Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cybertruck can’t charge from a CCS charger. Probably not a big deal in the long game but for those of us that have limited tesla supported routes it may affect sales. Interesting.

It seems one of the recent updates fixed that, or it was a compatibility problem at the sites that were tried, as Nxu has reported that they charged multiple Cybertrucks at up to 327kW on their NACS/CCS charger: NxuOne™ Makes History as the First Reported Third-Party Charging System to Harness Tesla Cybertruck's 800V Architecture | Nxu Inc.

MESA, Ariz., March 05, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nxu, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXU) (“Nxu”, “the company”), a domestic technology company specializing in innovative EV charging and energy storage solutions, proudly announces a groundbreaking achievement. The company has successfully harnessed the full power of the Tesla Cybertruck's 800V Architecture, setting an industry precedent.

Building on the recent milestone of the successful charging of a Tesla Cybertruck at the NxuOne™ Charging Station, the Nxu team embarked on an ambitious testing phase. Rigorous sessions with multiple Cybertrucks utilizing the NxuOne™ Charging System, the industry's only universal, dual-technology solution for public charging, resulted in a significant accomplishment – a remarkable 327kW charging rate, maximizing the Tesla Cybertruck’s capabilities.

Mark Hanchett, Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Nxu, expressed pride in the team's achievements, stating, "The Nxu team has worked incredibly hard to validate the charging power of our NxuOne™ Charging System in real-world scenarios. We believe we’ve created one of the fastest charging units available today, and now we have the data to substantiate those claims. Our aim is to enhance the EV charging ecosystem by providing reliable and fast charging solutions for every make, model, or size of EV. The Cybertruck charging sessions are a huge step towards realizing that goal."

Recent charging sessions conducted by Nxu demonstrated consistent charging data reaching as high as 327kW, solidifying Nxu's position as a pioneer in high-speed EV charging. Comparatively, the highest known charge rate of 253kW was provided by Out of Spec Reviews at a Tesla Supercharger. The company will continue testing the charging capacity of the NxuOne™ Charging System on other 800V architecture vehicles.​

This is the wrong logic. Since there's a bottom to these things and no one has a crystal ball, you are always more right at 180 than 190 or 200.

I learned my lesson on Pan Am many decades ago.

It had dropped to $5 and I bought a bunch. Major US airline, and even this was foretold in the movies:

53569980050_74260caf09_z.jpg

"Since there's a bottom to these things" I bought more around 2 1/2. In very short order it was trading well below $1, and at that point just holding on made sense, since there might be a "bottom" from which it could rebound. Turned out there was no bottom. Lesson learned.

NOT saying I expect Tesla stock to go to zero, only that one has to be careful making assumptions about future stock price.

Last edited:
Going forward, knowing it’s operating a factory in a hostile environment in germany, I wonder if there is a path to autonomous power supply thru a combination of solar, wind, large diesel or natural gas turbines. Might be a worthwhile investment.

Just sayin.
Indeed, it could be worthwhile. However, for the long-run I might suggest selling the German factory as soon as a replacement can be constructed elsewhere in Europe.

Bill Gates seems to be doing alright. I really don't think that either Gates or Einstein belong in that grouping of heavily flawed persons. As someone who once had nothing but tremendous respect for Elon, it's extraordinarily painful to watch him spiral.
The primary issue for both is the same one that has been derailing talented people in politics and business for the last few years. Their bios make that clear. As others have stated standards have changed and social media has added to increase intolerance for divergence from established norms, with the major exception of politics, in which the standards are highly dependent on political view. That,in part, explains why most public figures in today's world are constantly on edge.

As applies to TSLA it is essential, in my view, to distinguish political perspectives from business issues. That is admittedly a difficult thing.