Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lower than usual growth for 2024 is Tesla has largely plateaued on # of buyers for existing models at/near existing prices. Simple as that. Massive auto growth will return when new models that can sell to new bands of buyers appear.

Also aren't the newer megapacks using LFPs different from those used in cars anyway?
Elon has already indicated that general approach that will be take is to maximise production efficiency and adjust prices as needed.

When a factory ramp is not complete I think the aim will be to complete it...

When a ramp is complete, increased efficiency or similar efficiency might be possible to achieve with a temporary step down in production volumes.

Elon has already indicated that general approach that will be take is to maximise production efficiency and adjust prices as needed.

When a factory ramp is not complete I think the aim will be to complete it...

Both Austin and Berlins current production, as well as US and EU inventories, present significant evidence that simply isn't what they're doing.

This post in the other thread might also be of interest to folks who still think maximize production is the current intent (spoiler Q1 delivery estimates, based on actual registration data, now looking to come in below Q1 2023)

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: JusRelax
Huh... Florida has about double the number of V12.3 downloads on TeslaFi as any other state except California and Texas.
Any ideas why Florida stands out? More Tesla's sold in Fla?
Um. A lot of SpaceX employees in FL? In a galaxy far, far away I heard a rumor that SpaceX people who volunteered could be part of the "in-house" testing crowd..

Sir,
what about links from twitter that are supposed to auto expand?

twitter links used to embed and show content correctly (as long as we use twitter.com and not x.com)... but today it seems it is not working

e.g.
That does not matter. YOU THE POSTER are supposed to be literate enough to be able to write what it is about what's showing to apprise the audience of any merits.

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
All of you have seen multiple photos and videos of Cybertrucks, so - most especially because I'm having trouble loading them - I'll not share mine.

Instead, here is my response to multiple Alaskan pickup owners grilling me over our two-hour tour of a CT today.

For what it is, it is astonishingly good. And both Jenny and I like it a LOT more in the flesh than in its photos or videos.

With 320-340 miles of range, it is one very capable vehicle. It is extremely intelligent, altering ride characteristics to fit every inch of road and so it acts like a Rolls Royce in armor. Very very appealing.

But: pickup truck users have quite a few decades of deciding what a pickup truck is and how it should be put to work. That back end - the bed, in other words - with those sloped sides…does not fit in that long-held preconception and it is a tough job altering THOSE to fit THIS. So to speak.

That (big thing) aside, there is much to like with a high-sided front of a bed, and with a very effective and easy to use tambour top (rollup-tonneau). And there are EIGHT concealed heavy duty tie downs on the bed floor, and truck-like slide-movable ones along each wall. And unobtrusive, effective striplighting the length of each side. A very slight fail on Tesla's part is that those slide-movable ones cannot be shifted by lifting a spring-loaded lock, as was the case in our Bowlus, but must be unscrewed and re-screwed. That gets awkward quickly.

And FOUR pairs of concealed, double bolts along the top of the truck that had me dreaming right away of an efficiency-draining roof platform.
Inside - it is immense. And the front passenger has real legroom, utterly unlike the bad joke that all Ford pickups provide and which Jenny with good reason excoriates every time she gets in one.

Viewing/visibility is unreal it is so good, esp. with the new-to-CT front bumper camera (when not blocked by snow or mud*), and those unbeatable Tesla electronics, viewscreen and incessant software updates….

* I noted and photographed the camera lens up close and found a 1/4"-wide slot above the lens. PERHAPS there is a washer concealed there? Have any CT discussions mentioned this?

Summary: this is not the F-350 or -450 dually that I need. But it is a supremely capable beast and Tesla is going to be selling them at a rate I admit I did not conceive, IF production can match demand. I've no reason to doubt it can.

And….despite the fact we bought two more Teslas at the end of 2023, I am seriously considering taking advantage of the Loyal Shareholder promotion and presenting Tesla with yet another $100K….

Sir,

twitter links used to embed and show content correctly (as long as we use twitter.com and not x.com)... but today it seems it is not working

e.g.

Omar has explained this tweet in his own words:

Why did the chicken cross the road? Because it knew the Tesla was on FSD and would stop for it

Old tweets are rendering but not new ones. I have reported a couple to the devs. Maybe a couple more reports would help. I think they should get it fixed in two weeks. Not just Elon that can make those projections...

Until fixed maybe just post the picture:
1711347801069.png

12.3.1 is going to users now btw.

Last edited:
Sir,

e.g.

I have participated in many foras online and it's regarded as the polite thing to do to explain why you are posting a link.

The embedded twitter links almost never auto expand for me. So it is a hassle if the OP does not care enough to write a sentence or two about the link contents.

Sometimes another poster comments on the naked link and I go back and click. But most of the time I cannot be bothered.

Worth a watch - talks about Tesla in China.

Thanks, Very accurate description of the trend in china.
Also it feels like the density of Tesla on the road is higher in Beijing and Shanghai than in California !
Other point, Chinese EV are also very strong in the luxury market (Autoline John McElroy thinks the opposite)

Thanks, Very accurate description of the trend in china.
Also it feels like the density of Tesla on the road is higher in Beijing and Shanghai than in California !
Other point, Chinese EV are also very strong in the luxury market (Autoline John McElroy thinks the opposite)

Can you only speak specifically for Beijing, or have you noticed the same trend in other major cities in China as well?

Also, your remark regarding the density of Teslas is very diffuclt to believe, especially if you are comparing to NorCal. When was the last time you were in California? What part of California were you in last time you visited?

• Helpful
Reactions: Linkmeup and unk45