Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More evidence below.
I haven’t been to Europe in some time - for men? 🙄 Ou la-la!

image000000.jpeg

Most people require fear of something to dramatically change their approach, so “don’t panic” is often heard as “don’t worry about it”.
Unfortunately, this is often true. Especially if the change of approach requires some sacrifice.

The other approach that avoids you being labeled as an "extremist" is to encourage change by making it convienent/attractive/economically advantageous to do so. This is the approach Elon is largely taking. Save the planet by offering the worlds quickest production sedan... make tree-hugging sexy or simply not part of the equation.

Guys, climate change is happening NOW. Quit the "it's going to be ok" short term nonsense.

Heard the term "lost winter"?

Summary of whats going on just in the US: TikTok - Make Your Day

True for some values of "ok".

Is climate change an existential threat in the next 10-20 years? Probably not... hence from the standpoint of humanity's survival, it will be "ok". Is it going to be a major inconvenience and do some irreparable harm? Is suspect yes.

Is it an existential threat in 30-50? I bet there's a good chance we'll be past the tipping point if things don't change, and not much will be "ok" at that point...

Is climate change an existential threat in the next 10-20 years?
The time between now and 2030 is all important.

Tesla simply has to execute Master Plan 3 and if everyone else chips in as needed, we are closer to net zero emissions by 2030, than we are now, that should set us up to get there.

Once we reach net zero emissions things start to improve, more probably needs to be done, but we probably have the time to do it.

So all of the following are true:-
  1. Climate change is causing some expensive problems now.
  2. The longer we leave it, the worse it gets.
  3. Actions taken between now and 2030 are very important.
  4. if we act in time, things start to get better.
If Tesla and Elon do a good job delivering the Gen3 car and scaling rapidly, and scaling Megapack rapidly, others will help do the rest.

And working Robtoaxis will definitely help.

So mostly it is a matter of executing existing plans..

Just for added context - Panic and drama don't help, accurate information helps, and actions matter. Risks need to be explained, but in a calm logical manner.

Last edited:

Tesla simply has to execute Master Plan 3 and if everyone else chips in as needed, we are closer to net zero emissions by 2030, than we are now, that should set us up to get there.

Once we reach net zero emissions things start to improve, more probably needs to be done, but we probably have the time to do it.

If Tesla and Elon do a good job delivering the Gen3 car and scaling rapidly, and scaling Megapack rapidly, others will help do the rest.

No doubt sooner is betterer.

I was simply adding what I believe the context for Elon's quote likely is.

Just for added context - Panic and drama don't help, accurate information helps, and actions matter. Risks need to be explained, but in a calm logical manner.
The problem with Master Plan 3 is not with the plan itself. It's the fact that it requires a lot more than Tesla can do on its own. Tesla can only execute a tiny fraction of the plan. The rest of the world has to get on board in a big, big way.

I drove a refreshed base Model 3 yesterday and was very impressed. The discussion arose... Telsa may delay the roadster further and permit the new performance model 3 to be the holdover car for people desiring a roadster. I can see that possibility. I'd prefer the roadster but the upcoming performance Model 3 may be an amazing value.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2024-02-19 at 9.28.48 PM.png

Attended the Toronto International Auto Show today with the fam. Last year Tesla had SEXY tucked away on subterranean Level 7 squished in the Exotic car section. This year Tesla quadrupled their footprint and secured the premier spot smack dab centre on the main floor showroom of the Toronto Convention Ctr. SEXY+Cybertruck. Interesting approach. Tesla had about a dozen foot soldiers, however did not spend a penny on signs (not a single sign) or advertising. Other auto manufacturers spent seven digits on their advertising displays desperate for attention. Tesla let their cars do the talking. Brilliant. The Cybertruck is a beast and was from my vantage point by far the most popular and polarizing (love it or hate it) exhibit of the show. Walking the show, there is much more of a focus on BEVs, however the auto industry in general still has a very long way to go to fully embrace BEVs. May everyone have a great week.

How about if V12 came out this weekend? Tonight would be great - let them all talk about it over the holidays ;)
Of course, FSD for President's day instead. What was I thinking? :D

Hey, was watching these guys earlier (and lately ;) I didn't see it posted.

Seems China could also roll out V12 anytime. "All Chinese regulations have been ready since Dec '23." So a US-Canada-China rollout sounds possible. Nice little bump perhaps from the FOMO?

Then "Unsupervised FSD later this year." Hello! "When Unsupervised is proven better than supervised." Yes, this is perfect. This data will be their legal defense if sued in court. In order to get this data to compare, at some point, we have to have it, right?

After that, unoccupied? For X-mas? Maybe a bit tight, we'll see.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Of course, FSD for President's day instead. What was I thinking? :D

Hey, was watching these guys earlier (and lately ;) I didn't see it posted.

Seems China could also roll out V12 anytime. "All Chinese regulations have been ready since Dec '23." So a US-Canada-China rollout sounds possible. Nice little bump perhaps from the FOMO?

Then "Unsupervised FSD later this year." Hello! "When Unsupervised is proven better than supervised." Yes, this is perfect. This data will be their legal defense if sued in court. In order to get this data to compare, at some point, we have to have it, right?

After that, unoccupied? For X-mas? Maybe a bit tight, we'll see.
Don't look at the 24 hour market for $TSLA as of this moment 🥴

• Funny
Reactions: ShareLofty