Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Warning, Off topic, but I think interesting for many.
TV’s are at the bottom of that interesting inflation graph, but there is a huge catch!

What a lot of people do not know, is that the current smart TV’s are cheap because you pay yourself for that price reduction.
These new TV’s gather data about all your viewing habits, and that data is consequently sold by the manufacturers of the TV's.
All in the ‘small letters’ that you accept when you are so very eager to watch how your new smart TV is performing.

Just get a free subscription on NextDNS and have a look at the many websites your TV (LG, Samsung, Philips or whatever brand) is connecting to, all the time. You will be unpleasantly surprised.
The NextDNS subscription is only free for a limited amount of data, but that is in my experience sufficient if you are using it just for one TV.
Also not difficult to set up and still receive the updates for your TV.
Hope this helps a lot of people with recapturing some privacy.
What are you watching on your TV that you feel needs to be kept a secret!? You don’t want people to know you’re watching The Bachelor?

You've missed the point.

It's not about the lousy $1,500, it's about how the heck it happened that Tesla sold a non-existent MS configuration in the first place, and how this Tesla location (and regional management team?) became worse than a Buy Here/Pay Here, rip off dealership with the ethics found at used car sales emporiums.

This sort of rot is corrosive to our Tesla brand, and it's safe to assume that if it's happening at one, it is NOT the only place . . . .
You’re being overly dramatic.

You've missed the point.

It's not about the lousy $1,500, it's about how the heck it happened that Tesla sold a non-existent MS configuration in the first place, and how this Tesla location (and regional management team?) became worse than a Buy Here/Pay Here, rip off dealership with the ethics found at used car sales emporiums.

This sort of rot is corrosive to our Tesla brand, and it's safe to assume that if it's happening at one, it is NOT the only place . . . .

Caca occurs.

It is an isolated incident, rather than one on a long list of repeated behavior.

Perhaps, you are unaware that on very rare occasions a human being might make a mistake.

People, are a problem. That, at least, has been demonstrated beyond any shadow of a doubt.

1706595326084.png

Snap poll: What is the machine that will build gen 3 that is hard to copy?
Interesting result. Everybody (except me and 4 more crazies) thinks Tesla will create machines (that are hard to copy) that will assist humans (that's right millions of humans building 10m cars a year artisanal style) in making cars. The easily copied not-a-machine Optimus will be exclusively sold to Parisian dog owners to pickup poop because they are too dangerous in factories. Or maybe sold to all factories except Tesla factories. On the same month as Tesla transitions to a new vehicle build.

I have never felt more super bullish.

Tesla in 5 years:
1706595727100.png

Note the hard to copy wall hanging systems.

Okay, I can't let you all win this bet. How about logistics? Vacuum pipes deliver the right component to the right human at the right time.

1706596182754.png

But for sub assemblies...

Last edited:
Speaking of which:

He was being nice and said "Chinese EV market", but he meant global market. Chinese have a way at being diplomatic like that.

Competition is good, price wars are good, ICE is dead. Mission accomplished. Tesla accelerated the world's transition to sustainable energy!

View attachment 1013502
Interesting result. Everybody (except me and 4 more crazies) thinks Tesla will create machines (that are hard to copy) that will assist humans (that's right millions of humans building 10m cars a year artisanal style) in making cars. The easily copied not-a-machine Optimus will be exclusively sold to Parisian dog owners to pickup poop because they are too dangerous in factories. Or maybe sold to all factories except Tesla factories. On the same month as Tesla transitions to a new vehicle build.

I have never felt more super bullish.

Tesla in 5 years:
View attachment 1013507
Note the hard to copy wall hanging systems.

Okay, I can't let you all win this bet. How about logistics? Vacuum pipes deliver the right component to the right human at the right time.

View attachment 1013508
But for sub assemblies...

Haha my take on ‘the machine that builds the machine that builds the machine’ is that it’s Tesla in itself. It’s engineers, agility, structure, culture.. hard or even impossible to copy.

View attachment 1013502
Come on, that was just an unfair poll. /s
Human or Optimus will stay in an automotive fab for a long time.
The 'something else' part is much more interesting. Would it be:
- chassis = casting
- body = sheet metal stamping
- glas = forming / shaping / way of installation
- suspension = no classic springs or shock absorber
- brakes = by wire / replace classic disk and pads
Because we already saw Innovation in the first two topics from Tesla, the others haven't changed much in the last 50 years or more. First principle thinking.