Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is this fund family still looked at? She was right once in a row and truly awful with everything else.

Haven't you been asked once before to provide data to support this claim of ARK being awful with everything else?

Please elaborate in some detail about "everything else" ARK has been awful with. This should be enlightening.

Reactions: Krugerrand
What do you think a HW4 Model 3/Y/S/X with high definition radar would be missing?

if they are going to add something to the sensor suite for RT high definition radar is the most likely crutch, otherwise it is back to pure vision that all HW3/HW4 cars have.

Even if there were special cameras and hardware in the RT, there is no obvious reason what that could not be retrofitted to other models.

IMO the RT is being built purely for economic reasons, not technical reasons,

If you would not use a RT or FSD, you are not the intended customer. Some people don't own a car, or don't have a licence.
The 3/Y do not have radar, including the Highland. Only the S/X and it's disabled currently.

It's a leap that any more retrofits will come. We know there won't be retrofits from HW3 to HW4. Who knows about HW5 which should be out in 2026 or 2027.

The fact is we don't know at this point what the end result will be.

Not sure of the relevance of your last comment. I've been an FSD tester on 3 vehicles since October 2021.

Reactions: ShareLofty
AlphaGo is predicting moves in a game with well defined rules, limited inputs, and a clear outcome. It was able to play itself to quickly learn the best strategies. FSD, or LLMs for that matter, don't work that way.
Limited inputs? Go was explicitly chosen because it is a complicated game with FAR more possible plays than chess.

From Scientific American: “Go's complexity is bigger, much bigger. With its breadth of 250 possible moves each turn (Go is played on a 19 by 19 board compared to the much smaller eight by eight chess field) and a typical game depth of 150 moves, there are about 250^150, or 10^360 possible moves.”

That’s a lot for “limited inputs”. And that’s using technology from over a decade ago.

And if you asked most people if you could just show a neural network videos of cars driving and it would be able to do it pretty darn well with almost no control code, they wouldn’t have believed you either.

And if I told you I could show a random picture of a cat to a computer and it could identify that there’s a cat in the picture, it would have been thought of as impossible just two decades ago.

The car can already identify people of all different kinds, shapes, sizes, and with different clothing with almost 100% reliability. Why do you think the capability stops there?

How is it that a human brain can drive in an infinite world of infinite possibilities? Yes, we have more neurons, but we also have to do a lot more than just drive.

Neural nets don’t have to be perfect drivers. No human is a perfect driver either.

The 3/Y do not have radar, including the Highland. Only the S/X and it's disabled currently.

It's a leap that any more retrofits will come. We know there won't be retrofits from HW3 to HW4. Who knows about HW5 which should be out in 2026 or 2027.
Logically speaking a 2-seater Robotaxi is probably ideal for 95% of trips, but isn't suitable for the other 5%.

Retrofitting any required hardware to existing models seems to me like the most efficient way of satisfying that last 5%.

I am referring to comments like :- "I will not use a Robotaxi" / " I will not pay 12K for FSD" - clearly Tesla is hoping there are customers for the services they intend to provide, I no longer play golf, but it does seem that the game is somehow surviving without my contribution.

Last edited:
Logically speaking a 2-seater Robotaxi is probably ideal for 95% of trips, but isn't suitable for the other 5%.

Retrofitting any required hardware to existing models seems to me like the most efficient way of satisfying that last 5%.
I doubt there will be retrofits. Simply due to the design of HW4 and Elon's comments.

If they have intentions or need for more sensors will will come on a refresh.

Do people really think this lady is so smart that she can time the market?

Okay, we have a short-term thinker, who admittedly is NOT a TSLA investor, posting in a TSLA investor's forum about how ARK making five to seven year forecasts is something that they consider to be classified as "timing the market"

With regard to the value of FSD to consumers, you’re all right.

Those who say they can’t justify $12k or $99/month because they can’t afford it, or it doesn’t bring enough value, or whatever—are right.

And those who say they paid $12k or $199/month in a heartbeat because they love it are right too.

Some people are wealthier than others. Some like driving, some don’t. Some like driving but also love watching the tech improve (me). Some get annoyed by it. Others like to show it off.

It doesn’t matter. Not everyone subscribes to Netflix either.

There will be some value proposition where FSD makes sense to a private non-commercial user. There will be another higher value proposition where FSD makes sense to a commercial user.

FSD will sell to both of these types of customers, hopefully at different pricing tiers in a way that makes sense. But ultimately it will result in a lot of high margin money coming in. Even if level 5 is never quite reached.

With regard to the value of FSD to consumers, you’re all right.

Those who say they can’t justify $12k or $99/month because they can’t afford it, or it doesn’t bring enough value, or whatever—are right.

And those who say they paid $12k or $199/month in a heartbeat because they love it are right too.

