Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forward Observing

Walked in to mail shipping store yesterday, passing a dirty model 3. On the way back to our X I observed it was a freshly released 3 with paper temp license. Nice ~ Oly, WA.

Now take this with a baby aspirin. I think it was the 9th of February 2024, received the Text finally about transferring our FSD, took a test drive Saturday the 10th, then followed up by placing our order on the 11th of Feb. I had to demonstrate to the best human animal in my life that we could afford the transfer/cost on top of the new kitchen that started yesterday. I was also willing to stretch for Ultra Red ~ beautiful color; and reminiscent of Field Artillery red ~ back to Blue.

I am assuming, that since we are keeping our FSD, we will be the last one if at all before the end of 1Q24. Why sell to me? We are a third time buyer. Not handing over 12K for FSD, and trading in an X. If I were in charge, and I most certainly am not, I would sell first to the newbie, and second to the buyer willing to spend the extra 12K for FSD ~ do not forget the buyer qualifying for the 7.5K tax incentive.

My take ~ since after three weeks, we do not have a VIN number; Tesla is not desperate for numbers. Last evening before going to bed, my partner in crime said, “I guess we are not getting our car this evening ~ they have not called to have us come in to get it yet ~ oops, it’s 2100 hrs.”

Cheers

I've noticed a few 'financial news' sites running with 'arson attack hit tesla factory', suggesting its the actual building, not the pylon. I can imagine quite a few over-reactions from algos and dumb money trading on that 'news'. So a nothingburger.
Also, having read both Elon biographies, one thing is very clear. When elon is wounded, he feels very very very personally attacked, and determined, above everything to never be vulnerable in that way again. (Clearly some impact of a *tough* childhood).
If a bunch of idiots can cause even minor disruption to a Tesla factory by impacting its power supply... I can imagine Elon calling an immediate war cabinet of all his factory managers, to ensure that they double down on the installation of rooftop solar on every available surface at every Tesla production facility.
Elon won't let this happen twice.

I've noticed a few 'financial news' sites running with 'arson attack hit tesla factory', suggesting its the actual building, not the pylon. I can imagine quite a few over-reactions from algos and dumb money trading on that 'news'. So a nothingburger.
Also, having read both Elon biographies, one thing is very clear. When elon is wounded, he feels very very very personally attacked, and determined, above everything to never be vulnerable in that way again. (Clearly some impact of a *tough* childhood).
If a bunch of idiots can cause even minor disruption to a Tesla factory by impacting its power supply... I can imagine Elon calling an immediate war cabinet of all his factory managers, to ensure that they double down on the installation of rooftop solar on every available surface at every Tesla production facility.
Elon won't let this happen twice.
I don't disagree, but there will always be things out of Elon's control. Unfortunately. He can't shield all from every possible destructive scenario.
I am sure this was financed by you know who and it will not stop there.

Any commentary from German forum members on this event?
Renewable energies are on the way to supply more than 65% of the energy mix in Germany and this each month of the year. The current government already removed a lot of hurdles to push this very effective. We would much better if there hasn't been a still stand under Angela Merkel, especially in the last 10 years of her government.
But we are talking about a 100% autark system on site, correct? You would need Wind turbines as an addition to solar on any roof and open space. The area of the Gigafactory would never be sufficient to support both. Personally I wouldn't except any fossil fuels as an addition. Secure the infrastructure by getting all cables and transformer stations under ground and you have less attack possibilities. A job for the boring company or not. Maybe puffrock is already on the way.

Rivian R2 details leaked on website code:

“Ahead of its launch on March 7th, key specs for Rivian’s upcoming R2 electric SUV were briefly visible via the source code on the company’s teaser site, Electrek reports. These include a range of up to 330 miles, a 0-60mph acceleration in three seconds, five seats, and a starting price of $47,000 (though a $47,500 starting price was reportedly also mentioned on other parts of the site). Deliveries are expected to start in 2026, per the website’s code, which is in line with previous reports.“

“Ahead of its launch on March 7th, key specs for Rivian’s upcoming R2 electric SUV were briefly visible via the source code on the company’s teaser site, Electrek reports. These include a range of up to 330 miles, a 0-60mph acceleration in three seconds, five seats, and a starting price of $47,000 (though a $47,500 starting price was reportedly also mentioned on other parts of the site). Deliveries are expected to start in 2026, per the website’s code, which is in line with previous reports.“

No towing specs. Disappointing.

• Funny
Reactions: MartinAustin
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it seems to skew to the bad side. Hopefully a software update will fix it and give us the 15-85% in 18 min that Tesla stated after launch.
Yes, it’s basically the same curve as a V3 Supercharger but hits over 300 kW briefly

Overall 10%-80% is still over 40 minutes, bad overall but when compared to other available EV trucks, they are all on that ballpark, but still bad when you compare to all EVs, Tesla or not

If I were to guess, I would say Tesla specifically targeted a similar charging time to other EV trucks to be as easy as possible on the cells while not being slower than the competition while they gather more data

Hopefully will improve a lot with OTA updates and not only in cell changes

Yes, it’s basically the same curve as a V3 Supercharger but hits over 300 kW briefly

Overall 10%-80% is still over 40 minutes, bad overall but when compared to other available EV trucks, they are all on that ballpark, but still bad when you compare to all EVs, Tesla or not

If I were to guess, I would say Tesla specifically targeted a similar charging time to other EV trucks to be as easy as possible on the cells while not being slower than the competition while they gather more data

Hopefully will improve a lot with OTA updates and not only in cell changes
The Silverado Charges 130 kWh in 27 min and goes 0-80 (170kWh) in 50 min. The charging curve is really good

• Informative
Reactions: scaesare
So detailed instructions for copycats included. Sounds like professional sabotage work, not environmental nerdery.

Yes, this is the extension of a multi-year PR campaign which began with water, and now includes fire:

Ganhdi then they burn.jpg

Overall 10%-80% is still over 40 minutes-
Thank you, Jesus! I’ll be able to wear a coat over my coveralls again. I’ve had to rethink clothes choices and layering due to charging times becoming so short during pitstops. I’ll also be able to order a caramel latte macchiato with whip cream and sprinkles instead of grabbing a bottle of water. Woohoo!

Start in 2026... affordable... yet still a Rivian... there will be serious Osbourning of existing models for years to come... not good for Rivian in the short/medium term.

Reactions: Optimeer
I plotted it for Power vs SoC we are used to seeing

It's definitely improved ignoring the portion above 250 kW, previously we've seen 250 kW up to 20% SoC, now it reaches 250 kW @ 28% SoC

Still long ways to go to come close to other Teslas and even more to be on par with the fastest charging vehicles we have today

For other Tesla vehicles, even though their charging time was higher than the 10-80% in 20 mins some EVs do, they would still come out on top due to efficiency by adding more miles per minutes in most cases, not the case for Cybertruck, it needs one of the best if not the best charging curve on the market to be the road trip king since it has to make up for it's worse efficiency

1709675413200.png

Rivian needs to step up its powerpoint game...

Refers to a deleted post by a Banned member.

Lol, but you slept through the day after the CT Delivery Event when Toni Scaramouche went on CNBC with his Best Idea for 2024: "Short TSLA" ?

Redemption quiz: Who said at the time: "Cybertruck won't save Tesla?" You have to pay attention to the right hand, when the dealer flashes the Left.

Reactions: Fairchild