Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not at all anything official, just an open minded officer from Sweden informing themselves what FSD can do. Good PR on Tesla’s side, but Sweden as well as the rest of Europe depends on UNECE moving ahead and that will take years still Ian afraid.
Just before Rohan Patel quit, he posted that UNECE changes that will be implemented in November 2024 will not allow FSD V12 implementation in the EU region. Maybe Elon saw that post, went into one of his demon mode and fired Patel 😬

There is some differing opinions on whether the updated regulations allow system initiated actions without driver approval. Maybe an EU lawyer here can read the updated regulations and determine what’s what.

Just before Rohan Patel quit, he posted that UNECE changes that will be implemented in November 2024 will not allow FSD V12 implementation in the EU region. Maybe Elon saw that post, went into one of his demon mode and fired Patel 😬

There is some differing opinions on whether the updated regulations allow system initiated actions without driver approval. Maybe an EU lawyer here can read the updated regulations and determine what’s what.
That's what I'm saying! Totally possible Elon has zero tolerance for those who don't boof straight hopium right now.

yes margins will compress significantly when USA based battery capacity comes online next year through 2027. They'll get IRA for making the batteries, should be cost competitive with Asia but Asian supplies will keep things falling. Right now though, rosy. Even next year. 2026...I am not sure energy margins stay high into 2026.
COGS (battery cost) for Megapack will decrease. Demand for Megapack is quasi-infinite. So if supply is finite, costs to manufacturer go down, and demand approaches infinity...how do you figure margins don't stay high?

That's what I'm saying! Totally possible Elon has zero tolerance for those who don't boof straight hopium right now.

To be clear, that’s not what I am saying. When Patel posted that, I immediately thought it was improper of him to post this in public.

There is always room for interpretation of the regulations and there should be negotiations with regulators on the correct interpretation. Patel should not have negotiated in public and showed his hand.

[snip]

Thing is...after 1.4 BILLION miles driven on FSD while supervised there have been ZERO deaths. A bunch of those miles were drive on old versions of FSD, which admittedly drove like a drunken 16 year old in the beginning, and STILL no one died! This statistic becomes increasingly difficult for regulators to ignore as more lifesaving miles are logged and FSD blows past human capability. The longer regulators wait to allow this life-saving technology, the more people die. We don't want people to die, do we?
1.4 billion miles is enough data to conclusively say that Tesla FSD with human oversight is safer than every mode of transportation, except maybe for civil aviation. And that’s only because we need about 100x more data for a meaningful comparison with airline travel.

Tesla has done a fantastic job safely rolling out the FSD Beta testing program. Doubters who said it was dangerous to hand over testing to the general public were wrong.

Last edited:
Price drop on 3 & Y in Australia and New Zealand.

After removing 15% sales tax, price in New Zealand including delivery and drive away costs is as follows in equivalent US dollars:

Model 3 RWD: ~$34.5k USD
Model Y RWD: ~$35.5k USD

Another price drop in New Zealand:

After removing 15% sales tax, price in New Zealand (no subsidies) is as follows in equivalent US dollars:

Model 3 RWD: ~$33.0k USD
Model Y RWD: ~$34.0k USD

(Delivery cost & “order fee” is an extra $900 USD)