Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As with everywhere i have been there is deep concentration fo Tesla to be found the nearer one is to a store.
Everyone who says there si saturation really does not understand how important stores are. California, Beijing...everywhere. Superchargers and stores are the crucial factors. Service Centers and Service vehicles can be major sales aides too. It's not so much awareness as it is availability.
Agree with this. When someone sees charging availability in their area they start thinking that an EV might work for them.

When they are ready to buy they also want to know that servicing is available before pulling the trigger.

So it's true that Tesla has big untapped markets in many parts of the country.

Remember that North Florida is commonly referred to as South Georgia.
Tesla once did exceedingly well in the Atlanta area, in fact I, from Miami, had to go to Atlanta to get my first P85D. Florida Orlando south is very diverse so any generalization tend to be incorrect. beyond the obvious huge dominance of Spanish speakers. FWIW, in every Tesla store I've been in in Florida there were more Spanish speakers than anything else. My delivery people at Tesla Florida stores included one Montenegro, one Ecuadorian and one Chilean immigrant as well as one Cuban second generation. I kept track for the entertainment of it. In three of my delivery events I was the only non-Spanish speaker taking delivery.

in areas of Western Florida there are few Spanish speakers, but everywhere south there are copious Teslae to be found.

As with everywhere i have been there is deep concentration fo Tesla to be found the nearer one is to a store.
Everyone who says there si saturation really does not understand how important stores are. California, Beijing...everywhere. Superchargers and stores are the crucial factors. Service Centers and Service vehicles can be major sales aides too. It's not so much awareness as it is availability.
I've driven in Fla, it's dangerous with their limited access freeways (Chuck's ULT is all over that State). Just yesterday, my son wrecked a historic Chevy PU from someone doing a left turn at an intersection. (I'd post the pic, but it won't work most likely.)

Maybe it's the safety part that sells Tesla in Fla. Older crowd - do you notice?

• Helpful
Reactions: wtlloyd and unk45
I'm having trouble interpreting this as anything but super-bullish on Optimus. You don't hire a technical writer unless your product release is coming relatively soon.

Either that, or Tesla anticipates a really huge internal rollout, also relatively soon. This would be a rollout so big that you need service manuals instead of just getting training and service advice directly from the Optimus team.

Honestly, I'm kind of shocked.
But also, this is what I've been saying Tesla should do. Roll it out fast, before it's really "ready".

They don't actually need a rock-solid use case to start selling the bots. They just need to get it in the hands of hobbyists, researchers, and R&D staff at companies. If you give them the tools to train the bots, use cases will be found.

It's just like the early days of home computers. They couldn't do much useful stuff except play games. But hobbyists started programming them and they came up with useful apps like word processors and spreadsheets.

I'm having trouble interpreting this as anything but super-bullish on Optimus. You don't hire a technical writer unless your product release is coming relatively soon.

Either that, or Tesla anticipates a really huge internal rollout, also relatively soon. This would be a rollout so big that you need service manuals instead of just getting training and service advice directly from the Optimus team.

Holly cow, I'm super qualified for that job! I still have the first manual I created for ASM/FICO in the 80's (now ASML). It was used in Assy/Test as the example for other equipment suppliers. And I seem to like writing about Tesla...

Hmm, I would have thought writing a service manual would be a job Optimus could handle without human intervention.

But also, this is what I've been saying Tesla should do. Roll it out fast, before it's really "ready".

They don't actually need a rock-solid use case to start selling the bots. They just need to get it in the hands of hobbyists, researchers, and R&D staff at companies. If you give them the tools to train the bots, use cases will be found.

It's just like the early days of home computers. They couldn't do much useful stuff except play games. But hobbyists started programming them and they came up with useful apps like word processors and spreadsheets.

I'm opposed to Tesla selling the bots. They should be leased, with service contracts, and have a subscription service for specialized task apps as well as Tesla managed training for unique applications.

This approach assures residual revenue, and, reduces the opportunity for reverse engineering, modifications, etc. that could lead to problems. This would result in more customer satisfaction and retention over the long run.

Hm…. Maybe it is price after all.

Car Dealership Guy

@GuyDealership
Subscribe

Demand for used EVs is surging
📈
Used EV searches on Cars(.)com are up 29.5% year-over-year.The reason? Lower prices.Used EV prices have fallen by nearly *20%* from last year.(Data via CDG Partner:

Attachments

• 49111A2D-C3A9-48C3-AE90-6C80681BA94E.jpeg
    49111A2D-C3A9-48C3-AE90-6C80681BA94E.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 12
16,000 stalls open to the rolling NACS non-Teslas. ~11K to Teslas only.

I didn't know the unit economics for this comment though:

"If you buy a Tesla you’re automatically given a free Tesla Charging membership, which gives you 30% cheaper supercharging costs than non-Tesla vehicles."

That X poster needs to learn the difference between "working IN trees" vs. "working ON trees"...

He posted the former, which I thought would be interesting for FSD to display in the visualization... when in fact his video displayed the latter... which wasn't much more than FSD swerving around a few trucks/obstacles at low speed... rather mundane.