The thing I didn't realize was the degree to which the rideshare drivers were a big part of the problem. They often rent an EV and don't have access to L2 at home. So there is a glut of them arriving at DC chargers in the extreme cold and they don't know about preconditioning. Also, because of the cold, charging takes longer, leading to longer stays, which leads to longer lines. Plus, in this weather, the chargers are more likely to be out of order.

More access to L2 at apartments would be a huge help so these Uber/Lyft drivers can charge over night.

Any of you guys have other Tesla newsy episodes you like to listen to in this post Tesla Daily world?

Unfortunately most of the daily tesla news/opinion people are ridiculously over-optimistic hyperbulls, which is understandable given those are the type of people most likely to put in the effort to do a daily news show devoted to tesla.

However there is a fantastic account on X - @SERobinsonjr - who authors an in depth daily post called “what is really happening with Elon Musk's companies today” which posts an exhaustive list of news about Tesla & SpaceX etc.

Probably the best replacement for Robs daily podcast/video (speaking for myself at least).

Here is todays for example, which comes in at 1,120 words:

Last edited:
Tesla could absolutely see an excess of 5 Billion in profits from the Bot per year. You are right that as competition comes, there will be price and margin compression. This is simply 1 example of many, many tasks that could be automated. But each year that goes by, the capabilities of the Bot will grow non-linearly and can be sold into new markets.

If the AI scales in that way, the market will truly be supply limited for a long while. Given their hardware / software competency, I fully expect a Tesla Bot factory in whichever market to be COGs competitive. Gross margins will certainly not stay at 50%, but even downward pressure alongside massive growth in revenues can ultimately lead to tens of billions in annual profts while only reaching 10-20% bot market share.

I have posted my detailed, highly speculative thoughts here:- Tesla Optimus Sub-Prime Robot

Rebellionaire is just about the only Tesla centric YouTube channel I can stomach these days. He just had Larry Goldberg on as a guest discussing Elons ownership demands. Larry opined that his best idea to get Elons ownership to 25% would be splitting Starlink between Tesla and SpaceX. I kind of like the idea, but think there's basically zero percent chance that Elon would agree to that.

Rebellionaire is just about the only Tesla centric YouTube channel I can stomach these days. He just had Larry Goldberg on as a guest discussing Elons ownership demands. Larry opined that his best idea to get Elons ownership to 25% would be splitting Starlink between Tesla and SpaceX. I kind of like the idea, but think there's basically zero percent chance that Elon would agree to that.

That is an interesting idea! Starlink has already been heavily rumored to be spun off from SpaceX at some stage anyway, and its current revenue and growth rate would warrant a high enough valuation for the offered shares to enable something close to Musks desired ~25% TSLA control amount.

(The more obvious cleaner move would be for tesla to buy Xai in an all stock purchase, but that transaction for the amount needed to get Musk to the 25% level is somewhat dubious considering the minimal revenue/adoption of Grok)

Any of you guys have other Tesla newsy episodes you like to listen to in this post Tesla Daily world?
The "China Observer" is a Youtuber I happen to come across a few times now. It's a lot about how terrible business is doing in China. Sometimes talks about EVs or Auto not moving/prices dropping fast, and about lots of EVs parked. It looks like "The Sky is Falling" typical youtube but it gets into capture the people and streets, then translated to English. Basically post-covid startup isn't happening in China as planned, massive layoffs, many have moved back to their homes in the mountains.

So if China's not making stuff... that sure sounds like inflationitis to me. Anyway, take it with a grain of salt, but interesting stuff inside. Got me a bit nervous along with some others on the economy in general.

Lol, they published my question... for real!

View attachment 1009895

I can answer for you!

It all depends. How much water did you bring? And how many granola bars? And is there a bucket in the car? If you have a sufficient supply of water and granola bars, you can live inside a Model 3 for as long as you are willing to stay there after you start using the bucket.

I am happily here to report that even with our beloved $TSLA in the red to start 2024 and everything just seems to be negative these days, we need to take a moment to be thankful for everything we have and the bright future Tesla has ahead. It's times like this where some will question their investment in $TSLA and 'think' to sell due to being 'scared'.
I am here to give you the ultimate BTFD signal....thank me later:

That is an interesting idea! Starlink has already been heavily rumored to be spun off from SpaceX at some stage anyway, and its current revenue and growth rate would warrant a high enough valuation for the offered shares to enable something close to Musks desired ~25% TSLA control amount.

