Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you only speak specifically for Beijing, or have you noticed the same trend in other major cities in China as well?

Also, your remark regarding the density of Teslas is very diffuclt to believe, especially if you are comparing to NorCal. When was the last time you were in California? What part of California were you in last time you visited?
You right, it is hard to believe
According to Troy, China is the biggest market in 2023.
I live in Beijing, travel in Shanghai and was in LA - Santa Barbara Area for few months until January, so it is just my observation, The density of Tesla cars in China big cities is very high, higher than LA. not true yet for "smaller" cities.
Tesla China Team is doing an incredible job and should get more credit.

Attachments

• 1711355311324.png
    1711355311324.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
Reactions: scaesare
Going back to investing, I think the million dollar question is what will happen first:
  • Stock drops due to low delivery numbers
  • Stock rises due to FSD and Wall Street realizing Tesla is a great AI play

I'm leaning towards the first option, and am hoping for a dip early next week to load up, but may do sooner if TSLA starts to rise...

Going back to investing, I think the million dollar question is what will happen first:

I'm leaning towards the first option, and am hoping for a dip early next week to load up, but may do sooner if TSLA starts to rise...
I'm leaning towards buying more $TSLA no matter what happens next week.

You right, it is hard to believe
According to Troy, China is the biggest market in 2023.
I live in Beijing, travel in Shanghai and was in LA - Santa Barbara Area for few months until January, so it is just my observation, The density of Tesla cars in China big cities is very high, higher than LA. not true yet for "smaller" cities.
Tesla China Team is doing an incredible job and should get more credit.
Thank you for your responses!

I guess it would make sense that Tesla dominates in large cities where income and wealth are higher, while Chinese EVs dominate outside of the large cities.

Believe it or not, Florida is the 3rd largest state in the union.
I heard the Northern half of Florida doesn't even know about Tesla. I rented one there - I was that one Tesla, and only about 50 mi north of Tampa.

A lot of SpaceX employees in FL?

Good question, IDK how many work closely with NASA, I'm sure there's a few there.

It could remain a mystery. Fla FSD is a thing by 2x over any State other than Cal. (Again, per TeslaFi tracking of V12.3).

There was talk, ... about 5 yrs ago here, that Fla would be ground zero for FSD unleashed. I don't think Florida has any laws... on anything really. They just live how they like it and it's refreshing actually. But way too religious for me. OMG!

Luxury electric automaker Lucid said on Monday it had signed a deal to raise $1 billion in funding from an affiliate of Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF), sending its shares up 20% before the bell.
Says "Preferred Stocks" so these are the one's to get paid first in a Bankruptcy, and burns the rest of em, right?
That makes this a very risky investment, more so than yesterday IMO.

Hopefully Cory got a bonus out of it!

I heard the Northern half of Florida doesn't even know about Tesla. I rented one there - I was that one Tesla, and only about 50 mi north of Tampa.

Good question, IDK how many work closely with NASA, I'm sure there's a few there.

It could remain a mystery. Fla FSD is a thing by 2x over any State other than Cal. (Again, per TeslaFi tracking of V12.3).

There was talk, ... about 5 yrs ago here, that Fla would be ground zero for FSD unleashed. I don't think Florida has any laws... on anything really. They just live how they like it and it's refreshing actually. But way too religious for me. OMG!
there are a fair number of Tesla's in Floriduh, including X's pulling trailers
TeslaX_with_trailor.jpg
_and_ charging

Attachments

• TeslaX_with_trailor.jpg
    TeslaX_with_trailor.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 1711372303984.png
    1711372303984.png
    877.2 KB · Views: 100

Remember that North Florida is commonly referred to as South Georgia.
Tesla once did exceedingly well in the Atlanta area, in fact I, from Miami, had to go to Atlanta to get my first P85D. Florida Orlando south is very diverse so any generalization tend to be incorrect. beyond the obvious huge dominance of Spanish speakers. FWIW, in every Tesla store I've been in in Florida there were more Spanish speakers than anything else. My delivery people at Tesla Florida stores included one Montenegro, one Ecuadorian and one Chilean immigrant as well as one Cuban second generation. I kept track for the entertainment of it. In three of my delivery events I was the only non-Spanish speaker taking delivery.

in areas of Western Florida there are few Spanish speakers, but everywhere south there are copious Teslae to be found.

As with everywhere i have been there is deep concentration fo Tesla to be found the nearer one is to a store.
Everyone who says there si saturation really does not understand how important stores are. California, Beijing...everywhere. Superchargers and stores are the crucial factors. Service Centers and Service vehicles can be major sales aides too. It's not so much awareness as it is availability.

The second option is not an option they have no idea and won’t until a tesla picks them up and drives them home.

I'm having trouble interpreting this as anything but super-bullish on Optimus. You don't hire a technical writer unless your product release is coming relatively soon.

Either that, or Tesla anticipates a really huge internal rollout, also relatively soon. This would be a rollout so big that you need service manuals instead of just getting training and service advice directly from the Optimus team.

Honestly, I'm kind of shocked.