Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you guys think if Tesla offered a one year FSD subscription for $99/month?

To placate those who paid the full price, offer two free FSD transfers anytime you want to use them.

That would get the take rate up and generate a lot of revenue while Tesla is working to get the robotaxi service off the ground.
I think $99 per month is the right call, regardless. I think that's probably the top end of mass adoption. Even if FSD was L3 or higher.

I also think Tesla will continue to offer Quarterly transfer incentives,(plus free super charging, etc) until the demand increases.

I don't think offering transfers helps FSD at all, but helps with sales a bit.

Not anymore interesting to me then all the brand association I’ve heard about for over the last decade concerning Tesla. The names may change but the ridiculousness of people doesn’t.

You aren’t special. Your opinion isn’t new. Just fyi.
Does not mean it's real and
Wait just a bunch of messages just got deleted? Including a lot that were on topic? Just in between the mess

I usually get a notification when that happens
You got TMC'ed:)

Reactions: MitchMitch
I think $99 per month is the right call, regardless. I think that's probably the top end of mass adoption. Even if FSD was L3 or higher.

I also think Tesla will continue to offer Quarterly transfer incentives,(plus free super charging, etc) until the demand increases.

I don't think offering transfers helps FSD at all, but helps with sales a bit.
I would have just waited on my Cybertruck and wouldn't have traded for my X last October if not for FSD xfer

It is not worth arguing about. I believe plug-in hybrids like the Volt, and Toyota Primes are a gateway for many people. They also allow for towing far better than the Tesla options for that small segment of the market that does tow. To me the goal is to reduce gasoline use, not get everyone into an EV. And here a plug-in hybrid definitely helps reduce gas usage.
Mostly I believe they help people get over their fear of a large battery.

I would have just waited on my Cybertruck and wouldn't have traded for my X last October if not for FSD xfer
Tesla had the most incentives I've seen on the S/X last Q. Free color or interior color upgrade, $1k off inventory, $10k SC miles if you are trading in a car, plus FSD transfer.

It didn't seem to help much. Maybe they offer more this Q.

Reactions: MD70 and replicant
First nudes of Cybertruck pack

There seems to be a lot of space on top of the cells, or the bottom

The top of the pack is usually made of steel on other Teslas, the bottom aluminum so it melts and the pack drops in the unlikely event of a fire, making it easier to extinguish it

Maybe that huge gap is for safety, specifically considering off road use

Either that or we will have longer 4680s

If they are longer, they won't be 4680s anymore :)

There were 4 separate stop and start up of production lines this Q.

1. Chinese new years
2. Berlin Fire
3. Berlin red sea disruption
4. Model 3 Fremont production.

Every disruption creates more and more cars in transit vs available cars for sale. Production dropped by over 60k just from the disruption vs Q4, and then a bunch of cars, perhaps 20-50k of them were manufactured but couldn't make it to customer's hand as they were done near the tail end of the restart production ramp.

So we are probably talking about a 100k reduction in available deliverable cars vs Q4.

How many of that roughly fifty thousand are in transit? I think labeling them as inventory is deceiving.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Not F@cking up refreshes: Tesla sucks at refreshes. Other auto makers don’t have this issue, really got to get their ducks in a row. Oh well at least there are no refreshes in Q2 planned AFAIK.

This is somewhat understandable, for most OEMs a refresh means just some new looks here and there, while Tesla does the opposite, which means it’s likely ramping a new line from scratch

S/X some small welcome changes in the exterior, retaining the familiar look, while the rest was totally new

Same as refresh Model 3, tons of underlying changes

I had to look it up, as I had never heard of that before. I don't think we have any flashing green lights in the US. So there likely isn't any, or enough, training data on them yet for FSD to know what to do.

That would explain it. We lived in Palm Springs in winter for years but left in 2018. For the life of me I can’t remember if they have anything like a flashing advanced green arrow for left turns.

I have no aversion to using Tesla’s network because it doesn’t follow me around with the car. I certainly hope they build a robust and profitable EV charging network to further adoption.

You may be misunderstanding the point of my post. I’m not willing to buy another Tesla automobile because I don’t want to be associated with the brand every time I drive somewhere and I don’t want it front and center at home and work. This may be an interesting data point for investors.

I’ll use whatever charging network is most practical with my next car because I won’t be regularly seen with the brand. Just like when I buy gasoline for my F150 or my bike I’m sure it’s going to some unsavory company but I don’t drive around with an Exxon logo bolted to the tailgate.
The things you worry about are really sad. I feel sorry for you.

Reactions: CaliBear1
- Not F@cking up refreshes: Tesla sucks at refreshes. Other auto makers don’t have this issue, really got to get their ducks in a row. Oh well at least there are no refreshes in Q2 planned AFAIK.

FWIW this seems more accurately to be "Fremont sucks at refreshes"-- S, X, and now 3 all completely screwed up and taking forever.

Shanghai seemed to have no issues doing the same refresh on the 3 though.

Who's even running Fremont these days and why do they still have a job?

Meanwhile Musk spends his time supporting the other side, which says EVs are evil, wants to cancel the IRA, reduce NASA funding, and provide huge subsidies instead to the fossil fuel industry.

All the more reason for Elon to focus and win over this group to gain their trust instead of just preaching to the choir.

Tesla will never be successful in the "mission" if they outright ignore the other half the population. Especially when this half of the population tends to drive the biggest vehicles and have longer commutes compared to Liberals living in dense urban areas.

This outreach will undoubtedly lose some on the other side, but I think there is far more customers to gain then he will lose with this approach.

Mod:
I just deleted 18 posts for continuing the banned discussion of Elon and his politics. It's not about whether I/we as moderators have an opinion one way or the other. It's because it kills this otherwise useful thread. DO NOT DO THIS.

Someone asked about a lot of missing posts. All I know is that it wasn't me. I skipped about 14 pages of posts this morning due to workload.
--ggr

Tesla had the most incentives I've seen on the S/X last Q. Free color or interior color upgrade, $1k off inventory, $10k SC miles if you are trading in a car, plus FSD transfer.

It didn't seem to help much. Maybe they offer more this Q.
But yet there are people that have placed their orders for a Model S a couple months ago that are still waiting for it. (And just about to give up.) So, it seems that S&X production might be an issue.

Mod:
I just deleted 18 posts for continuing the banned discussion of Elon and his politics. It's not about whether I/we as moderators have an opinion one way or the other. It's because it kills this otherwise useful thread. DO NOT DO THIS.

Someone asked about a lot of missing posts. All I know is that it wasn't me. I skipped about 14 pages of posts this morning due to workload.
--ggr
It's a matter than can affect the share price. IMO, it belongs in this investment thread.