(The more obvious cleaner move would be for tesla to buy Xai in an all stock purchase, but that transaction for the amount needed to get Musk to the 25% level is somewhat dubious considering the minimal revenue/adoption of Grok)

Musk owns about 45% of SpaceX. I think he owns 18% of Tesla fully diluted. It’s hard to make a case that 45% of starlink is worth 7% of Tesla. Sure, starlink has grown quite a bit since inception but at some point, it will saturate the market. Telcos always do. It’s anyone’s guess what that point is.

Musk owns about 45% of SpaceX. I think he owns 18% of Tesla fully diluted. It’s hard to make a case that 45% of starlink is worth 7% of Tesla. Sure, starlink has grown quite a bit since inception but at some point, it will saturate the market. Telcos always do. It’s anyone’s guess what that point is.
My proposal here would be adaptable to that approach:- Elon Compensation Package

The point being a smaller (Tesla-AI) entity, perhaps with different share ownership classes, is much more adaptable to 25% voting control.

TLDR:-
  • 10,000 profitable working Robotaxis are the trigger for splitting off a separate Tesla-AI company. (Dojo + Optimus)
  • Every non-synthetic share in Tesla is automatically granted a share in Tesla-AI (You still own Dojo + Optimus) (Is something burning?)
  • X-ai is merged into Tesla-AI acquiring Grok and increasing Elon's voting rights in Tesla-AI.
  • (Starlnk could be merged into Tesla-AI increasing Elon's voting rights - but it doesn't really fit).
  • Elon has a separate rewards package for Tesla-AI with different targets... this increases Elon's voting rights in Tesla-AI, but not Tesla.
if you wish to comment, please do so in the purpose built thread.

Last edited:
I'll chime in. These are just my personal opinions.

Must watch every day/week:
- Electrified
- Best in Tesla
- Now You Know

Other good daily Tesla news videos:
- Brighter with Herbert Ong
- Matt Pocius
- Jacob Hilton
- Solving the Money Problem
- Ryan Shaw
- Farzad Mesbahi

TSLA techical stock price analysis:
- The Stocks Channel
- Access A Trader
- Wicked Stocks
- Daily Trader

There are so many more. But these are what are on my subscription list. These are all either pro-Tesla or neutral. The ones I tend to stay away from are the ridiculously optimistic viewpoints. I include Warren Redlich and Randy Kirk in this group -- just not my cup of tea. Some would include Herbert Ong and Solving the Money Problem in this group as well, but I find them informative (Herbert Ong) and/or entertaining (Solving the Money Problem).
I agree with the list as well, with extra attention given when Jeff Lutz is on Randy's show on Wednesday. I'll also listen when he chimes in on the weekly Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley episodes. He seems pretty level-headed and his past supply chain history gives credibility to his input.

In Norway the EV Owners Club think 95% of cars sold will be EVs this year.

So because of this trend 38% of our car brands are only selling EVs this year:

BYD
Citroën
Cupra
DS Automobiles
Fiat
Fisker
HiPhi
Hongqi
Hyundai
Jac
Lexus
Lotus
Lucid
Nio
Maxus
MG
Opel
Peugeot
Polestar
Seres
Smart
Subaru
Tesla
Volkswagen
Voyah
Zeekr
Xpeng

and many of the others are almost there. As you can see from the list we have many new chinese brands here. And several only sold a marginal number of cars last year.

For a list of what the other brands like Ford and Toyota are offering here there is much more detailed info in this article:

27 bilmerker selger nå bare elbiler

We had a pretty decent snowfall yesterday, I'd guess around 7cm, which is a lot compared to recent years. Had to go out in the thick of it yesterday a couple of times to drop and collect my daughter from a baby-sitting job

Needless to say, the roads were pretty treacherous, but my MX Plaid was extremely well behaved - I ahem the Tesla stock winter Pirellis fitted. Couldn't say the same for all the ICE driving super slow, struggling oil slopes, pull-over, blocking the street

With all this cold-weather charging talk in mind, well it was -7C overnight, now -1, so I just conducted an experiment on the wife's MYLR, which was already charged to 90%. Single-phase Tesla fast-charger maxed-out at 32A, with the cable from the garage buried in the snow. It took 17 minutes to pre-heat they battery, during which time it added a couple of kms range, then it immediately flipped to 40kmph rate

And yes, I know, wife hasn't named her car, autistic Danes...

1705576772841.png

1705576411913.png