Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad I bought some AMD last week. Chips are key to the AI boom (duh).

Intel and Microsoft deal is also new and interesting.

"Although neither company specified what the chips would be used for, Bloomberg noted today that Microsoft has been planning in-house designs for both processors and AI accelerators."

You have another couch?!

Speaking of a correction, the fear and hype cycle around NVDA earnings this week is an obvious sign that we’re in dangerous territory… when the whole market hinges on the quarterly earnings of one company, or the words from one man named Jerome, it’s time to be cautious, not greedy, IMO.
Hasn't the market been reacting (overreacting) to the Fed for the last 5 years?

Sigh. I was working at SGI at the time almost the entire OpenGL team walked off and started Nvidia. I _knew_ Nvidia would be a success, but was too stupid to invest in them at the time.
Nearly double the return of Tesla since the IPO now.
Screenshot_20240222-171447.png

NVDA and SMCI are actually relatively cheap relative to the current earnings and earnings growth. The question comes down to how much do you believe they will continue to grow before competition comes and compresses margins. NVDA seems highly confident in their demand over the rest of the year, I think it will hit near $1000 before it may come down (if competition comes soon).

Mentioning Dojo is a joke. There is no volume production of Dojo yet, who knows when that will happen. Based on Musk's latest comments, it doesn't sound that bullish on it this year. It will have no effect on NVDA.

Meanwhile TSLA is stuck in the doldrums. No earnings growth, and no real big boosts for earnings this year unless Cybertruck can ramp to 5,000 a week. I sold all my calls when it came back up to near $200 on Wednesday and luckily bought an actually winning stock - NVDA.

I'll buy back into TSLA if/when it goes down to $150.

Fun fact, the lander is called Odie( Audi)
Your namesake 👍
Sure glad they're on the Moon, guess we'll find out soon if they stuck the landing! I know the SP is rising fast AH... should have acquired more last week, but I'm still a happy boy! Awesome that this moon landing was accomplished primarily by private industry... kind of reminds me of Helios on FAM.

Sure glad they're on the Moon, guess we'll find out soon if they stuck the landing! I know the SP is rising fast AH... should have acquired more last week, but I'm still a happy boy! Awesome that this moon landing was accomplished primarily by private industry... kind of reminds me of Helios on FAM.
What company are you referring to?

• Funny
Reactions: wipster and Tachyon
And yet when the inevitable correction comes, TSLA will go down with the rest of them.

Speaking of a correction, the fear and hype cycle around NVDA earnings this week is an obvious sign that we’re in dangerous territory… when the whole market hinges on the quarterly earnings of one company, or the words from one man named Jerome, it’s time to be cautious, not greedy, IMO.
Boy, I wish NVDA tanked so we could all feel better about the economy and stock market.

NVDA and SMCI are actually relatively cheap relative to the current earnings and earnings growth. The question comes down to how much do you believe they will continue to grow before competition comes and compresses margins. NVDA seems highly confident in their demand over the rest of the year, I think it will hit near $1000 before it may come down (if competition comes soon).

Mentioning Dojo is a joke. There is no volume production of Dojo yet, who knows when that will happen. Based on Musk's latest comments, it doesn't sound that bullish on it this year. It will have no effect on NVDA.

Meanwhile TSLA is stuck in the doldrums. No earnings growth, and no real big boosts for earnings this year unless Cybertruck can ramp to 5,000 a week. I sold all my calls when it came back up to near $200 on Wednesday and luckily bought an actually winning stock - NVDA.

You don't like TSLA. We get it. Yet, you love to come to this site and bash the stock and praise other stocks. Thankfully, I had faith in TSLA an am currently paying for my 2 daughters' college education with TSLA stock gains.

Stock is still feeling punished. Doesn't participate per its gamma on good days. I guess this is the common "sideways trading" many have foretold which will simply continue...until it doesn't.

6 month performance is not a good look for us...

View attachment 1020873
stock is doing exactly what it should be doing. A few more days to iron out the kinks. The hourly still hasnt released all the tension built up last Thursday when we flew for absolutely no reason other than a silly rotation into EVs which has been swiftly punished. Once the stock feels "cheap" on the hourly after a correction through price, time or bit of both, we will shoot up. Not much longer now.

I'm going to put everything in Teladoc. I'm down 92% so when it comes back I'll be holding a ten bagger with my previous TSLA holdings. It's Cathie Wood's second highest conviction stock.