Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am waiting to buy more when an insiders start buying.
That should be a reliable signal.
How many percent of their liquid net worth do the insiders already have in TSLA? Less than 10%?

People blame Elon for rebalancing his portfolio when he still is a lot deeper into the stock than any sane person would be and often the people who blame him are not as deep.

Honestly, one of the things that encourages me to keep the faith in Tesla is what I see at GigaTexas with regard to construction. I mean it is CONSTANT and SIGNIFICANT. The daily spend on buildout there must be enormous. None of that screams "company in trouble" or "company expects drop in demand". Indeed, it feels more like "we have to keep building as smart and fast as we can". GigaMexico's delay feels more like a short term delay so they can go b*lls out later on with a final product they perfect in Texas. It feels like URGENCY.

I'm still hoping for a good earnings call.... if it gets "wacky", then I'm going to be beyond frustrated.

I want to hear discipline, fortitude to navigate choppy waters (i.e., bad sentiment for EVs), something about cold weather plans (Chicago winter FUD), resolution on Elon's comp package, 4680 ramp, etc. Hopefully some enthusiasm from the new CFO.

Am I going to be disappointed?

I'm still hoping for a good earnings call.... if it gets "wacky", then I'm going to be beyond frustrated.

I want to hear discipline, fortitude to navigate choppy waters (i.e., bad sentiment for EVs), something about cold weather plans (Chicago winter FUD), resolution on Elon's comp package, 4680 ramp, etc. Hopefully some enthusiasm from the new CFO.

It depends on which Elon we get.

Yes, you are. There is no chance of getting a resolution on his comp package as the court hasn't ruled on the shareholder suit from the prior one yet. (I don't expect them to say anything about the Chicago FUD either, it really isn't relevant to the call.)

In case this is helpful - if not holler!

1705691418074.png

& S&P at all time high.

Vanguard index (VWUSX) I jumped back on Oct 31st is up more than 26% ... and TSLA in timeout , doldrum mode ...

Does TSLA touch $300 in 2024 .. sad to even be thinking this way :(
I keep telling myself "Good things come to those that wait, be greedy when everyone else is fearful...." something along those lines
🥴 🥴 🥴

How many percent of their liquid net worth do the insiders already have in TSLA? Less than 10%?

People blame Elon for rebalancing his portfolio when he still is a lot deeper into the stock than any sane person would be and often the people who blame him are not as deep.
Wonder what percentage you fine folks have your net worth tied up in TSLA?

Me I'm well over 90%.

& S&P at all time high.

Vanguard index (VWUSX) I jumped back on Oct 31st is up more than 26% ... and TSLA in timeout , doldrum mode ...

Does TSLA touch $300 in 2024 .. sad to even be thinking this way :(

Last year I predicted that the stock would hit 250 in 2023 and 350 in 2024. I also expected to see about a year of bad earnings reports due to macroeconomic factors, then a recovery to new highs. Q3 was bad as expected, and so will Q4. We're going to have 2 more rounds of weak earnings due to weak demands, but prices will land on a competitive position against ICEs, at which point Tesla won't need to do any further price cuts and profits will be back on the upswing. Whether the stock will recover in time to hit 350 by the end of the year, let's watch. But if anyone expects improved earnings in the next 2 quarters, they're in for a tough ride.