Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My ‘backing a cause’ is ‘investing’ in YOUR descendants. I already ‘backed my other cause’ by not having descendants. You’re welcome on both fronts.
Well we all know cats should not be spacefaring creatures. Despite evidence certain aliens dropped them in egypt and to make up for it taught the locals how to build pyramids and such like.

That's false. Just one example, simply search "CATL 4680 Qilin" and you will see they have been mass producing the form factor in meaningful quantities since last year. One of many links you will find in this regard... CATL begins mass production of its Qilin batteries with 13% more power than other 4680 cells

However, it seems Tesla is about to undercut the 4680 competition, just when everyone was trash talking the 4680 program... Tesla expects its 4680 battery cells to be cheaper than suppliers by end of year
Ok, corrected to say not sold anywhere outside of China and if they are sold in China is a big maybe because Greely does not report the breakout of the only model using this battery It goes in one, and only one, high end model from Greely. We know it's coming though, CATL is no joke, neither is LG or Pano. CATL started delivering sample packs last year, it is not clear if they have made it into production and in any case as it relates to the original question: They don't exist as an alternative in the near term for Tesla. Companies are not yet ready to provide 4680s to Tesla at scale.

Waymo could be the first user of the CATL 4680 in the USA via the new Zeeker platform autonomous vehicle the two companies developed together. They started receiving them in the USA recently and job postings from Greely and Waymo hint that they'll be testing soon. The vehicle is a bit delayed and perhaps the delay in the battery is a reason?

Waymo has an order for 50k of them and it's my thinking that this means they'll chase the Uber profit centers because that number matches up pretty well with the number of vehicles Uber keeps busy constantly in the 10 most profitable cities in the USA. Could be coincidence but I don't think so.

And what will Tesla get by taking liability for vehicles on autopilot besides ...having to take liability? Mercedes need a marketing scheme to make people think their cars are "more autonomous" than a Tesla. Tesla already holds the title for being the most autonomous on the road because their cars actually drives themselves unlike a fake marking campaign.
Much greater FSD use. With more FSD use the roads become safer and other car manufacturers are visibly shown to be further behind. Lower insurance cost for drivers will drive use and uptake. Both of which will help Tesla sales. (And eventually will reduce advertising income from other car makers)

Last edited:
Reactions: capster and 2daMoon
I just like this image: ⚡(imma call it "Solar Power")

1714133151627.png

Last edited:
Question: do you think Meat Kevin even knows that you cannot vote shares you didn't own before April 15th, 2024? Or, does he think that you don't know that? Sounds fishy...
Yeah, I wasn't sure in his timing, but checked and he posted going short March 13. Possibly that was with puts though, he supposedly made a video, not that I care...

😬

Sawyer Merritt:
"Typically there is a 90-day post-termination (or leaving) exercise window period where you have to exercise (ie, pay) for your vested incentive stock options or else you lose them."

So the timing was very likely not his choice.

I'm sorry, are we considering a guy with a fledgling t-shirt company and no corporate finance experience a source now?

He'd only need to sell 20-30% to cover his taxes. Instead he sold nearly everything.

He was a high level exec with access to all info on 4680, FSD, Optimus, etc. and he wanted to exit asap. Hmmm.

What about the other 100+ execs who are happy to remain invested? No one knows the real reason he sold (tax, resentment over being let go, starting his own company, wants to be rich, thinks Tesla is going to fail etc) and it doesn't matter to the company in the slightest. We had this kind of FUD when Model 3 was ramping, when a few execs left, think Chanos was tweeting about it endlessly, It didn't work out well for him, he shorted his whole fund into oblivion.

Larry Goldberg writes on X this morning:

"I see this and other TSLAQ accounts hysterical over Drew Baglino selling his stock. What nonsense - it's desperation, looking for any possible liferaft from the short squeeze they find themselves in.

"Fact is, the Stock Options held by executives have to be disposed of with 90 days of leaving the company, or they expire worthless. It is absolutely normal and expected that once an executive retires, they immediately seek to dispose of their stock.

"Here is the actual wording of the stock grant from the Tesla S-8 filing:

"This Option will be exercisable for three (3) months after the Participant ceases to be a Service Provider, unless such termination is due to participant’s death or Disability, in which case this Option will be exercisable for twelve (12) months after the Participant ceases to be a Service Provider. Notwithstanding the forgoing, in no event may this Option be exercised after the Term/expiration date as provided above and may be subject to earlier termination as provided in Section 13 of the Plan."

Last edited: