Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else notice the volume today?

I hope all those poor little shorties got covered without losing the rent money for their mother's basement.

(okay, I don't really hope that at all)
Say what? Speak up please... (Rock-n-Roll). The volume you say? Yes, it was on 11.

Lots needed to close out soon was my read (as in buy TSLA). In fact, it's why I bought 25 more today!

Reactions: mad474
I hope Jason Cammisa has hired a couple of bodyguards by now. Lot of BMW/ICE nuts out there. In the podcast, he mentioned that heā€™s still getting hate mail from his Cybertruck review!

I want to be a fly on the wall when eternal Tesla hater from the Smoking Tire podcast watches Jason say that the M3P has made the BMW M3 irrelevant šŸ¤£. The last time, he lost it completely, said some things about Jason & then apologised to Jason.

"wait till
7:54
you see what's going to happen when all
7:56
of a sudden they start selling cars
7:57
instead of for 4 $40,000 a piece for
8:00
$25,000 a piece which is going to happen
8:02
in the next a year, year and a half uh
8:05
from their new model the new model they
8:07
think is going to do 5 million cars a year"

Ron gets it!

If they were planning on new models this year we'd have reports of prototype testing. There have been none. It can take up to a year for regulatory approval for a new model in the U.S. they could share details if that process has started. They didn't. If new models were coming this year don't you think they'd be taking customer deposits?

That's a very good point. Even for minor refreshes you start seeing camouflaged cars 1-2 years before release.

Reactions: MD70
It was vague because it was a half baked idea to try to save the stock since it was the worst performing in the S&P 500 this year outside of Boeing. Elon was asked directly for more details and he punted.

If they were planning on new models this year we'd have reports of prototype testing. There have been none. It can take up to a year for regulatory approval for a new model in the U.S. they could share details if that process has started. They didn't. If new models were coming this year don't you think they'd be taking customer deposits?

When they don't deliver anything new this year people will say "oh, that's Elon Time, being optimistic" when it's plainly obvious it's not going to happen from the moment it was announced.
Exactly. I suspect this strategy decision was made in the last few weeks.
The best case scenario is a new model is produced this year and then takes time to get tested and approved before it can be sold.

If a new model is shown on the 8/8 I hope someone asks how long will it take to get regulatory approval.

Meh - 3,1 instead of 3,4 for the 2019 M3P (0-100kmh)

But why get we EU people less power?

Yes, I'd love to get a US made M3P with Pana pack in germany. Would pay premium.

But the real question is, why is there still no advancement in Model 3 / Y pack since 2018?

528 km WLPT means around 450 km real world. That's the same as my 10% degraded pana pack from 2019. It's a shame and the main reason holding me back.

Last edited:
Reactions: primedive
The best case scenario is a new model is produced this year and then takes time to get tested and approved before it can be sold.

If a new model is shown on the 8/8 I hope someone asks how long will it take to get regulatory approval.
Not last few weeks. Reuters reported that the decision to cancel the project for unboxed manufacturing of the compact car was taken before late February. So their sources(probably lower level employees) knew only half the story & Reuters dutifully reported it.

Also, Model 3/Y prototypes were never seen in public before the unveiling.

Not last few weeks. Reuters reported that the decision to cancel the project for unboxed manufacturing of the compact car was taken before late February. So their sources(probably lower level employees) knew only half the story & Reuters dutifully reported it.

Also, Model 3/Y prototypes were never seen in public before the unveiling.
The question then is how quickly can they get regulatory approval after 8/8.

A couple of years ago, I think Cathie Wood did ask Elon about starting a ride-hailing service with a driver before a full blown cybercab service. My recollection is that he was not keen on the idea.

ā€¦
Yes, I remember that. I think ARK included it in their valuation models nonetheless. Elon was thinking RT would quantum-leap past driver ride-hailing, so why bother? And here we are.

Reactions: H Mak

It will have been made long before that, it then leaked forcing Tesla to comment on it. The shift in strategy (if it is that as they never really gave concrete plans before), doesn't mean all the design, engineering work on the next gen model is thrown away. The shift is so they can get it out quicker without having to build whole new GigaFactories, saving CapEx. Good prudent decision, and the cash flow will fund its expansion to the new Giga's once they move to scale up to tens of million of cars. That's what I took from the Conference call.

Hopefully we can wean ourselves off the IRA gradually?

Something that is not discussed much is that although many investors would like to NOT see a big chunk of profit come from these credits, because it gives ammo to bears, its actually not only likely to stay for a while but may actually get more favorable.
Climate change is definitely getting worse. We have seen ice storms in texas, wildfires in siberia, flooding in dubai and china, now there are dust storms in Greece. All of these events push the concern about moving away from ICE higher. ALl around the world, governments will inevitably come under pressure to force ICE companies to get their act together.
Not only are regulatory credits not about to go away, I think there is good cause to suspect they will go up (both is strength, and number of countries using such mechanisms).