Some people are wealthier than others. Some like driving, some don’t. Some like driving but also love watching the tech improve (me). Some get annoyed by it. Others like to show it off.

It doesn’t matter. Not everyone subscribes to Netflix either.

There will be some value proposition where FSD makes sense to a private non-commercial user. There will be another higher value proposition where FSD makes sense to a commercial user.

FSD will sell to both of these types of customers, hopefully at different pricing tiers in a way that makes sense. But ultimately it will result in a lot of high margin money coming in. Even if level 5 is never quite reached.

Twenty years ago, the idea of $1000 cell phones finding a mass market was unthinkable. Sure, it helps that the carriers shield their customers from the upfront cost but it’s still a lot of money.
If FSD delivers the utility, it will sell for more than $99 a month. Tesla can offer reduced insurance rates that offsets some of the cost. Most people are still paying through the nose for gas. Tesla will be taking that $99 from the gas companies and the insurance companies.

Tesla is taking questions from shareholders. May I suggest logging in to Say - Q&A
and vote to have this very important question asked:
1713409212492.png

Attachments

• 1713409165531.png
    1713409165531.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 9
That's a great picture, but I don't think it proves if the CT line is running.

I'd love to see something from a Joe T. flyover that shows new ones coming out of the factory. Or maybe a pic showing there are more today than yesterday?

Joe Tegtmeyer posted a new drone video today showing exactly that, with cybertrucks exiting from the new SouthWest door of Giga Texas.

The larger question is, do you understand that cyber truck production was never shut down (only deliveries paused for a week) and the Production story was FUD spread by shorts which you internalized, uncritically?

James Stephensen also did a video today in his who's hatin' hard series on exactly this topic. It's just easier to completely ignore the trolls and shorts, they're always lying. It's FUD d'jour, all day everyday.

Haven't you been asked once before to provide data to support this claim of ARK being awful with everything else?

Please elaborate in some detail about "everything else" ARK has been awful with. This should be enlightening.
Compare the performance of their flagship fund against the Nasdaq or S&P1500… they’ve underperformed considerably.
Teladoc comes to mind as a company she touted for a while..

Reactions: sunwarriors
I'm not quite sure what to make of this, but seems like Elon is really trying to pitch his case for his comp plan.

Are you attributing this to Elon? smh. It's signed by the Chairman of the Board Robyn Denholm, and sent on behalf of the Board. Further, it states that both Elon and Kimball have recused themselves from this process.

As an investor, you should be thinking strategically. Here's my analysis: Elon can't lose. Investors can save about $25 billion dollars in payroll taxes by ratifying the 2018 CEO compensation plan. Unless they think they can get by without paying Elon what he's earned.

Then Elon walks, TSLA tanks, and Elon buys up the company for a song with money he's earned via SpaceX and Starlink. Then he takes it private, and flips the bird to the market.

Which is what we'd deserve unless we pay him what he's already earned. Which, by the way, is simply the right to hold TSLA stock for 5 more years, which is what y'all should be doing, NFA.

Twenty years ago, the idea of $1000 cell phones finding a mass market was unthinkable. Sure, it helps that the carriers shield their customers from the upfront cost but it’s still a lot of money.
If FSD delivers the utility, it will sell for more than $99 a month. Tesla can offer reduced insurance rates that offsets some of the cost. Most people are still paying through the nose for gas. Tesla will be taking that $99 from the gas companies and the insurance companies.
That’s a good point about insurance. Why wouldn’t other insurance providers offer a discount as well. Just like you get a discount on your homeowner’s insurance if you have certain features. Or there might be other feature tie-ins depending on how things go.

Strong disagree. No one ever said I wasn't paying attention. I just pay the attention of a copilot. It's not unsafe. I have never been in an accident in Autopilot/FSD for 8 years now. I follow the rules, hence FSD doesn't disable

Doesn’t the nanny cam cut FSD if it sees your eyes are not on the road. How did you get away with texting without the system disengaging? FSD 2.3.x won’t work if the lens of the camera is covered either.

Compare the performance of their flagship fund against the Nasdaq or S&P1500… they’ve underperformed considerably.
Teladoc comes to mind as a company she touted for a while..

So, that's "everything else" is it? 🤷‍♂️

You do understand what it is that they are investing in, don't you? Their performance will be determined over a span of years, measured by the effects of a convergence of disruptive technologies upon the value of those companies who are pioneering them. People who aren't willing to wait for this to happen may be disappointed. Those who understand the goal is long term won't be.

Comparing ARK to the S&P, or cherry-picking short-term returns does not represent ARK's investment strategy, outlook, or forecast.

Talk about ARK performance after these disruptive technologies are further along in their S-curves before casting judgement. ARK's shortest forecast is five years. Many are seven or more.

Next you will be telling us about how poorly Berkshire Hathaway trades options.

Last edited: