Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe what his trying to say is Meta is doing a lot better than TSLA so a buyback and dividends sound good. Where as Tesla can't do that.

I'm pretty impressed with the FCF generation. Meta managed to generate in 2 quarters all of TSLA's cash on hand to date. They gave guidance of 20% growth for the coming year too.

Tesla really is pathetic if you think about it lol.

Tesla is in growth mode, Meta is a mature company with little in the pipeline in terms of new products, long term Facebook will die off as younger users don't use it. If you are excited by ad revenue and failed concepts like the metaverse then invest in them. I'll go with Tesla.

Configurator live in Chile for 3 and Y, starts at the equivalent of $42.8k, if it comes to Brazil in a similar price will be a really good deal

That would mean I could take advantage of my RN107380619 placed in April. 1, 2016.
It was and still is not a joke. I’ve kept it expecting eventually it could be used. I still want my Tesla! After all they accepted it for delivery to Brazil.

Last edited:
Xeet: "Tesla will disclose a significant sequential COGS reduction per vehicle in Q1 2024."

Tesla just dropped Model Y LR prices by $4K CAD in Canada to take advantage of a new $7,000 CAD rebate now offered in Quebec for EVs priced under $65K CDN.

Combined with the Federal rebate of $5K that's a total of $12K off on a Model Y. Now with a base price of $63,990 or about $53K in Quebec after rebates.

BTW, Provincial Sales tax in Quebec is 9.975% before GST, so on a $65K vehicle the new $7K rebate is just basically waving the sales tax, plus 500 bucks... :p

Even with this price drop, my April 2022 Model Y LR was still about $3K less than this new price. Plus, I got the White Interior which is no longer available in Canada because these cars come from SHG which only offers black interiors. The 7-seater only just became available.

So SP instantly dropped to the Options C/P 'breakpoint' @ $185 to start the pre-Mkt :p

Last edited:
The states created the U.S., not the other way round.

Correct, for the original 13 colonies. For States added after the Louisiana Purchase not so much...

The point was simply that if Elon wanted to run for Governor, like Arnold did in California, there would be no Constitutional barrier against it (like why Arnold can never be President)

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: jerry33 and wtlloyd
Tesla is in growth mode, Meta is a mature company with little in the pipeline in terms of new products, long term Facebook will die off as younger users don't use it. If you are excited by ad revenue and failed concepts like the metaverse then invest in them. I'll go with Tesla.
If it wasn't for the couple of private groups I admin, I wouldn't use Facebook.

Tesla just dropped Model Y LR prices by $4K CAD in Canada to take advantage of a new $7,000 CAD rebate now offered in Quebec for EVs priced under $65K CDN.
That Quebec rebate has been available for years. It is however the first time that the Y LR qualifies. it is going to sell like hotcakes, AWD is very valuable here.

That's very interesting, I've honestly never considered the possibility that humanoid robots could work FASTER than humans. More hours per day for certain, but faster?

And truly right now I'm wondering why I never considered that before, seems reasonable upon contemplation...🤔
I did consider that bots could be faster, but either way, it doesn't matter too much as more bots/stations still cheaper than people in most situations. Even the space any slower extra bots might take compare well with rest/food/toilet/admin space requirements.

IF bots are at least partially capable of replacing expensive labour, the economics are madly skewed towards their use and suppliers (Tesla) will have insane demand and pricing power if sold/leased. Tesla (uniquely as far as I'm aware) have scope to use these bots internally at a huge scale, then with key suppliers without the need for external sales/leases outside of the supply chain.

Volume > Wright's Law > Cost savings

why I never considered that before
It's too early to know all of the implications, we haven't the imagination individually. Perhaps through TMC we might crowdsource better predictive power, but we'll still miss lots. Knowing science fiction and manufacturing might be a very useful combination as the ideas from fiction and wildness of bot possibility may line up well.

I believe what his trying to say is Meta is doing a lot better than TSLA so a buyback and dividends sound good. Where as Tesla can't do that.

I'm pretty impressed with the FCF generation. Meta managed to generate in 2 quarters all of TSLA's cash on hand to date. They gave guidance of 20% growth for the coming year too.

Tesla really is pathetic if you think about it lol.

Tesla is still very much in growth mode while Meta is a mature company who's main products are "ramped" up and bringing in steady revenues.

You can't reasonably compare Tesla 2024 to Meta 2024, that would be like comparing Apple 2007 to Apple 2024, two very different companies altogether.

Now, if you meant TSLA the stock is pathetic compared to META stock today, then sure, both stock's performance over the past year could justify an opinion like that. But if you actually meant Tesla the company is pathetic, well then you are simply incorrect.

Tobias Lindh is out with a new video and news about a new expansion at Giga Berlin currently underway. A new and much larger Rail Yard to the east of the current Tesla plot:

...and they have already started preparing changes to the roads in the area:

Berlin2.png

Tesla is still very much in growth mode while Meta is a mature company who's main products are "ramped" up and bringing in steady revenues.

You can't reasonably compare Tesla 2024 to Meta 2024, that would be like comparing Apple 2007 to Apple 2024, two very different companies altogether.

Now, if you meant TSLA the stock is pathetic compared to META stock today, then sure, both stock's performance over the past year could justify an opinion like that. But if you actually meant Tesla the company is pathetic, well then you are simply incorrect.
I meant TSLA as a company is pathetic at this current point in time (2024). You mention it's in growth mode but at this time (2024) it has no idea how much it plans on growing while Meta has no problems guiding 20% this year. TSLA can't even be confident it gets 20%.

Metas FCF in half a year is more than TSLA's cash on it's balance sheet since it's inception.

You mention TSLA 2024 vs Meta 2024 is not a fair comparison but their market caps are only 50% apart, if I use your Apple 2007 and Apple 2024 comparison the market caps would be 115B vs 2.8 trillion. If TSLA was trading at a market cap of 40 billion ($15 a share, Apples 2007 vs 2024 trading differences) then yes TSLA is an amazing stock. Right now it's more like Apple 2021 vs Apple 2024 but 2024 Apple plans to grow 20% and 2021 Apple doens't know how many it can sell.

I meant TSLA as a company is pathetic at this current point in time (2024). You mention it's in growth mode but at this time (2024) it has no idea how much it plans on growing while Meta has no problems guiding 20% this year. TSLA can't even be confident it gets 20%.

Do not mistake Tesla's lack of 2024 guidance for a lack of any idea how it plans to grow, one does not mean the other.

Tesla is currently ramping CT, they are expanding Giga Nevada to build the Semi, they are expanding 4680 production capacity, they are setting up the Gen3 production lines in Giga Austin, they are building Giga Mexico to also build Gen3, they are very quickly ramping Megapack production, they are still (slowly) developing FSD with plans to build Robotaxi's on the Gen3 platform once FSD is Level 5, they are rapidly developing Optimus, and oh yeah they are actively working on things behind closed doors none of us know anything about.

I'm sorry, but to say Tesla has "no idea" how it plans to grow is frankly a ludicrous statement. They have so many irons in the fire its hard to keep track of it all.

Do not mistake Tesla's lack of 2024 guidance for a lack of any idea how it plans to grow, one does not mean the other.

Tesla is currently ramping CT, they are expanding Giga Nevada to build the Semi, they are expanding 4680 production capacity, they are setting up the Gen3 production lines in Giga Austin, they are building Giga Mexico to also build Gen3, they are very quickly ramping Megapack production, they are still (slowly) developing FSD with plans to build Robotaxi's on the Gen3 platform once FSD is Level 5, they are rapidly developing Optimus, and oh yeah they are actively working on things behind closed doors none of us know anything about.

I'm sorry, but to say Tesla has "no idea" how it plans to grow is frankly a ludicrous statement. They have so many irons in the fire its hard to keep track of it all.
Look we can only agree to disagree. But apart from price cuts ( and they have run out of those it seems ) I don’t see them having any plans over the next 12 months. The 25k car plans started too late and we are stuck in limbo until 2026.

This is obviously going to be an unpopular take but when I said in 2021 I found it hard to believe we would grow 50% again in 2022 I got hated on then and I was right. Every successive year has been lower and lower projections. Granted it’s only been 2 years since my post about that I’m talking short term here so I can only refer back a couple of years.

I actually think we have flat growth this year.

2024 will already be a year where it’s practically impossible to receive a new company that isn’t an EV. My guess is that Belgium will become Norway-like in just 1 or 2 years.

Belgium is already solidly ahead of Norway in Jan 2024: 1826 deliveries versus 1109 in Norway.
3.91% market share.

They do have 2024 guidance: ramping Cybertruck, 4680, and Energy Storage, developing Gen 3 line, FSD, and Optimus
You mention it's in growth mode but at this time (2024) it has no idea how much it plans on growing while Meta has no problems guiding 20% this year.
But apart from price cuts ( and they have run out of those it seems ) I don’t see them having any plans over the next 12 months.

Tesla has given clear guidance on how much it intends to grow over a multi-year span and has also stated that 2024 will be a slower growth period. That the plans take more than 12 months to implement does not mean they don't exist.

There's a lot to look forward to in 2024. Tesla is currently between two major growth waves. We're focused on making sure that our next growth wave driven by next-gen vehicle, energy storage, full self-driving, and other projects is executed as well as possible. For full self-driving, we've released version 12, which is a complete architectural rewrite compared to prior versions.