Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1000005432.png
Wow, blatant manipulation via disinformation on display this morning

Elon confirmed it’s not true.

FSD 13.3.3 is fantastic, I’ve been an FSD user for close to 3 years now and it’s really fun to watch the improvement. This new version is for real and I can totally see a future where robotaxis exist, and it’s not that far away. That said, there is no reason Tesla can’t do both so this story sounded like BS out of the gate.

Need a coffee and maybe a scotch … sheesh, what a way to wake up.

Doesn't matter. The regulatory process to get Robotaxi approved is going to take years once the technology is proven.

How many times does this one need to be debunked?

RTs can be put on the road today in over a dozen US states, serving nearly half the US population, with no special "regulatory approval" whatsoever.

You get well north of half the population by adding CA, which has clear regulations in place that are pretty easy to follow (see Waymo as an example).

In most of the remaining US states there are no regulators to review anything, because those states simply haven't bothered passing any laws either way on the topic-- they'll do so, and quickly, once generalized RTs actually exist, and they'll likely be similar to most of the existing states that have already done so (in fact among those states most of the content of their laws are near identical to each other)

The idea it'll be "years to prove it's safe to regulators before they're allowed on the road' is simply not true.

Now Europe is a whole other story-- even the L2 beta can't be approved there (nor is the new "supervised" label on the same product able to be approved there).... But Europe already has pretty solid public transit so RTs aren't going to be as huge a market as the US anyway (and the US would come first as the beta did either way)

So, what do you have to say now that we know the rumor isn't true, Elon didn't change his mind, and Reuters was lying all along? Are you willing to admit you were wrong about Elon this time as well? 🤔
I have to say the fact that many of us, and the market, thinks this is real is proof I’m not alone on my thoughts about Elon. Again, read the book. Also, Elon isn’t 100% truthful. I’m sure that big bad “main stream media” didn’t invent this from nothing. We all know this was Elon’s intention and that he was pushed out of the idea. I’m sure there’s something that can make Elon say “false” but there’s also something that makes the story true. I stand by my assertion. Tesla is amazing, Elon is the risk.

You are quitting on a fake story?

I guess today was the day, regardless of what occurred.
I'm not "quitting" anything and my post had little to do with whatever's currently in the news. I simply don't agree with the direction Elon is going with his ventures and haven't for a few years now. He's been claiming full FSD "that can drive across the country without intervention" for over 8 years now. I'm sure one day he'll be correct, but I'm also fortunate enough to have the means to know what it's time to not be greedy and be happy with what I've gotten from this company.

Tesla in the long run will be fine, but I've gotten to a point where a large part of my net worth being tied to a single man with bizarre mood swings is too much for me. I don't expect many superfans on this forum to agree of course.

It wouldn't surprise me if this headline is misleading but somewhat accurate. I haven't been convinced that Tesla will ever directly sell the low cost vehicle...It's for Robotaxi. Why deal with selling a super low margin vehicle when the end goal is transportation as a service. I believe that Reuters is correct that they are scrapping the car to sell to the public...but that car will be built and in the millions of units per year....but Tesla will own and operate them all.

I'm not "quitting" anything and my post had little to do with whatever's currently in the news. I simply don't agree with the direction Elon is going with his ventures and haven't for a few years now. He's been claiming full FSD "that can drive across the country without intervention" for over 8 years now. I'm sure one day he'll be correct, but I'm also fortunate enough to have the means to know what it's time to not be greedy and be happy with what I've gotten from this company.

Tesla in the long run will be fine, but I've gotten to a point where a large part of my net worth being tied to a single man with bizarre mood swings is too much for me. I don't expect many superfans on this forum to agree of course.
Bye

@phantasms @FlyNavy01

So what's your excuse for choking on the Elon hate and getting suckered into another Reuters lie? Maybe this stock is too much for your to handle, you might find life more relaxing without it.
Yep! l Literally exactly what I said actually. Bought 2 houses, a couple sports cars, and will be selling off my final shares soon. Not bad for my age. TSLA may shoot up to 2000 again one day, but I fortunately won't need it. I hope we all can be so lucky!

Last edited:
Robotaxis are a fantasy at this point, an aspirational thing.
A tesla 2 has an immediate world market.

Well that's not true, Tesla will eventually build Robotaxi's, just not anytime soon in my opinion. FSD is super impressive right now but its not RT ready yet, even though we are much closer than ever.

My hunch is we'll see RT's from Tesla put on the roads somewhere in the 2027-2028 timeframe. Gen3 production needs to get rolling first and FSD needs to be solved to L5, and both of those things are likely a few years out yet.

But they are both coming. For real, its not fantasy, just a matter of time now.

It wouldn't surprise me if this headline is misleading but somewhat accurate. I haven't been convinced that Tesla will ever directly sell the low cost vehicle...It's for Robotaxi. Why deal with selling a super low margin vehicle when the end goal is transportation as a service. I believe that Reuters is correct that they are scrapping the car to sell to the public...but that car will be built and in the millions of units per year....but Tesla will own and operate them all.
Annnnndddd Confirmed.